Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grenade Availabilty
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Scarecrow237
Looking at the Explosive's chart in the BBB page 283, I noticed that Offensive and Defensive Grenades don't list an availability score. Both say only "4 days". I haven't been able to find anything in the text to give me a hint as to what that score should be. I've also checked the errata at the Official web page and they have no correction to this. What am I missing?
Luke Hardison
That is truly odd. There's no correction to it in the Canon Companion master chart, the availability listing there is '4 days' also. I wish I knew what to tell you ...
TheScamp
Nothing in the errata about it, either. I'd give them at least availablilty 6, considering IR smoke and Concussion are 4 and 5, respectively.
Luke Hardison
QUOTE (TheScamp)
Nothing in the errata about it, either. I'd give them at least availablilty 6, considering IR smoke and Concussion are 4 and 5, respectively.

If I was going to set one, I'd call it 4. I would think the simplest of simple hand grenades would be more prevalent and easier to find that the specialty stuff like IR smoke and Concussion. There's simply a lot more that really go boom.
Ol' Scratch
You're not missing anything. It's a genuine bit of errata.

Looking at the Availabilities of the IPE versions of Offensive, Defensive, and Concussion grenades suggests the Availability should be 5/4 days, however.
Luke Hardison
I got a reply from ShadowFaq today.

QUOTE (ShadowFaq)

Thanks for point out the missing availability numbers. These numbers are also missing in the Equipment Table in Man & Machine.

The correct availability codes for standard Offensive and Defensive Grenades is "4/4 days", the same as it was in second edition Shadowrun.

Signed,
ShadowFaq

I know everyone was waiting with 'bated breath for the thrilling conclusion ... wink.gif

Of all the things I thought to check, my old 2E sourcebook was not one of them.
Kayne
The world would be a scary place indeed, if grenades were that easy to find.
Luke Hardison
QUOTE (Kayne)

On the other hand, if grenades were only slightly more lethal than your average heavy pistol, it wouldn't be so bad.
Kayne
Touché.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Luke Hardison)
QUOTE (Kayne @ Sep 16 2004, 08:41 PM)

On the other hand, if grenades were only slightly more lethal than your average heavy pistol, it wouldn't be so bad.

What, when they do an average of 10D+3 successes?

~J
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
What, when they do an average of 10D+3 successes?

5 dice, averages 2 successes against TN 4 = average of 10D, flat.
Kagetenshi
Erk, you're right. I keep forgetting that it's half Power. Retracted.

~J
Zeel De Mort
Slightly worse in a confined space though, which is where fights often happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012