Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JTNLANGE
Ok I asked this on the old board and never got a good answer. In the rules it states that you allocate dice to spell defense, which can be spell pool or sorcery dice. so that means that if I allocate 2 spell pool dice and 2 or say 6 sorcery dice that then leaves me with 4 dice for casting spells correct? Then when do those dice become available for casting again. I would assume that when the dice pool refresh and you reallocate those dice. That is how I have been playing it for years but wasn't sure that was right. Anyone who could shed light please, bring me into the light biggrin.gif

Trevor
Luke Hardison
Changing your allocation is a Free Action, so you can add or take away spell defense dice pretty frequently.

The pools refresh normally, at the beginning of a combat turn.

EDIT: I don't think you can add more spell pool dice to a sorcery test than you allocate sorcery dice. That's how it works in all other skills I can think of, anyway, and that's how I remember sorcery working. So if you have a skill of 6 and you allocate 6 sorcery dice to spell defense, you can't cast anything.
Mr.Platinum
is this for second or third edition rules?
JTNLANGE
3rd edition
BenLarkin
What about skill specializations?

Say I have a sorcerer with a 5 Sorcery skill and a 7 Spell Defense as a specialization of Sorcery. Does that mean I can allocate all 7 dice of my Spell Defense Specialization for Spell Defense and still have all 5 from my Sorcery available for spell casting?
BitBasher
No, it means you have 2 permanent dice allocated for defense more or less, and the other 5 to allocate how you see fit. It's not 2 separate skills, it's just a specialization of the base skill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012