Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberware in YOU
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
El_Machinae
Okay, if you could have SR cyberware or bioware in you, these days - knowing the potential drawbacks related to life-span, health, and social acceptance - would you choose to have any augmentation? What would it be?

Imagine the modern day rush/advantage of wired reflexes and a reflex adjuster. I don't know how much I'd benefit personally.

I'm thinking I might go for some brain augmentation ... but I'd be a bit nervous about the decreased life-span and being sick all the time. Math SPU and cerebral booster? Maybe.
krishcane
Given that the technology was well understood and past the buggy beta phase, and that I had the money....

I'd get the datajack, for sure. That opens up a vast world that I'd want to be in on.

I'd think about Enhanced Articulation, especially as I got older and my joints got more achey. I'd love to be able to run more without worrying about my knees, for example.

Sleep Regulator for more time each day. That's a go.

OXSYS Cybergill, especially if it was not visible externally. I love SCUBA diving, and it would be all the better sans air tank. If the Cybergill was visible externally, I'd get an internal air tank.

Retractable Climbing Claws -- they double as low-grade weapons, but really I want them for climbing ice, trees, and cliffs.

As I got older and my eyes failed, I'd spring for a cyber model or a cloned replacement. I already got LASIK, so I'm not adverse to improvements in this area. LASIK rocks.

Possibly Symbiotes -- aren't those the healing bioware? But then, I think you needed to take blood thinners to prevent clotting, and in that case, forget it. But if there was a "heal more easily and quickly" option without being on lifelong drugs, I'd be into that.

--K
Ezra
Enhanced Articulation. Platelet factories. Bone Lacing. Muscle Augs. (Something light....no sense in looking like the Hulk in flesh body paint)

A concealed data-jack and a skill-wire with a nice selection of skill-softs would be awesome.

MrSandman666
Somethink light... brain mods...

Being the computer-freak that I am I'd definately get a data-jack. Maybe some head-mem and a display link as a retina-mod. And I would get my eyes fixed! (I hate to wear vision-aids)
I don't think, however, that I would replace any working part of my body by machinery. I would rather try to get it healed/fixed/repaired before replacing it. I might also get some bioware like the cerebral booster or something like that... I've always been longing for a sleep regulator, but I'd have to research on the long term effects of that.
El_Machinae
QUOTE (krishcane)
I already got LASIK, so I'm not adverse to improvements in this area. LASIK rocks.

I hear you. I used to have pretty thick, heavy glasses. The laser eye surgery really improved my life. Confidence and convenience really went up. Since then, I've been awfully pro-technology when it comes to human improvement. Sadly, there isn't much money going into those areas. Personally, I think Stem Cells will really open up our potential though.

... I forgot about the cyber eyes. Can you use cyber eyes and headware memory to record what you see, or do you need an eye cam? 'Cause the eye augmentation would be pretty useful.

Though I think the two standard deviation jump of intelligence (available from cerebral booster) would really make life easier.

A knowsoft link w/ knowsofts would be pretty handy ... but nothing from the future would be allowed (ie. "Sports history from 2000 to 2063" ala Back to the Future)
MrSandman666
You'd need an eye cam...

You mind if I ask you some questions about LASIK? I'm really interested in this!
How good was your sight after the operation? I've heard of people where their sight could not be restored to a full 100% and they still needed reading glasses and then I've heard of poeple whose sight was actually way too good. They couldn't use a computer any more because seeing all those sub-pixels drove them crazy.
How much did you pay for the operation?
Austere Emancipator
Datajack(s), Math SPU-3 (I suck at math, I wish I didn't), Reaction Enhancer-6 (I hate being slow), Muscle Toner-4, Muscle Aug-4, Cerebral Booster-2, Mnemonic Enhancer-3 (I have an extremely poor memory, I wish I could remember everything with crystal clarity, living in the past is so much more fun).

You can use Knowsoft chips with a Datajack, rite? If not, a Knowsoft link would be a must.
Zazen
I guess I'll chime in by saying that I find the idea of getting cut up and having foreign objects added to my body is too distasteful for me to try. None for me, thanks. smile.gif
Austere Emancipator
I find my body so distateful that any foreign object is an improvement, including things like knife blades and bullets.
Wish
I'd go for quite a bit. Eyes and ears. Synthcardium, enhanced articulation and bone lacing (plastic is fine) to cut down on injuries and illness. Cerebral booster, mnemonic enhancer, and sleep regulator. And clean metabolism.

