Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: No Man's Land
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TinkerGnome
On custom vehicles, those which I will allow.

They must be commercially viable products. Don't build everything into the chasis, do most of your real tweaking as after-market customization.

The most niche you'll see a walker fit into is that of an ATV for extreemly hazardous terrains.

A hovercraft is a possibility for this run, though possibly not the most useful. I'd encourage a Hughes WK-2 (used if necessary, though any rotor will work well) for your primary transport.

#6 has the number right. I'll let in 8. Given that I know how Dumpshock works, I expect not to have to do a lot of picking since it's 36 hours until deadline and I have a grand total of 1 submission. We'll see what we get on Saturday morning wink.gif
Shadow
On that note, I am tossing my hat into the ring.

I have two characters I would like to submit Tink. They are both runners and already made. However, they could easily be made under your guidelines if I re-made them. So I would like to keep them as is.

One is an adept kick boxer. Very hard, very cool. She has a lot of 'personality'. The other is an ex-olympic hopeful Biathlon star turned runner.

If it's okay I will mail 'em both to you. I do not want to play them both mind you, just one of them.

@ Everyone else,

Sword/Bow/werewolf men do not strike me as people who live in the city and run the shadows. Maybe a glance at his requirements may be in order.
Shadow
Ok after careful consideration I decided that Raven was more appropriate of a character for this run. So she should be sitting in your inbox.
FXcalibur
I sent a very brief concept. If it's too little, I'll work on the character now.
Beast of Revolutions
Man, it takes an eternity to make a rigger. But I'm almost done. Unfortunately, I won't be able to carry 8 people. The hovercraft has 1 bucket, 1 bench, and 1 reinforced bench, so I can only carry 5 or 6 people. The load rating is 8 kilograms now, and not even removing the turret would give me enough for more seating. This doesn't necesarily mean that we'd need a second rigger, but if there are 8 people, there will have to be another vehicle, which shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Im going to have to abandon the walker idea for the time being due to fiscal constraints.
Number 6
Um, i got a bike. And a commuter car with my lifestyle, dunno if that's adequate to offroading tho.
Panzergeist
I'm almost done. Got the chargen completed, now I just need to spend the upgrade money.
FXcalibur
Wait, uh, no rating cap? Does that mean we can take betaware?
JaronK
What, if any, languages will be required for this? Or will the characters not know, and I should just hope to get an appropriate knowsoft?

JaronK
Joker9125
I think a translate spell would be a good idea for mages. Ill finish making my character and send him and his background tomorrow.
JaronK
Yay, character submitted *crosses fingers.*

JaronK
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (FXcalibur)
Wait, uh, no rating cap? Does that mean we can take betaware?

Standard caps apply for character generation. After chargen, there's no rating cap and the availability cap rises to 20 (pretty much just not heavy milspec gear at that point). You can get Deltaware if you want it. You do have to pay SI for stuff bought after chargen, though. You don't have to pay surgical costs.

As for languages, there aren't any required. While the game is going to be set outside of town, it will still be in North America where English is the dominant language everywhere except Quebec and Atzlan (well, and San Francisco).
FXcalibur
Availability 20 only AFTER chargen? >____<

There goes my entire afternoon's work...Well, do I need to roll for etiquette and all that when I try to purchase my milspec gear?

EDIT: After re-reading, I guess not.
TinkerGnome
It's a good idea to reread the first post in the thread before you sit down to do actual character creation. All of the rules should be listed there in one form or another.

Basicly, create a character as you normally would, then apply 500,000 nuyen.gif as though you earned it through play. I set the avail 20 cap because it seems reasonable to me. If you want something with a higher avail, let me know and we can roll it out. Obviously, it's likely you won't be able to get it.
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Tink: Just a bit of a head's up to let you know that I had a great idea last night for how to add some cool flavor to my character and emailed the details to you. If you're cool with them, they replace what we had talked about yesterday.

I love it when a character starts coming together. smile.gif
TinkerGnome
I've had 5 people contact me in email. Unfortunately, skimming them for data is hard. Here is what I need from everyone who wants to play.

Send an email to tinkergnome@comcast.net with a subject line mentioning the game or Dumpshock.

In the body of the message, include:

Character name:
Character archetype:
Board name:
Concept/Background: (if you haven't already sent this in another email)

This should take you all of five minutes to do. Because I keep shifting things, I'm moving the deadline ahead to 24 hours from now, approximately. 1:00 pm EST.
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Sent.
FXcalibur
Sent.

