Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whatever happened...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shalimar
So I recently reread The Dragonheart Trilogy, Cross Roads, Ragnarock, and I am currently in the middle of rereading the Burning time. I don't recall any of the Characters, Talon, Aracos, Trouble, Boom, or Hammar ever getting mentioned again, is there any indication of their further adventures?
Dashifen
Talon posts frequently to Shadowland in books like SONA and DotSW so I assume that he's still alive and kicking. Could be another Talon, I guess, but it's more fun to think it's the "famous" one.
Bigity
In my world, they he died in a horribly stupid bike crash because he suddenly realized his ally spirit couldn't turn into a motorcycle.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Bigity)
In my world, they he died in a horribly stupid bike crash because he suddenly realized his ally spirit couldn't turn into a motorcycle.

There is no canon reason why it could not.

~J
Bigity
Which is why I said my world smile.gif
Ancient History
There was supposed to be yet another novel, as I recall, but the novel line got killed.
Cochise
IIRC that last novel was supposed to be from Mike Mulvihill

... as for the motocycle spirit ... shape: no problem ... Usage as motocycle: without very /very) high quick and / or movement power not really
Bigity
Yea, that's true Cochise. It's an original idea however, but just a little too much of a stretch for me smile.gif

snowRaven
Ally Spirit:

Force: 3 = 15 Karma
B: 3 = 0 Karma
Q: 11 = 52 Karma (allowing x5 multiplier for the wheels; roughly 55km/h. Stay off the highways)
S: 8 = 25 Karma (to be able to carry Talon without much negative effect)
Athletics: 6 = 6 Karma (for 'running' and such, to increase speed)

3 Forms: 2 Karma

TOTAL: 100 Karma

Personally, I'd make Talon's spirit a bit unique and give it movement power (or maybe a sustainable spell working in a similar way), and reduce quickness to 8 or so.

Bull
Talon's still around, and the Talon in the Shadowtalk is indeed that Talon. It's Kenson's personal character from his home games (And I believe several of the others from the novel were likewise from his home game).

Probably won;t see much from Talon outside of Shadowtalk these days though, as Kenson is now the Line Developer for his Mutants & Masterminds game at Green Ronin.

Bull
FlakJacket
That or you could just off him like you did Morgan. ork.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (snowRaven)
Q: 11 = 52 Karma (allowing x5 multiplier for the wheels; roughly 55km/h. Stay off the highways)

Would that be a problem in Boston?
Bull
QUOTE (FlakJacket)

Hush you! smile.gif

Besides, it's bad form to just off another freelancer's character without asking him first...

Personally, I like Talon. Harlequin, on the other hand... or Ehran... Or Capt Chaos... or Dodger... Or Smiling Bandit... Well, the list goes on smile.gif

Bull
Cochise
QUOTE (snowRaven)

And that's the problem: Where does this movement rate come from?
Ally spirits gain no benefits from their physical form (no reach for example), so why would he have a higher movement rate simply because he has the shape of a motocycle?

But honestly, for the sake of the story I more than willing to have Aracos move like a motocycle in a novel ...
It's just that I say "No" to a player who want's to do something similar ...
snowRaven
QUOTE (Cochise)
Ally spirits gain no benefits from their physical form (no reach for example), so why would he have a higher movement rate simply because he has the shape of a motocycle?

True, it does state that allies keep their physical attributes regardless of form. But nowhere does it say they don't get benefits from their physical form (for instance, ten arms would let it hold ten objects). I don't think it states anywhere that they don't get Reach either (I don't think reach counts an attribute, or?)

Also, it doesn't state anywhere what the ally spirits movement multiplier is - regardless of form. Now, you can assume that it has x3 simply because it's the default for humans and some spirits, but as far as I know it hasn't been stated anywhere.
Bigity
Maybe we will get some clarifications some day. Until then, I'm off to make an ally spirit who can form a tank, a jet, and a submarine. I will call him.....Transformoron.

toturi
Six different forms... Six Shot or Quick Switch?
Masterofthegame
I have a player who read these books and wants to do the same thing with his ally.

Personally I don't really have a huge problem with it, I basically told him that it'd be ver expensive though. Basically I told him he'd have to build a Westwind 2000 as a Power focus of a level equal to the spirit of the ally who would inhabit it.

Not great rules-wise, but as long as he's willing to pay for something that just breaks down into a style thing I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Bigity
Man, the TN to enchat that would be through the roof.

I'd just as soon as make it a special ally power and charge 50 karma for it. If I ever would allow it.
The Question Man
QUOTE (Bull)
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Aug 27 2004, 07:41 PM)

Hush you! smile.gif

Besides, it's bad form to just off another freelancer's character without asking him first...

Personally, I like Talon. Harlequin, on the other hand... or Ehran... Or Capt Chaos... or Dodger... Or Smiling Bandit... Well, the list goes on smile.gif

Bull

Jealousy Bull, ill becomes you. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012