If I could only pick just one, it would be a tough call between cerebral booster and sleep regulator.
krishcane
My answers on the LASIK topic:

I had one eye at 20/20 and the other at 20/200. That last is legally blind, I hear. It was atrociously bad. I didn't bother with glasses for it -- I just used my left (good) eye for everything.

The doctor was really excited when he examined me eyes, because how much improvement LASIK can offer depends on precisely what is wrong with your eyes -- there are a lot of different possibly ways that vision can be blurry. However, my eyes fell right in the "sweet spot" for this procedure -- maximum possible benefit.

Before the op, I wasn't sure if he was just selling me the package. Maybe he says that to everyone... I thought. On the other hand, you'll know pretty quickly what you got from it, so he'd be a fool to oversell the point.

He wasn't overselling. I only did one eye for cost and fear purposes -- the 20/200 one. I figured if they totally screwed it up, oh well. Besides, I was used to asymmetric eyes already. After the op, that eye was 20/15 -- better than normal!! Using both eyes (where you get some additional vision benefit from interpolation) I was at 20/10. It was outrageous.

Yes, it was almost too much. I was distracted for awhile by the outrageous detail of everything -- driving down the road, I could see every single leaf on every tree. I could see every feather on nearby birds, and the individual hair strands in people's hair. Some people got a lot uglier than way. I also had some visual strain -- the brain sort of overloads from all the data.

The brain compensates. Within 2 weeks, my vision drifted back down to a mere 20/20. The eyes stayed the same, but my visual processing in the brain just de-rezzed my visual experience until it was at a comfortable level. I'm hoping that in 20 years, when the eyes start to slip again due to biology, that my brain will use that margin, turn up the visual cortex again, and milk it for another 10 years or so without glasses. We'll see.

The only drawback, other than 48 hours of slight discomfort, was that I get a minor halo around lights at night -- such as oncoming headlights. Occasionally, I get a mild headache from that, usually if I'm already tired. On the other hand, before the op, all I had was a massive blurry zone of bright lights, so I'm disinclined to call "sharp vision with a halo" a real loss.

Oh, I paid US$999 for the one eye procedure. It was on special. smile.gif I think it's more like US$1500 per eye these days. But it's soooooo worth it compared to a car, a new stereo, a vacation.... that's all stuff you could drop $1500 or more on, and this is better than that. If you're living in abject poverty, it's probably not worth 6 months lifestyle, but that's mostly because why would you want to see your abject poverty better? wink.gif

--K
Spookymonster
Multi-slot chipjack, expert chipjack driver, and some skillwires. I'd have every programming reference manual on my bookshelf squeezed into a single chip, switch languages (human and computer) in the blink of an eye, use skills I wouldn't normally even consider taking the time to learn (Macarena-5, anyone? smile.gif), and improve my existing skill set via a virtual instructor.
Imagine being able to experience a concert by your favorite (dead) artist first-hand (so to speak) via Simsense. And then there's always that Calhot Asia Carerra chip that's been floating around lately.... yum.......wink.gif
And if I ever got bored being me, I'd just slip in a p-mod for the night.
Cray74
QUOTE (El_Machinae)
Okay, if you could have SR cyberware or bioware in you, these days - knowing the potential drawbacks related to life-span, health, and social acceptance - would you choose to have any augmentation?  What would it be?

Imagine the modern day rush/advantage of wired reflexes and a reflex adjuster.  I don't know how much I'd benefit personally.

I'm thinking I might go for some brain augmentation ... but I'd be a bit nervous about the decreased life-span and being sick all the time.  Math SPU and cerebral booster?  Maybe.

Gee...what would I get? What budget would I have?

Well, my no-$-limit wish list is:

*Induction Data Jack with ASIST interface, assuming it's fairly compatible with computers today.
*Math SPU 3. It can't hurt to do better at math in an engineering firm.
*Some headware memory, maybe 125Mp of beta grade stuff. Run some PDA/pocket secretary software, some modeling software, etc.
*2-slot Chipjack (compact flash cards?), hidden under my hair. Watch those MPEG movies and listen to MP3s without the bother of headphones and 3" screens.
*Internal GPS. I've seen an integrated PDA-GPS do some fun things with GPS raw data.
*Image Link - to better watch movies off chips.
*Optical Magnification 1, beta or delta. Just a little jelly lense inserted in the eye to permanently be rid of contacts.
*Dampener, for the next time I'm dragged to a concert.

