Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FanPro Updates
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Synner
Those of you looking for information on the next couple of releases, FanPro has uploaded the intros to the two books which should be hitting the shelves in the next month or so, namely SOTA64 and Mr Johnson's Little Black Book. Both are loaded with goodies for almost everyone including a lot of stuff that people have been asking for recently.

(Sorry Adam probably should have waited for you to post)
Nath
The third SR Missions' adventure is also on. Too bad the site is down.
RangerJoe
I like the creative use of white space.
CloneAdam
QUOTE (RangerJoe)
I like the creative use of white space.

I assume you're referring to the page not loading, or...?

The german guys were migrating the site from one server to another sometime this week. I guess sometime this week is "now."
RangerJoe
Aye. Working fine, now, and looks good.

the latest on the maneuverings surrounding the 2072 Olympics.

2072? Man, the 2060s I can deal with but the 2070s just sound like the future. smile.gif
Jason Farlander
Wow... just, wow. I needs these bookses. I needs them now, precious.
The Question Man
Thanks for the heads up Synner. Will we be seeing more Shadowland reports with your name attached.

Cheers

QM
Lindt
Glad I have a book budget... cause its about to go out the window again... JBB looks like another book, with the SSG that I should have players read parts of before they play...
Lucyfersam
When you say hitting the shelves in the next month or so, do you by any chance mean at Gencon? I've heard the "we hope to have these books out by Gencon" a few times, but as Gencon draws close, no official word that either of them will be there...
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (Lucyfersam)
When you say hitting the shelves in the next month or so, do you by any chance mean at Gencon?

From srrpg.com

The Daily Buzz: August 10th, 2004
Introductions for two upcoming books are now available:

State of the Art: 2064 Introduction
Mr Johnson's Little Black Book Introduction
These two books will be available at GenCon - August 19th-22nd in Indianapolis, Indiana - and will be in stores in September!

smile.gif
Lucyfersam
Teach me for just following the links to the headings and not looking at the main page ;-}
mfb
heh. Behind the Badge covers prison campaigns--i expect to see conversion rates for nuyen to cigarette packs and chocolate milks, or i will be sorely disappointed !!
FlakJacket
Wonder what the going rate for a man-whore is inside? Paul! Get in here! smile.gif
Synner
Lindt - Clarification, while MrJLBB contains loads of material for everyone, it is for the most part directed at GMs. For example, the Anatomy of a Shadowrun section "guides the gamemaster through the standard process of hiring the runners to commit a crime, step-by-step."

Question Man - If you mean more material in these books then the answer is yes. I'm co-writer on a couple of SOTA64 chapters (one should be obvious, the other not so).
Dashifen
[MrJLBB] wraps up with rules and advice for quickly resolving decking runs and vehicle combat so that they are faster and less complicated.

*drool*
Austere Emancipator
Dashifen: I bet that's just hype. Ain't no way that's actually gonna happen.
Adam
Well, it's fact that the book contains them; whether you think they're good or not is another thing entirely.
Ecclesiastes
Spies, Adepts, and Police! Oh My!
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Adam)
Well, it's fact that the book contains them

I don't believe you! *Lalala*
Pistons
... right. The whole book is nothing but hype. I did a lot of editing on nothing. ohplease.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
He's just trying to justify not giving you money.
Austere Emancipator
Oh I'll definitely buy it. But, seriously, you've got to admit that "fast and simple" rules for covering decking and rigging is promising a lot. I just didn't want to get my hopes up in case that bit had just Slipped In There. Though I guess if someone who's edited it says it's there, it's probably there.
PiXeL01
Man it gets harder and harder to catch up on book purchases frown.gif Everytime I think I have a chance new stuff pops up.
Still the two books look very promising ... Guess I should get these two before I buy more adventures hehe
Eugene
Just wanted to pop in and say that Shadowrun is really hitting its stride with recent releases. I can't think of a single book I haven't liked, and these next two look great too! Keep up the good work, everybody!
krishcane
I have to contribute my own bit of enthusiasm.... these two books rock, and they were produced relatively quickly. This stuff will revitalize SR for me -- a slew of new Adept powers and metamagic always spices things up, spy gear is something my players have been painfully inventing for years, and Mr. J's Black Book.... well, I'm already brewing on the spin-offs and rule extensions I can submit to TSS. What fun!! I haven't been this excited about SR for many years.

--K
Lindt
I cant wait, Ill have my grubby hands on these suckers in under a week... oh the waiting is killing me! Oh wait, thats the work I havent finished for the games Im running in 7 days... dammit...
Skeptical Clown
How exactly are people getting or reviewing these books if they're not released yet...?
mfb
er, who's doing any getting or reviewing?
Synner
QUOTE (Skeptical Clown)
How exactly are people getting or reviewing these books if they're not released yet...?

They aren't. They're just excited at the prospect of getting the books, because they liked the way the recent releases have been going and the way these look to add to the line exactly the content players have been demanding for the past couple of years. This kind of enthusiasm in the direction SR production is going is exactly the type of thing I've been trying to get across in our recent discussions. If people didn't like the way SR was going, you wouldn't be seeing this - then again, you'll probably argue that forum voices aren't representative.

For those of you complaining about the recent landslide of releases - you should be warned there are at least a couple more books coming down the pipe this year and more planned to follow.
Skeptical Clown
Lindt basically said "I'm getting these in a week." I guess that means GenCon, although are both coming out in a week? And Krishcane said "These two books rock... this stuff will revitalize Shadowrun for me." I mean, how do you know that if it's not out? It's a simple question.

