Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Storyline
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ombre
I recently discovered, much to my dismay, that you German runners had a drekload of SR novels that will never be translated in English...I guess that some of these novels describe events that belong to the official SR storyline, some which may be developed in Shadows of Europe (I'm waiting for my copy) or SOTA 64...
So is there anybody around here who would be so kind as to sum up the recent events woven in those novels?
Thanks guys...

PS: I promise I'm gonna go back to my German schoolbooks (I haven't put my nose i those for the last 15 years or so...seems like a good incentive to do so)
Ancient History
We here across the Pond usually only get tiny ripples of German events, sadly. Hell, we've barely heard about Shockwaves in most respects.
toturi
And we here around the Ring get even less than that.
Synner
Most of the German novels are pretty self-contained and reflect both the (old) German setting (including several distinctively non-canon elements) and German references and peculiarities which the English language audience would simply miss (notably the ones set in Austria) for lack of reference (and I mean RL not SR). Furthermore most of the material therein, as opposed to the English novels, has local ramifications rather than global with few if any shockwaves unlike say the Dragonheart trilogy (probably the best English equivalents are Shadowboxer and Lone Wolf).

And no, most of the self-contained plots in the novels are not referenced in Shadows of Europe - even though the writer was German. As I mentioned above their possible interest to the greater audience only makes sense if pages and pages of the underlying references (both RL and from German canon) were included somehow.

Shockwaves as a campaign and metaplot development is another issue entirely and you can check the newest update on that story in SOTA64.
cerbero
Maike Hallman - Pesadillas

Nothing about Austria & nothing special you need to know about the AGS - just a very good shadowrun novell biggrin.gif
Cochise
QUOTE (cerbero)
Nothing about Austria & nothing special you need to know about the AGS - just a very good shadowrun novell  biggrin.gif

But no impact on meta-plot or sourcebooks either wink.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
Largest naval battle since Jutland...
FlakJacket
I still maintain that the Battle of Jutland was a no score draw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012