*Sleep Regulator. I know a real insomniac so my occassional problems hardly compare, but I'd like to be able to get by on 4 hours of sleep nightly, too. I could use another 4 hours of free time a day - I log off EQ far too early.
*Symbiotes 3. Not only an excuse to snack constantly and work off that incipent spare tire, but a healing improvement, too.
*Nictating Membranes. A self-healing flare compensation and dust guard for my cybered up eyes.
*Enhanced Articulation. I've always had about as much flex as a steel I-beam.
*Nephritic Screen and Pathogenic Defense - new diseases are popping up too often.
*Synthicardium 1. Too much heart disease in my family, and I hope those symbiotes also clean up arteries.
*Mnemonic Enhancer 3. To better learn from my mistakes.
*Cerebral Booster 1 or 2. Sure, why not?
*Cultured Pheromones 1. Yes, I am sad enough to need the help.

*Calcitonin. Tough bones sound good.
*Angiotensin. Cut down on that bleeding when a coworker expresses his displeasure at downsizing with flying lead.
*Erythropoietin. The oxygen booster genetech. Any excuse to work on that athleticism.

Options:
*Orientation Link. Pricey, too pricey IMO for its job, but fun in combo with spatial recognizers and GPS systems.
*Spatial Recognizer. Just to work on my "Daredevil" skillz.
*Balance Augmenter. De-clutz this nerd.
*Thermosense Organs. Again, to better beat Daredevil at his own game.

I'd skip on phones and implant radios. Wireless is developing too rapidly these days.

Of course, that's the expensive wish list. I could cut down on all that quite a bit. Down to just the Math SPU and sleep regulator, mebbe.

QUOTE (Krishkane)
Yes, it was almost too much. I was distracted for awhile by the outrageous detail of everything -- driving down the road, I could see every single leaf on every tree. I could see every feather on nearby birds, and the individual hair strands in people's hair. Some people got a lot uglier than way. I also had some visual strain -- the brain sort of overloads from all the data.

The brain compensates. Within 2 weeks, my vision drifted back down to a mere 20/20.

I do that same thing every time I get a new contact/eyeglasses perscription. "Ooo, ahh, the detail! The detail!" Two weeks later: "Dammit, all fuzzy again."
Buzzed
Id get cybereyes, a datajack, display link, and headware memory. Who wouldnt want a computer display in your head. Makes taikng tests a breeze.
Buzzed
On the other hand, I would think about geting an obvious cyberskull with red glowing cybereyes to answer the door for trick-or-treaters.
lodestar
VCR 3, image link and induction datajack. To fly like I am the plane would be an ultimate rush. Of course I'd need to get a hold of some black boxes too...
Connor
My #1 choice would be the sleep regulator, followed by enhanced articulation. Everything else would just be icing on the cake.
Herald of Verjigorm
Force 6 dikoted datajack power focus.
The Synthcat
Math SPU 3. Given that I'm majoring in math, that's a no-brainer...

A sleep regulator would be nice for the extra hours of sleep, and I wouldn't say no to an encephalon or cerebral booster...

And cybereyes, to get that 20/20 vision without glasses.
Sphynx
Cybereyes with Flare Comp (I hate the glare of the Sun).
Datajack and ImageLink in the cybereye.
LowLight vision (give me a reason to stay in the dark)

Clean Metabolism (no gas or smelly armpits? Heheheh....)
Dietware (I hate starving myself to look good, be nice not to have to work out after every other meal)
Scent Glands (Always smell like you just came out of a shower)

Math SPU-3, I always have my calculator open cause I'm always programming..... Not for decking.

Sphynx
hobgoblin
cybereyes with lowlight and flare comp., datajack, probably some lowlevel muscle stuff, maybe retractable razorsjust for that dont fuck with me statement. maybe headphone, radio, memory and knowsoft link. hell toss in display and image link and a sound filter:) if i pick up aliens on my head then shit happens. hmm, symbiotes and/or nano symbiotes and maybe plastic or kevlar bonelaceing. oh and dont forget the air or blood filter:) (last one is perfect for those hard night on town). hmm i wonder how low an essence i would have after this. oops, forgot about the dampener on the ears, hell maybe i should go cyberears to...
satcong
Anything that allowed me to smoke and drink more without the pay-back of cancer or sclerosis of the liver (not to mention hangovers)... smile.gif
Drain Brain
Eye lights to scare the crapola outta my other half's mates (who she insists on "having over" to stay in our front room).

Also, I'd like to point out the need for someone to quickly invent X-Ray cybereyes, so I can say "X-Ray cybereyes, please!" so I can check out all the hotties...

Oh no, I'm not a perv... really...

