Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Ask for me Tomorrow...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BGMFH
Typing now.
Odd how running out of gas on the way home makes for very little travel before I actually go to work tonight.
Shadow
Sorry to hear about your fuel problems BG.

Well at the moment everyone has contacted me and let me know that they wil be done by friday. I am pleased about that. If you can't be that is okay.

I want everyone to know you are welcome to look me up on AIM, kelvaris. And ask me questions or just shoot the bull. I can't promise I will answer back right away but I am usualy on all day.

7:30AM ADT - 8:00PM ADT

I think ADT is -09:00 GMT.
crechebaby
friday? hah! I'm so way ahead of you...

<types furiously>
TinkerGnome
It's Friday! Friday! Friday!

I guess the big topic now is how are we all connected? Ideas I've had for Bunny:

Lowrider: Bunny probably met him through her friend Jimmy the thief. Bunny might have crashed at his garage from time to time and they might even have dated.

Scarecrow: They might know each other from the club scene. Maybe one of them helped the other with a fight involving three Trolls hopped up on Novacoke or something.

Umm... so that's it for direct links.
BGMFH
Well, Rex is everywhere... he's the local street kid, and a Psyche user since the crash...

So theres lots of ways for people to know Rex.
When you've lived on the block (literally, not in the block, on the block) for ten years, everyone should know Rex.
Shadow
So he lived on the block before the crash, and after the crash he just continued to live on the street?

Maybe he could work somewhere... how does he earn his money? Eat? Does he have a girlfriend? When does he hang out with the group?
Misfit Toy
TinkerGnome: All of those ideas sound good to me. His detailing shop (Don't Sweat the Details) often has a few people hanging around just to shoot the breeze. Works well all around.

How serious did you want the dating to be? Just a few times out to waste a Friday night, or something a little more serious that just kind of faded away, or a bit more rough-and-tumble affair?
TinkerGnome
Bunny's young and odd, so probably not very serious. I'd see her in something a lot less physical and more emotional, since she's got Issues with that.
BGMFH
Sorry.
Had a busy weekend, a few guards quit/disappeared on us.
Will have a sheet to Shadow soon, and a basic background as well.
Raiko
Sorry.
Had a busy weekend, a few guards quit/disappeared on us.
Will have a sheet to Shadow soon, and a basic background as well.

Same here (I always seem to be busier than I expected), I should be sending a (virtually) complete version of Slick tonight.

His detailing shop (Don't Sweat the Details) often has a few people hanging around just to shoot the breeze.

I was thinking that Slick could either do work on the side for your shop, or in the "backroom."

His electronics & electronics B/R could provide scanners & radar detectors for customers. He's also got Gunnery B/R, so he could fit those vehicle weapons that you don't deal with.

Lezzie Borden
Streetname: Scarecrow or Crow for short
Archetype: Razorgirl
Speciality: Kicking Ass
SIN: SINless, or at least that's what she leads people to think...
Race: Night One
Personality Profile: Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Team Skills: Does Hard Drinking count?
Lezzie Borden
On the surface, Crow's early life was perfect. Her father was a made-man in the Mafia, but neither Crow nor her mother knew that (they assumed he was a wage slave for one of the megacorps). Her mother dotted all over her, raising her to be the gold-winning gymnast she never managed to become, but behind closed doors her father was cruel, sick bastard who abused her in every conceivable way. Crow only knew the difference between her life and how family should be, by her close friendship with Merc, her best friend that she meet in Kindergarten or at gymnastics class. Crow considers Merc to be her only family, albeit a volatile one to the casual observer. They bicker and fight but Crow would probably die to protect Merc.

By the time she was thirteen, her father had forced her into performing in several twisted simflicks for the more perverted BTL abusers, and by sixteen they had forced her to perform in a snuff film under the guise of killing her mother, (they threatened to kill Merc if she didn't kill her mother. By then, maybe her mother was so drugged out because of her father's abuse of her, too, that Crow rationalized that she was doing her a favor). Naturally, this had a negative effect on Crow's psyche, and she became very self-defeating, running away into the barrens every time she got the chance. Her father was killed in some Yakuza retribution against the Mob which really should have impacted Crow a bit but by then, Crow didn't care. Her emotions were flat and her self destruction had evaporated under the haze of countless drugs, alcohol, and the bliss of BTLs.

Unfortunately, Dominic is a cold, calculating bastard who was the fixer that dealt in the BTLs her father made (using his nightclub to keep it looking legit in the books), saw her in his club one night and eventually blackmailed her into being his virtual slave. Seeing her self-destructive nature, he began to nurture it, eventually having her perform as his bodyguard and bouncer at the clubs. As the years rolled by, she became too much to control, and now he only calls on her when he absolutely needs her. While she won't kill him straight up until she can discover where the simchips of her childhood are located, Dominic knows that she is liable to snap and take him down at the slightest provocation -- the consequences be damned. In truth, Crow even owns a special rifle she keeps hidden in her apartment in anticipation of the day she will exact her revenge upon him, though he is wholly unaware of this ominous fact.

She continued to be self-destructive, but too resilient to find the death she so desperately sought, until one fateful encounter with a dwarven mechanic named Oz. When they first met, it was just a one-night stand that didn't mean much to either of them, and they never really saw each other again until the day of the crash. It was only then that their friendship really started to take off, and after learning about her habits, his fatherly instincts started to kick in and he wouldn't have any of it. Within a year, she was off the drugs and BTLs and trying to clean her life up. If not for the blackmailing of her, she'd likely be living a completely different life now, but the bastard with the snuff BTL of her holds too much power over her.
crechebaby
where have you been, evil woman?? <sniffs>

soooo.. we never figured out how Merc and Crow meet, cuz Merc's a street kid.. no gymnastics classes for her..

So far, I've linked up with Oz, Crow, and Rex...
anybody else have any ideas?
TinkerGnome
We don't all have to connect, what with the linked background. I don't have any interconnects on the clicky for Rex, but besides that, we have a loose web there.

Let me know if you have any holes to fill in on the sheet.
Shadow
I think were at a point where I am prepared to say, good enough.

If you do not have a specific encounter with another character that is okay. Bear in mind that you all are really good friends, and you treat eachother accordingly. I am not asking for much, just some good roelplaying.

As soon as I have everyone character, I think we can start. So if you haven't sent me your character, do so now.

Lezzie Borden
QUOTE (crechebaby @ Jun 22 2004, 04:09 AM)
where have you been, evil woman?? <sniffs>

I'm not evil. I'm big boned, dammit!!!!!
Shadow
Ok, I have everyone character except one....

*Best Galadriel voice* "You know of what I speak"
Shadow
The IC thread will be up today. Please do not post in it until I give the go ahead. I am going to start this game a little differently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012