Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Physical Magicians
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyuhan
besides the blurb in Awakenings?
Da9iel
Got MITS?
Da9iel
You are, I assume, talking about the hybrid between an adept and a magician, no?
Kyuhan
Yeah, I just checked out MiTS, I don't know how the heck I missed that.
Zenmaxer
I have to say, phys-mages are my faves, especially since in most of my campaigns, initiation is extremely difficult anyway.
Da9iel
Sure! A troll phys-mage can throw around physical drain spells better than a dwarf can toss stun drain spells. :shudder:
Edward
QUOTE (Da9iel)
Sure! A troll phys-mage can throw around physical drain spells better than a dwarf can toss stun drain spells. :shudder:

How???
Da9iel
Oh, wait, no. I was thinking a troll would use body to resist physical drain. Either an older edition or a crossed wire in my brain.
toturi
All drain is resisted by Willpower. What chip have you been slotting Da9iel and how can I avoid it? biggrin.gif
FlakJacket
Except of course when the force of the spell is higher than your magic attribute. So just take a points worth of cyberware to drop your essence to five and learn all your spells at a rating of six or higher.
Eyeless Blond
Er, it's still resisted by willpower; you just take physical damage if you don't stage it all down.
mfb
yes. drain, even when it's physical drain, is always resisted by willpower.
FlakJacket
It is? Just as well I never played the mage then. embarrassed.gif
Zenmaxer
that's why blood magic rocks, and why phys-mages with the sacrificing metamagic are sickeningly nutty.
Lindt
And why there are standing bounties for them. Now where did I put my .12 guage...
Bigity
Things with bounties tend to make it dangerous to catch them.
blakkie
QUOTE (Lindt)
And why there are standing bounties for them. Now where did I put my .12 guage...

You are going to need a bigger gun.....unless you just plan to shoot yourself to escape the fate of having said blood mage telekinetically rip off your arm and shove it down your throat. wobble.gif
Kyuhan
Mmmmm...beefy. nyahnyah.gif
hyzmarca
Don't forget that the bounty is on living blood mages.
Shockwave_IIc
Burst Firing Spas 22 and Gel rounds, and watch the pretty paterns in the air the gel makes as it breaks up on the Armour Spell.....
Kagetenshi
SPAS-22, maximum choke, stun shells. With a skill of 6 and full pool, expect 10 successes on base 1S. Just try not to overflow to Deadly Physical.

Oh, and TN 13 to dodge.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012