Aaaaaanyway - as an actor, I gotta say, mnemonic enhancer (for the dialogue/moves), anything that enhances charisma, and maybe a knowsoft for some language chips...

Digital Heroin
I'm gonna have to say Move-by-Wire... I mean come on... think about how slick it'd be... just the pure rush of being a liquid smooth speek jockey'd be killer...

Now being that I'm a (still awaiting training) Naval Communicator, I'd probably go with a Datajack for working purposes, and headware memory...
sidekick
Datajack (x3..temple, temple, base of skull)
100 MP of Headmem
Image Link
Opticam
Ear Rcorder
Transducer

No enhanced senses, no super physical abilites, just some simple things that allow me to watch movies while walking around, and talk on the phone without speaking outloud (i am really paranoid about people over hearing me).

I probably wouldn't go for bioware, but if I did, I would get Clean Metabolism and Dietware to improve the whole appearance and what not.

If I was really pushing it... I would probably go for a pain editor since I get really bad migraines.

These are what I would get if I was going to get everything...the idea of this stuff malfunctioning is kinda scary.
Alric Flaim
Jeez....my list is pretty big.

DataJack (Hey I'm a computer geek)
100 mp headware memory (more geekyness)
Image link (mmmm see the geekyness)
Math SPU (I'd love to do math that fast)

Bioware too!

Enhanced articulation (my knees are shot)
Diet ware (I love food, hate dieting)
Symbiotes (same reason)
Trauma Dampner (My one exercise involves being hit with sticks)

Yup, that's what I'd get.
Warmaster Lah
As expected Headmem and the datajack are the most popular. As they should be, since they provide benefits in many job professions, Doctors for example. I expect that many in shadowrun would have a little cyber.

The usual would be cool for me, and would provide an instant boost to what I could do as an engineer.

Probably Headware mem.
Datajack (More for rec. use really)
Imagelink
Enhanced Articulation (mechanics and typing)
Sleep Regulator (I sleep about four hours a day now anyway. I'd be good to get all the rest I need.)
Pathogenic Defense

-For Fun
Digestive Expansion (I'm always eating varying degress of wierd stuff, It would be good to add to the list.)
Toxin Extractor (^_^)
Nephritic Screen
Scent Glands ( I'd like maybe cherry flavored sweat)
Horn Implants ( If I was some punk on the street. Those reverse sloped horns are attractive)
Maybe a shockhand or Chemical Gland
John Campbell
Datajack and image link. That's it.

Then I'd get all the other fun toys in external versions and run them DNI through the datajack.

My desire to keep the parts I was born with aside, there's definitely something to be said for not having to go under the knife in order to upgrade.

QUOTE (Alric Flaim)
Enhanced articulation (my knees are shot)
Diet ware (I love food, hate dieting)
Symbiotes (same reason)
Trauma Dampner (My one exercise involves being hit with sticks)

Hmm... shot knees... getting hit with sticks... SCA heavy fighter?
Alric Flaim
Yeah, SCA heavy fighter, just not of late. School (again) N' lack of funds has kept me outta armour...for now.
El_Machinae
Strangely, some people don't seem to mind the consequences of having visible cyber-ware. That seems pretty strange, because it would really set you out as a freak.

As well, some people really took a lot of bioware. Aren't you aware that getting bioware increases the number of times you get sick? (since it increases the chance of disease). I don't know if I'd want to be sick all the time, just for really smoking muscles.

You notice that some people like the augmented physical abilities, but a lot of people like the augmented mental abilities?

I'm more of a mental ability person, myself.

Though, you COULD get a tricked out cyberarm, and then sell it! Heh. On today's market, it would be worth an absolute fortune! Would you lose an arm (temporarily) for billions of dollars? Yeah, me too.
BGMFH
Synthetic cyberforearm
-internal SMG w/clip port
-internal gyro mount

Headware router
-Datajack
--Headmem
--Retina Mod Image link
-Orientation system
-Spatial Recognizer
-Internal Transducer

Wired 2 w/Step Trigger

Refillable Autoinjector with selections of Jazz and Kamakaze and Nitro hooked to DNI control.

Oh, and some Bonelacing, Strength augmentation, and symbiotes wouldnt hurt, I am going into the Marines to be a Machine gunner.
Spookymonster
QUOTE (BGMFH)
Synthetic cyberforearm
-internal SMG w/clip port
-internal gyro mount

I am going into the Marines to be a Machine gunner.

