Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skillwires
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Ol' Scratch
You don't get to use any standard Dice Pools when using a skillsoft unless its DIMAPed. He can pull dice from his Chipjack Expert Driver as normal, noting that the dice are lost until the pool refreshes at the beginning of the next Combat Turn, just like every other pool.

So if you have standard Cyber Implant Combat 6 and Off-Hand Cyber 6 softs slotted simultaneously in your Rating 12 Skillwires via two Chipjack Expert Drivers, you have a six pool dice you can pull from just as if it were your Combat Pool for the duration of the fight.

Your Combat Pool is effectively non-existant as long as you're using the slotted skills. You can, however, use it for Dodging, Damage Resistance Tests, or anything else that doesn't augment your use of the slotted skills.
JaronK
Well only one skill (offhand cyber implant combat) is slotted. The other is natural.

JaronK
mfb
hm, this is tricky. you don't really roll the off-hand skill, you just get extra dice for having it. natural off-hand skill, for instance, doesn't add to your base skill for the purpose of determining how much combat pool you can use on a single roll.

by that argument, i guess you shouldn't gain task pool from CED. i don't think it's equitable to have the CEDs magically stop working, though. maybe you get to use 1/2 your CED task pool, just like you're using 1/2 your skill?
Ol' Scratch
Ah, in that case the CED is pretty useless. It only adds to the skill being used. Off-Hand Skills aren't used like traditional skills and only add one-half their rating to your actual skill. But you would still be able to use up to 6 COmbat Pool dice with your base skill.
toturi
You could use the CED bonus and leave the Combat Pool for Dodging and Resisting.
ES_Riddle
QUOTE (Fortune)
I absolutely despise the idea of chipped Social skills!

Makes more sense than chipped athletics. Popping in a "suave" chip makes a lot more sense than popping in a "4 minute mile" chip.
Ol' Scratch
Not necessarily since Athletics is still heavily Attribute-related. You're still limited by Quickness and your endurance is still measured by your Body. The only difference is that you learn the same training (and have your entire nervous system augmented) that someone with your exact physical capabilities has when it comes to using Athletics.
ES_Riddle
Charisma linked skills make just as much sense, though. Charisma is more than physical appearance. Body language, posture, intonation, reacting to subtle clues by the person you are negotiating/interrogating/intimidating, etc, are all things that a Skillsoft could concievably change. Like you said Dr. F, you have exactly the same capabilities as someone with your natural attribute with the appropriate amount of training.

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
The only difference is that you learn the same training (and have your entire nervous system augmented) that someone with your exact physical capabilities has when it comes to using Athletics.
Ol' Scratch
I never said otherwise. I was just pointing out that Athletics was more heavily attribute-reliant than other skills. About the only time Charisma matters with most social skills is when using Intimidation and Interrogation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012