Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Records of extraterritoriality.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
toturi
I have questions:

Does extraterritoriality confer diplomatic status to representatives of say, Renraku to the UCAS?

What happens when a PCC ambassador steps into the Aztec Pyramid? Does the ambassador loss his diplomatic status?

There have might be a precedent somewhere, maybe during WW2... What happens if a person is an emissary to a country where he is illegal? If Rex(Tir Prince) went Quebec, is he liable to be hunted down and scalped? Or if one of the US embassy staff in Hitlerian Germany was Jewish?
Crimsondude 2.0
There are corporate diplomats (the Shiawase rep to Sioux who used to be a Denver rep, mentioned in SoNA).

If the BRA makes any logical sense, then it would recognize some of the official immunities recognized under the Vienna Convention.

Otherwise, I'd need to check the Vienna Convention, but the general understanding of it is that the host country must take reasonable measures to ensure that diplomatic personnel are protected. If Rex was the ambassador to Quebec, they'd have to protect him from bounty hunters. Realistically, they'd expel him about half a second after his foot touched Quebec soil. OTOH, since he is a head of government (well, part of the head, anyway), they'd also have to protect him as a visiting head of state like if a U.S. Senator went overseas. He'd also receive diplomatic immunity.
Paul
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
On the DocWagon thing, they WILL go up against corp sec, just not on corp ground... if you can drag your bleeding carcass to the street outside the facility, the HTR will gladly cart you away... SIN or no SIN, although I usually don't call them untill off extraterritorial land...

In my own game any player trying that would get a real big surprise. A real big deadly surprise. Anyone thinking that Doc Wagon is their personal gunsel's is in for a big shock.

I guess I run it a little different than you, though.
Kagetenshi
IIRC it's stated that if you call them in to be your personal fighting force, they might or might not pull you out then depending on risk but your contract becomes null and void.

~J
BitBasher
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
IIRC it's stated that if you call them in to be your personal fighting force, they might or might not pull you out then depending on risk but your contract becomes null and void.

~J

And remember, you owe them a FAT wad of cash to do an HTR response, and addition piles of cash if any of their personnel is hurt/injured. Those expenses are not covered under a normal DocWagon contract. It's likely that extraction will cost you a couple hundred thousand even if it works.
Paul
And of course any sort of fiscal damage they cause is also your budget problem. smile.gif
Kremlin KOA
BB no arguments with either of your points, it's just that either beats dying... that and platinum contracts cover most of the problems you suggested... most of them.

Paul, yeah I run them the way they were described in Neo-A's guide to real life. Damn useful but not a get out of jail free card. Also I don't make all the corps buddy buddy to each other againts the evil shadowrunners.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012