Or a mail clerk in the USPS. Best not to limit your options. You're still young.
snowRaven
Like most others here, i would want enhanced articulation (cloned, of course), an INDUCTION datajack and headware memory, skillwires at a decent level, some cosmetic bioware (won't go into exactly what...that'd reveal too much about me grinbig.gif), mnemonic enhancer, low grade muscle replacements and maybe a vehicle control rig 1. Now...if I could just get all that in deltaware grinbig.gif

But...thinking seriously... I'd be wary of anything connected directly to the brain. I'm not all that comfortable with someone poking in there...

So, practically, the enhanced articulation would be a godsend, and I wouldn't mind a guardian angel biomonitor coupled with a nano-symbiotes system. Add a trauma damper to that, plus aforementioned cosmetic bioware and some phenotypic alteration. Then eventually some age rejuvenation treatment and maintenance sessions. Oh, and retinal lowlight vision and flare compensation. And I would want the now non-existant(?) version of muscle replacement they had in the Tir na nOg sourcebook. upsidedown.gif
Phylos Fett
Enhanced Articulation (my knees are really stuffed)
Muscle Toner 4 (I want to be really quick)
Datajack (Why not?)

Maybe an area-Cortex Bomb, linked to a Biomonitor - When I die, I wanna go out with a bang! biggrin.gif grinbig.gif
MrSandman666
Thanks for the Info, krishcane! I'm really looking forward to whenever I'll be able to afford LASIK. It must be such a great feeling to wake up in the morning and being able to read the time on the alarm clock standing next to your bed... (right now everything further away than about 20 centimeters vanishes in a blur...)

Unfortunately though, I need the operation for both eyes, as they are equally bad.
Fygg Nuuton
sleep regulator for my terrible sleeping problems

enhanced articulation to fix all the problems with my joints

balance augmentor because im not the most graceful person

if i could afford it, low level MBW

i would get a cyber forearm, to keep computer memory and other goodies

SKILLWIRES! and all they can get, i'd rather learn knowledge, but i want to woop booty with minimum training, also, im a terrible driver

also all the sense mods i could think of

titanium bonelacing, spurs, smartlink, muscle augmentation at high levels!

wee! i actually have no problem becoming half machine
El_Machinae
QUOTE (MrSandman666)
It must be such a great feeling to wake up in the morning and being able to read the time on the alarm clock standing next to your bed... (right now everything further away than about 20 centimeters vanishes in a blur...)

I found that being able to see my feet in the shower was pretty neat, too.

But let me tell you, it's awfully scary. I don't know if you've able played the Storyteller games, but in that system you can "burn" willpower.

Don't get me wrong, the discomfort is never serious. No worse than a pinch at any time.

But I really had to psyche myself up to go. And when I was done, I felt "burnt". When they said they'd could bring me in in two weeks to do some touch-up, I couldn't face it.
Ghostly Enigma
Umm lets see datajack, headmem 100mp(Dictionary and other cross referencing software), imiage link, tranceduser, head Radio, cybereyes (imag mag 3, IR, Low light, utrasound, Micro 3), forarm replasement( cyber deck, GPS, 1GP mem), oritation system, and a Balance aug with balianceing Tail just for the hell of it. spin.gif
Phylos Fett
I know it's not in SR, but I think an increased bladder would be an option I would take. The number of times I've been drinking at a pub, and had to go to the toilet over and over again is ridiculous...
MrSandman666
@krishcane:
What do you mean, it's scary? eing able to see? And what about the discomfort? Is that due to the operation and the healing process and therefore fades away after time? Could you please elaborate? Thanks.
The_Sarge
Umm... You mean 'El_Machinae', quiaff? wink.gif
El_Machinae
QUOTE (The_Sarge)
Umm... You mean 'El_Machinae', quiaff? ;)

Aff!

(remember, I cannot speak with contractions)

I do not know about you, but I am awfully sensitive about my eyes. Being nearly blind, I was always a bit nervous about getting them injured.

The whole laser-eye process is a little scarey, when you talk about it. If you discuss the procedure with someone, I am sure they will wince at the thought of it.

Well, when you are strapped to the chair and they start pulling out their new fangled lasers, razors, and vacuums, it is a little scarey. At that point, I needed to "burn willpower" to not back out.

Do not get me wrong, the process does not hurt barely at all. A little sure, but a trip to the dentist is at least 15x more painful.

The scariest point was two days later. I could see, but things were still awfully fuzzy. However, the doctor told me that I was legal to drive. And I thought to myself ...

"There are people out there who can only see this well for driving?"

THAT I found the scariest!