I'm adjusting my character. I have to admit, I got a little too excited when I saw the Avail 20 cap. I'm readjusting my character now. smile.gif
Number 6
What's a 'Board name'?
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Yours would be "Number 6." smile.gif
TinkerGnome
RoUS is right wink.gif "Number 6" as opposed to "Karl" or "HotDealForYou" or whatever your email name might show up as wink.gif
Number 6
heh, maybe 'idiot' would be more appropriate embarrassed.gif I'm not to familiar with the background so assumed it was something I didn't know about. Thanks guys.
TinkerGnome
Heh, don't worry about it. The only dumb quesiton is the one you didn't ask which gets you in the rear later wink.gif
Shadow
Sent!
Number 6
You shoulda had mine a few minuites ago.
A Rodent of Unusual Size
If it's any consolation, Number 6, I was a little confused at the "Board Name" entry myself. smile.gif
TinkerGnome
Okay, I have:

Belfast -- RoUS -- Mage
Evans -- FXcalibur -- Street Sam/Medic
Hellcow -- Number 6 -- Face
Raven -- Shadow -- Gunbunny

Also, I am able to decipher the following from email:

Raven (heh, that'll be a fun meet) -- JaronK -- Weapons Expert

I've also had 2 PMed characters, which should be sent to my email if they want to play *cough* *hint*.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
I've also had 2 PMed characters, which should be sent to my email if they want to play *cough* *hint*.

Yeah yeah, I'm working on it...
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Slacker.
TinkerGnome
Heh, I missed you when I was looking, Ecc wink.gif I have gotten two full character sheets via PM. I've had two more express interest via PM.
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Upon second reading, is the new deadline for finished characters or just character concepts?
TinkerGnome
Character concepts. Finished characters are still due Tuesday morning. Or, rather, I'll put up the first post for people who have characters in then. If you've got Memorial day plans that will delay you, let me know along with your concept and I'll give you some extra time.
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Oh, whew, I was worried there for a minute. smile.gif

EDIT: Did you get a chance to read that second-to-last email I sent you this morning? Not trying to rush you, I'm just curious as it plays a big part about where I go from there with the rest of the character design. smile.gif
TinkerGnome
Response sent. As an aside, anyone who is taking initiation grades can take the Deed ordeal once for no real cost provided they write it up in their backstory.
JaronK
Oh bloody heck, there's two Ravens? Hmm... you know, I actually like that. My character wouldn't have too much of a problem changing his handle... as his backstory shows, he's done it before...

I think I gave you all the information in the first e-mail... was there anything missing? In case there is, Raven (the assassinish one) is mine.

JaronK
Shadow
Thanks Jaron, her name is important to who she is. It would suck to have to change it. But we could always both be 'Raven'. It would be tough in a firefight though.
Number 6
Heh, why does this remind me of Reservoir Dogs and "Mr Black" biggrin.gif
TinkerGnome
Reminds me more of the Shadowtalk about the name Nemesis. wink.gif
tisoz
E-mail sent. Kyra probably has more wilderness based skills, Ski just keeps on growing the more I think about him.
Joker9125
Things are getting pretty busy so you can just count me out for this one.
Chance359
Still got a spot? I should be done in a few hours.
Shadow
Hey Chance, you said ork... are you going to play Sedrick?
JaronK
Strongly tempted to have my character rename himself Shadow after the first meet, just to confuse the hell out of everyone...

Anyway, assuming I'm in the game, my character will still be going in as Raven, but he'll be fine with changing his name after he meets the other Raven. Names are just handles to him anyway, he has no problem switching.

JaronK
Chance359
More than likely, he's the character that never dies, maybe this time he'll make it through the run.
Beast of Revolutions
You could always be Mr. Brown. spin.gif
A Rodent of Unusual Size
Aww frell. Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
TinkerGnome
Not so bad since Mr. Pink survived. Well, he got shot, and captured, but he probably lived.
A Rodent of Unusual Size
That's because it's a well-established fact that Buscemi is a god.
TinkerGnome
Current list:

Belfast -- RoUS -- Mage
Evans -- FXcalibur -- Street Sam/Medic
Hellcow -- Number 6 -- Face
Raven -- Shadow -- Gunbunny
Raven -- JaronK -- Weapons Expert
Skeeter -- Tisoz -- Magician Adept
Swift Eagle -- Panzergiest -- Physical Adept
Thor -- Beast of Revolutions -- Rigger

Anyone else wanting a shot has about 12 hours. I'll let you in on a little secret, though...
[ Spoiler ]
Beast of Revolutions
I'm fairly certain that Pink got killed. When you kill cops, cops shoot to kill you.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012