Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Physad Smart Link
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RedSunOfKrypton
See topic and topic description.
Person 404
No. And there are fairly good arguments that there shouldn't be.
BitBasher
No such thing. Want a smartlink? Buy the cyberware.
RedSunOfKrypton
Is there anyone who ever thought of combining certain powers (improved firearms etc.) in order to simulate a smart link?
JaronK
Yes, and they usually get shot down with the arguement that the Street Sammies ought to get something only to themselves. Adepts get a lot. Through the sammies a bone!

JaronK
Misfit Toy
Knack: Enhance Aim 4 (2.0 Power Points or 1.0 Power Points if you take it as Caster Only). Acquire a sustaining focus 4 and cast until all four dice come up as successes.
Neon Tiger
How's about this:

-----Entering Copy&Paste Mode-----

Aimed Shot
Cost: 0.5 per point
Source: <gurth@xs4all.nl>
Author: Gurth

This ability reduces the modifier for aimed shots (p.89, SRII). Normally, this is a +4 modifier to the target number, but every point bought in Aimed Shot ability reduces this modifier by 1 point -- that is, a physical adept with level 3 Aimed Shot would only get a +1 modifier for an aimed shot. Aimed Shot cannot reduce the modifier below +0, so an adept with level 7 Aimed Shot only gets a +0 modifier, not -3. The adept must buy this ability for each skill he intends to use it with separately: an adept with Aimed Shot (Firearms) level 2 would get only a +2 modifier when attempting aimed shots with a pistol, but would have the full +4 when firing a bow, even when using Firearms skill to shoot the bow.

-----Exiting Copy&Paste Mode-----

That power is from the non-canon netbook Physical Adept's Handybook.
John Campbell
It's not like adepts can't get cyber. Smartlinks are cheap, both in Essence and nuyen, and there's a reason that geasa exist.

If you don't want to take the Essence hit for whatever reason, you can always get the friendly neighborhood mage to sustain/quicken/anchor Enhance Aim on you. Or go physmage and do it yourself. Getting it as a Knack is also a possibility, though not technically canon.
Smiley
Also, if you get a SL, you can fill up the rest of that 1 point of essence to get the maximum benefit out of your geas. Cybereyes, for example. Maybe some artwinkulation if you wanna go that far.
Liquid_Obsidian
SmL2 and cybereyes on an adept ... BUWAHAHAHAHAHA... not enought for me , gimme the "turn people into goo" spell instead...
Luke Hardison
QUOTE (Neon Tiger)
How's about this:

-----Entering Copy&Paste Mode-----

Aimed Shot
Cost: 0.5 per point
Source: <gurth@xs4all.nl>
Author: Gurth

This ability reduces the modifier for aimed shots (p.89, SRII). Normally, this is a +4 modifier to the target number, but every point bought in Aimed Shot ability reduces this modifier by 1 point -- that is, a physical adept with level 3 Aimed Shot would only get a +1 modifier for an aimed shot. Aimed Shot cannot reduce the modifier below +0, so an adept with level 7 Aimed Shot only gets a +0 modifier, not -3. The adept must buy this ability for each skill he intends to use it with separately: an adept with Aimed Shot (Firearms) level 2 would get only a +2 modifier when attempting aimed shots with a pistol, but would have the full +4 when firing a bow, even when using Firearms skill to shoot the bow.

-----Exiting Copy&Paste Mode-----

That power is from the non-canon netbook Physical Adept's Handybook.

I assume that every time this says "aimed shot" it means called shot, right? Because using aimed shots lowers target numbers.
Tyros
A physical adept with level 3 Aimed Shot would only get a +1 modifier for an aimed shot.

Oh HELL no. Last time I checked, a called shot stages the damage up by one category. I can just see some clown spending 2 points on this, three on reflexes, and one on an increased gun skill. And every combat would consist of that player calling headshots... talk about nasty.

I've had several power gamers attempt the 'ol "My adept is going to make up a power that duplicates smartgun" dupe. It's a total rehash on things already said, but being easy to heal magically is a huge bonus that seems to be easily overlooked. Let vatjobs have the crazy cyber, they pay for it when they want healing from their magician.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012