Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chemical glands
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wanderer
Their best use appears to be not as biological weapons (though they are great for that as well) but as comptrollers for other pieces of bioware, eg:

Adrenal pump + chemical gland (ACTH): with this combination a sammie can activate the pump at will, bypassing the need for being wounded or stunned (great if you have pain resistance ware or magic as well)

Adrenal pump + chemical gland (ACTH) + chemical gland (MAO): now the sammie can turn on and off the pump at will, immediately blocked unwanted activations (say during a climax biggrin.gif or seeing your favourite team win) and may activate the pump for less than the maximum time, keeping down the stun aftereffects.

Platelet factory + chemical gland (Anticoagulants): now the sammie can benefit from greater damage resistance without lifesaving dependence on an external drug supply.

These combinations are rather expensive, Bio Index-wise, but they allow to reap the maximum benefit from these pieces of bioware
Cray74
Hell yes. I've thought of the platelet factory & chem gland idea, too.
Ancient History
Yeah. There's others too. Had one player implant the gland in his fingers, it put out doses of stone toad hallucinogen. Interesting uses for that.
Ghoste
Heh heh...I'd be sitting around my house licking my fingers all day. biggrin.gif
Phaeton
QUOTE (Ghoste)
Heh heh...I'd be sitting around my house licking my fingers all day. biggrin.gif

rotfl.gif
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Ghoste)

That's just inefficient. Have the glad installed in your mouth; cut out the middle-man. biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Or just as an internal release gland, so you always have the effects of one dose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012