Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help lore & location
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Nstol_wisper
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Nov 29 2019, 03:21 PM) *
Even with that, I assume that the Awakening also caused millions of Native Americans to suddenly just sprout out of the ground and everyone said "Huh, ok, that happened" and then went back to business as usual. smile.gif

Along with the obvious points of origin, Europe could have contributed to the NAN population?
Sengir
QUOTE (Nstol_wisper @ Dec 7 2019, 09:50 PM) *
Along with the obvious points of origin, Europe could have contributed to the NAN population?

Uhm, you realize what the "NA" in "NAN" stands for?

PS: Yes, tribal membership need not be limited to blood quantums and other inventions of Europeans worried about the purity of races. But the SAIM was very explicit in wanting everybody of European, African, or Asian ancestry to GTFO, mass adoptions of person of said ancestries who were not even in the country would be somewhat contrary to that intent...
Iduno
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 4 2019, 05:44 PM) *
...which really is a case of "I don't even" wink.gif

If that was the intent they screwed up badly, because the one question global population numbers in SR raise is "why is the global population that large despite VITAS?"

Yeah, "they didn't die because of concentration camps" is one that deserves further questions. I see where they were going with the "population now + population growth - VITAS = population now, and also in 2050." Neither one is good, but the second one at least is justifiable.

"Native shamans of all continents were able to fend off the disease better than modern medicine, and also helped out non-natives who allied with them" would have been simpler and also a better way to get what they were going for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012