Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOTA 2063 comments
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Haereticus
Ironic as it is, I've just purchased SOTA 2063 and am now reading it. Does anyone know who I can address comments about the text?
FrostyNSO
Hell, just put them here, I'd love to hear what you've got to say since I havn't gotten the book yet.
mrobviousjosh
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
Hell, just put them here, I'd love to hear what you've got to say since I havn't gotten the book yet.

Ditto.
Synner
Since the SOTA63 sub-Forum is no longer active (the book is about wee old now) and the one going up soon will be especifically on SOTA64, this is probably the place ot post your comments and thoughts on the previous release.
Black Isis
Hrm, where did you get SOTA 2063? I'd like to get a copy, but my usual place is out of stock and Ebay is taunting me with nothing.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Black Isis)
Hrm, where did you get SOTA 2063? I'd like to get a copy, but my usual place is out of stock and Ebay is taunting me with nothing.

Indeed.
Kesh
I just wish FanPro could get their stuff up on DTRPG. I'd love to download some of these books, since I can't find them in bookstores. Practically the only thing I can find anywhere is the BBB.
sidartha
Mind you I don't own the book myself I've just read over the shoulders of those who do. So take what I say with a pinch of salt.
My impression is that there is a lot of GM oriented ware and gear. All the Genetech is beta grade at least, lots of heavy miltech vehicles like Abrams tank heavy, plenty of potental plot hooks and flavor text.
On the other hand the metamagic techniques are da bomb, flavor text is always a good thing and it has plenty of little things that make breaking the law so much easier.
In all a good book for someone in the group to have but unless your playing a mercenary campaign or just an evil GM(is there any other kind?) it's not really nessisary like CC or MITS.
My 2 nuyen.gif
Lucyfersam
It has some good stuff for corp security and mercenaries, the metamagic section is quite good, and while the gene tech is listed as being betaware at least, it can easily be worked into a lower level campaign, a street doc with a bit of genetics know-how, may be a bit more dangerous, have a few side effects, but hey, what doesn't?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012