After a few more days, the fuzzyness went away. Now my left eye is -0.25 and my right eye is fine. I have a slight blur at distances, but nothing serious. Personally, I found that night-time glare went down, but I do get some ghosting of images.

It is now about 5 years since my surgery. I am starting to wonder if my vision is deteriorating again, it might be. I might get glasses for driving, but they will be MUCH thinner than my old pair.
MrSandman666
QUOTE (The_Sarge)
Umm... You mean 'El_Machinae', quiaff? wink.gif

Uhmmm... ups... Should read the posts a bit more thoroughly I gues... embarrassed.gif
Mongoose
There's some reasoable priced "athletic enhancement" stuff nobody has mentioned. I'd love the "extended volume" breathing enhancement. Unfortunatley, I've already got some nasty "stress points" on my cardio system, which would make "synthacardium" a no go unless the replace all the associated plumbing as well as beefing up the pump. Hell, such theraputinc repair / augmentation (especially if possible without open heart surgery) would maybe save (and greatly improve) my life some day.

Balance augmentation would be fun as well.

Why bother with these fairly mundane things? Despite my health condition, my favorite athletic hobby is extreme mountain biking, and bicycling in general. You can never be to fast, to fit, or to agile.

Then again, competative cycling tends to view "enhancement" as a mortal sin, and I doubt other recreational riders would be amuzed at some vat-job blasting by them on the road / trails.

Most other stuff I'd prefer a wearable version, I think, or would have no real use for.
Abstruse
Datajack
Multislot Chipjack
Headware memory
Low light vision retinal mod
Image link retinal mod
Suprathyroid Gland
Cerebral Booster
Mneumonic Enhancer
Enhanced Articulation
Sleep Regulator
Balance Augmenter
Ears with filter and recorder
Encephalon
Math SPU
Dietware
Age Rejuvination ready for me when I reach my 40s

I'm not a confrontational person nor am I particularly violent, so I have no real need for anything combat related. All the headware is pretty much because I'm a writer, therefore being able to quickly process ideas and store information would be incredibly helpful. And being able to multitask your thinking would really speed along editing and re-writing. Enhanced articulation and balance augmenter are because I'm a friggin' clutz nyahnyah.gif The ears are so I can go to a concert and record what I hear, record negotiations or conversations to use them later, etc. Plus I can use the filter to not have to listen to stupid people. The Suprathyroid is because I have a slow metabolism as well as the dietware. The age rejuvination is pretty obvious -- who wants to get old?

And honestly, I don't give a good god damn who knows I have cyber. I'm already a freak as it is. Now I'll just be a freak they'll leave alone because I have something metal sticking out of my skull. Plus I'll have linguasofts so I can insult them in 4 different languages simultaniously nyahnyah.gif

The Abstruse One
Drain Brain
Abstruse Wrote:
I'm not a confrontational person nor am I particularly violent, so I have no real need for anything combat related.

You're quite right, and the same goes for me, but the temptation is definately there for me - Ret. razors on the right hand and ret. hand blade on the left.

Never be without cutlery again...

Hmm.... food... spin.gif
Siege
The whole "permanent stress" factor of bioware would probably turn me off.

However, the protein upgrades from SotA have a lot of appeal.

Provided of course I could muster the 60k per operation.

And, of course, boosted reflexes. Why? I dunno...it has a certain fundamental appeal.

-Siege
Hot Wheels
Probably low light vision and optical enhancments for "zoom"
and a chip jack, so i could just slot lingua discs and speak any language I wanted.
hobgoblin
alltho in a very flat way hot wheels. you will get your message tru but dont try to read poetry smile.gif
Kagetenshi
Cyberware: Math SPU 3, Datajack, Transducer, Hearing Amplification, Dampening, High Frequency Mod, Low Frequency Mod, Select Sound Filter-5, Spatial Recognizer, Balance Augmenter, Flare Compensation, Electronic Eyemag 3, Display Link, Microscopic Vision, Retinal Clock, Ultrasound, Jolt Alert (never oversleep again!).

Bioware: Enhanced Articulation, Muscle Toner-4, Muscle Augmentation-2, Mnemonic Enhancement-3, Sleep Regulator, Synaptic Accelerator-2.

Yes, I like to load up.

~J

[edit]And if you notice, only the datajack is visible (I'd get it in the base of my skull, probably). As for bioware, I'm probably relatively unlikely to do anything that involves getting stress points, and you don't get sick that hugely much more. Then again, I can't really say if it's worth it, as no one has had any experience with this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012