Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlantis Found?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kamquat
After ages of lurking I found this link and couldn't resist coming into the light to post it here.

BBC

I suppose we have to wait until 2012 before we can start digging up orichalcum there.
Abstruse
Natural oricalchum doesn't pop up until the comet. Makes me wonder why the Atlantis Foundation is so busy in the Atlantic then...

The Abstruse One
Kanada Ten
The Foundation is also busy in the Ring of Fire. It is pretty clear from the books that the Atlantis Foundation simply uses Atlantis as a cover to divert any real public interest or rather suspicion. After all, the search for Atlantis is an ancient mystery...
Garland
And here I thought it was pretty clear from the books that the Atlantean Foundation was dedicated to painting the Theran Empire from Earthdawn in a very favorable light.
Ancient History
Not quite, else they'd not be searching still for Lemuria or Ultima Thule, much less those archealogical digs.
Garland
I bow to your vastly greater knowledge base, AH.

My main point, however, was that "Atlantis" is not just a blind for the Atlantean Foundation.

Although I really appreciated how the example episode of "Tales of Atlantis" has the "Atlanteans" mediating disputes between trolls and orks.
Ancient History
I believe you're quite correct. However, whoever and whatever is behind the Atlantean Foundation/Mystic Crusaders either has some rather large gaps in their knowledge or a more complete view of the picture than we do.
JongWK
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Not quite, else they'd not be searching still for Lemuria or Ultima Thule, much less those archealogical digs.

I need to read slower... I was wondering what the hell did Lemuria have to do with Uma Thurman. silly.gif
Siege
QUOTE (JongWK)
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 7 2004, 09:30 AM)

I need to read slower... I was wondering what the hell did Lemuria have to do with Uma Thurman. silly.gif

Ahh, Freud rears his ugly head once again. grinbig.gif

-Siege
JongWK
It gets worse. A minute after posting here I had seconds thoughts about Lemuria rhyming with "lujuria" (Spanish for lust). embarrassed.gif love.gif rotfl.gif
Panzergeist
A lot of stuff has been uncovered that people think might be Atlantis. There's a stone wall a few feet below the surface of the sea just offshore of a carribean island, which was made with great precision, which some people claim is part of atlantis. It's not made of metal however, and Plato said that each of Atlantis' walls was plated with a different metal.
Siege
QUOTE (Panzergeist)
A lot of stuff has been uncovered that people think might be Atlantis. There's a stone wall a few feet below the surface of the sea just offshore of a carribean island, which was made with great precision, which some people claim is part of atlantis. It's not made of metal however, and Plato said that each of Atlantis' walls was plated with a different metal.

Eh -- it keeps life interesting.

-Siege
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012