Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyb erware malfunction rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mattness pl
Hallo, everyone.
I'm still using SR IIed. In Cybertechnology there's something about malfunction of implants. But those rules dooesn't fit my style of GMing. Cyberware looks too perfect to me. Minor chance of malfunction. As I remember implants can be broken only in combat. Does anybody saw in the web some hard core:D rules about cyberware. Maybe you could drop me some house rules? Thanks, MATT
mfb
the best way i can think of to handle that is to simply start every piece of cyberware off with a point or two of stress.
mattness pl
QUOTE (mfb)
the best way i can think of to handle that is to simply start every piece of cyberware off with a point or two of stress.

stress? I don't remember that term frown.gif Could you explain, please
Dashifen
QUOTE (mattness pl)
QUOTE (mfb @ Aug 18 2004, 11:13 PM)

stress? I don't remember that term frown.gif Could you explain, please

The rules for cyberware stress are, I believe, a SR3 phenomenon. The rules for it are in M&M. It's basically damage to the cyber- or bioware that needs to be repaired or healed respectively. You can also have stress points added to attributes to represent muscles tearing or other problems.
mattness pl
As I remember In 2nd edition some wares was immune to the any damage(for example: dermal plating). Is there any exception from the stress rule?
mattness pl
Healing of bioware was mentioned in Biotech Ist ed. Repairing cyberware in SSC 2050. I know and uses this rules already(but i don't have too many occasions;-) ).
As I remember In 2nd edition some wares was immune to the any damage(for example: dermal plating). Is there any exception from the stress rule? And how it works. Do Street sams PC do not know when and where bio/cyber collapse? What about symptoms of implant overstress(In Cybertechnology Wired Reflexes were mentioned. )

EDIT: Sorry for double posts. Lags.
Backgammon
Buy Man and Machine.
Dashifen
I don't think their are any exceptions to the stress rules. I agree with Backgammon: damage, stress, and healing them is a whole chapter in M&M. If you're really interested in the SR3 rules, then pick up the book.
mattness pl
Okey. I will check M&M. Sorry for trouble. Thanks for answers, everyone.
Dashifen
no problem -- that's what we're here for. Hope you enjoy the book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012