Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Walther Explosive Pistol
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RedmondLarry
OK, if we're going to design new pistols, here's mine.

It is inspired by the Superman TV show, where the bullets bounce off superman's chest but he dodges the pistol that the bad guy throws when he's out of ammo.

The Walther Explosive Pistol.
Conceal 6
Ammo 2(b)
BF
4L
.5 Kg
250 nuyen.gif
Street Index 2, as no used ones are available.

The Walther Explosive Pistol is a single-use two-barrel burst-fire pistol. Both barrels fire when the trigger is pulled, raising the damage from 4L to 6L. In addition the timer in the hand-grip, which is expanded from the standard Walther in order to conceal the explosive parts of a grenade, is automatically initiated with the trigger pull. The Walther Explosive Pistol has a 2 second timer on the grenade, which may be adjusted out of combat with a Pistols B/R (3) Test with a base time of 4 minutes. The pistol may be ordered with Concussion (standard), or either the HE or AP, Offensive or Defensive options.

In standard usage, the pistol is typically fired (simple action) and then thrown (simple action).

If holstered with the safety off, the Walther can be Quick-Drawn and Fired as a simple action. Tests indicate that if a Free Action is used to drop the empty pistol, a subsequent Simple Action can Quick-Draw and Fire a second Walther.
Kagetenshi
Can you explain why one would legitimately want to drop a pistol-grenade at one's own feet?

Other than that, I like it.

~J
Kanada Ten
The ideal suicide weapon. One way, or another you're going to get you... gonna get you get you get you.
Jason Farlander
Why stop at two barrels for a single-use pistol? Slap on a third barrel and get a nice, juicy, 7M damage code. Plus it would look weird, and therefore be cool.
Kanada Ten
Tribarrel... They do exist?
Arethusa
It's not impossible, but it sure is impractical. For a concealed pistol, I don't think it'd be particularly fun. Two barrels seems to be a bit of a derringer tradition.

Anyway, this weapon seems pretty unlikely in terms of it ever reaching production, but I suppose weirder things have happened. Sure is amusing. I am wondering how you plan on putting much grenade in a holdout while still maintaining holdout size and weight, though. Nano explosives ain't here yet.

Also, is this Perfect Dark inspired?
Fortune
Can you throw it before firing for a bigger bang?
mfb
perhaps this finally explains why supes always ducks when they throw the gun at him, after taking a full clip to the chest without flinching.
Crimsondude 2.0
Two seconds is awfully fast...
RedmondLarry
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Sure is amusing.
You are reading it in the manner that was intended.
QUOTE (Crimson Dude 2.0)
Two seconds is awfully fast...
You do know that how quickly grenades blow up is related to the Initiative Score of the character? A Samurai who tosses a grenade on Initiative 31 of the first initiative pass will have it go off on 21 of the second initiative pass (a little slower if he gets wounded in between). A slow character, whose initiative is 7 in that same Combat Turn, won't have his grenade explode until the end of the fourth Initiative Pass.
Crimsondude 2.0
I meant in the real world.
RedmondLarry
Ah yes, though I have no experience with it, I hear that some gun fights in the real world have taken more than 12 to 18 seconds to resolve. wink.gif
Traks
Ah yes, though I have no experience with it, I hear that some gun fights in the real world have taken more than 12 to 18 seconds to resolve. 

You mean those between 1939 and 1945? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012