Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This should NOT be possible!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Austere Emancipator
With the assumption that the virtual Quickness increase from those tests is cumulative. Since no rule says either way, it's totally up to your GM. Although, considering how lethal MBW is (to the implantee), it's not much of an edge, and even I might allow it. Ironically, this is better the slower your reactions are -- if you roll very badly and have a poor Intelligence, you might get an Init of 20 or lower with MBW-4, which would allow you double Athletics through the whole CT.
BitBasher
QUOTE (Cynic project)
At rating 3 and four you get extra actions that are not phases. As athletics can increase your running speed for a phase as complex action,and you get more actions than phases you can on the first two phases roll your athletics twice in each phase. Making you noticably faster.

IIRC you can only sprint one in any given turn.
hyzmarca
Since Hermes is already running 559 miles per hour, you might as well just concentrate on boosting his strength and buying a saddle or a rickshaw.
Actualy, Weretigers would be usefull for that...
snowRaven
QUOTE (BitBasher @ Sep 1 2004, 03:02 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Sep 1 2004, 12:49 AM)
Y'know, that's too many edges/flaws.

Since IIRC at chargen SURGE effects count as edges/flaws I believe you are right.

Not sure I agree with you. It says in YotC: "[...], or else he allows characters to take on SURGE Positive and Negative Effects the same as if they were choosing Edges and Flaws[...]" (emphasis mine)

To my reading, this only states that the rules for picking SURGE effects are identical to the rules for picking Edges and Flaws (5 each, no more than ±6 total, if I recall the suggestions in SR Comp correctly), in no way does it make SURGE effects count as edges and flaws for purposes of those limitations.

I guess it could be interpreted to mean that they count as edges and flaws, but to me the wording doesn't really imply it, and furthermore it doesn't make sense (to me anyway) to do it that way.

*edit* I just realised that, according to the FAQ, I believe the Magic Attribute itself increases with Initiation even if you don't get a power point, so:
Magic 7
Power Points 6
Magic Power 1(Geased) 1.00
Boosted Quickness 7(Voluntary Geas) 1.5
Improved Athletics 5(Voluntary Geas) 1.0
Improved Quickness 3(Voluntary Geas) 2.5

With 13 successes on Athletics that equals Q=27 x 5 x 6 = 810m/turn
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012