And geeze Synner, calm down.
Lindt
They are going to be at GenCon. Im going, hence Ill have my hands on them. Maybe Ill even have my fanboy moment and get one of them signed.
The reviewing is done mostly by our freelancers, aka the kickass girls and guys who write them. Everyone wave HI to Adam and Pistons and Dvixen and friends.
Adam
I think Skeptical Clown is saying reviewing in the sense of "Taking a critical look at the book and reporting" while Lindt means "Editing/proofing" - I certainly haven't said word one about the content of either book, except from a factual sense.

Both books should hit GenCon, barrying a major printer screw-up.
FlakJacket
So fifty-fifty chance then? wink.gif
Synner
Sorry, that did come out rather nastier than I intended (must be feeling defensive for some reason) but I assumed you followed the thread from the start and had checked the links posted...

Lindt basically said "I'm getting these in a week."  I guess that means GenCon, although are both coming out in a week?

As Skarn Ka has already quoted in the previous page, the answer is at the top of the official FanPro Shadowrun site... though as Adam has warned major printer screwups have been known to happen.

And Krishcane said "These two books rock... this stuff will revitalize Shadowrun for me."  I mean, how do you know that if it's not out?  It's a simple question.

Krishcane was only referring to the contents of the two books as described in the detailed Developer's Introductions of said books in my original links: SOTA64's Introduction & MrJLBB's Introduction.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Synner)
Those of you looking for information on the next couple of releases, FanPro has uploaded the intros to the two books which should be hitting the shelves in the next month or so, namely SOTA64 and Mr Johnson's Little Black Book. Both are loaded with goodies for almost everyone including a lot of stuff that people have been asking for recently.

My only problem with both of these coming out at the same time is that it will be difficult to give these books the attention they deserve in the reading (and reviewing) process. Well, with my SoE review almost done, I have a better concept of how to make it happen. <crosses fingers>
snowRaven
Synner, you were correct!

I am now a very happy gamer (and will be even happier once I actually have those books!)

I must say I am very pleased with the upcoming (as well as the recent) SR material. Books like SSG, SOTA63 and '64, MrJLBB and Dot6W fill a need that has been left very much unattended for a very long time. Add the 'Shadows of' books and the 'Missions' campaign and I dare say that Shadowrun is now better than it's ever been.

A big Thank You to all those who have been, and are, working so hard! notworthy.gif
Dashifen
The Path of the Adept delves into the philosophy and mindsets of the various adept ways, expanding upon the information given in Magic in the Shadows (and the out of print second-edition sourcebook Awakenings). A slew of new adept powers and metamagic techniques are included, broadening the range of abilities available, especially for social adepts.

*drools again*
Skeptical Clown
I did, in fact, follow the links... neither of them had release date information. Hence, my question, since people seemed to be talking as if they had access to them immediately. As I'm not going to GenCon, I forgot it was next week. smile.gif
Abstruse
You people are EVIL...EVIL I tell you...$30 this week, $40 next month, probably another $40-60 before the year's out...shall I sign over my first born while I'm at it? nyahnyah.gif

BTW, you guys know if we were mad about Shadowrun books coming out, we wouldn't be on these forums let alone buying the books in the first place...my wallet's just feeling far too light these days.

The Abstruse One
JongWK
There's a reason as to why you have a second kidney, Abstruse. wink.gif
Dashifen
QUOTE (JongWK)

rotfl.gif
Synner
Social adepts are not all that are covered either...
Paul
Huh?

Oh yeah 5 dollah I make you hollah. 10 dollah I make yo' neighbor hollah. 20 bucks and I make Cheesey Potatoes. smile.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (JongWK)

I would, but I've been to DrinkCon too often. biggrin.gif
SirBedevere
Curse you Americans! You can get your new Shadowrun books at Gen Con and us Brits have to wait until SEPTEMBER!!! mad.gif

I hate George Washington. If he'd have lost Gen Con would be here!

I look forward to getting these books WHEN they are available. Keep up the good work guys. notworthy.gif
Jon Szeto
MJLBB came in to Indy late last night. Looks pretty sweet. I got a real hoot looking at the knowledge skills for the various contacts: Golf 6 for the Elite Black Clinic Cybersurgeon, Anime 5 for the Corp Decker, oh, and Roleplaying Games 3 for the DocWagon paramedic! biggrin.gif

SOTA: 2064 probably won't come in until Saturday, from what I've heard. Rob is not happy with the printers right now.
Pthgar
Ahhhhh! You are a cruel, cruel man! I don't want to hear about it! Tell me everything! Ahhhh!
Adam
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
Oh I'll definitely buy it. But, seriously, you've got to admit that "fast and simple" rules for covering decking and rigging is promising a lot. I just didn't want to get my hopes up in case that bit had just Slipped In There. Though I guess if someone who's edited it says it's there, it's probably there.

You can believe me now. They're in it.
Dashifen
So, if I buy a car to drive to Indy and then try to return the car when I get back ... do you think they'd go for it?
Jason Farlander
QUOTE (Dashifen)
So, if I buy a car to drive to Indy and then try to return the car when I get back ... do you think they'd go for it?

Probably not... but if you drive *really* fast you might be able to get away with taking a car for a "test drive".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012