Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wash my car!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Adarael
I've had elementals for tea and for dinner a couple of times. I think once out of four tries did I get one that had enough rudimentary personality to have a conversation.

And, of course, there's always Hiro - the gay free fire elemental at UC Berkeley. Which just rocks.
Siege
Which bothers me only because I wasn't aware un-dikoted spirits had sex. Or at least a gender to qualify as hetero or homo sexual.

-Siege
Kagetenshi
I think it ends up being more what they identify with rather than an actual gender...

~J
Siege
Sorry, it still gives me a headache - a genderless spirit decides to have sex with men or women.

It can only be called hetero or homo sexual if the spirit has a gender of it's own.

Sorry, over-analyzing. Will stop now.

-Siege
Kanada Ten
Also, what about another scenario between "lazy" and "on a run" like having a spirit do chores while you're doing something like researching a new spell, building a foci, or something similar that requires the Shaman's near-constant concentration?

There is no issue there.

. Or at least a gender to qualify as hetero or homo sexual.

Most free spirits choose a gender, and even have seperate names for one type (anime / anima, IIRC).
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Siege)
Sorry, it still gives me a headache - a genderless spirit decides to have sex with men or women.

It can only be called hetero or homo sexual if the spirit has a gender of it's own.

Sorry, over-analyzing. Will stop now.

-Siege

Well, demons that drain their victim's life force by having sex are fairly common in folklore. Assuming taht succubi/incubi and their counterparts in other cultures aren't vampire varients, they're probably Free Spirits. There's more than one way for a spirit to get karma.
GaiasWrath8
Wonder if a spirit could check out a girl for you and let you know if she was healthy on the inside. DD free and all. This way you are not walking in blind. smile.gif
Kanada Ten
Wonder if a spirit could check out a girl for you and let you know if she was healthy on the inside.

No better than someone with Astral Perception and a high Int and/or Arua Reading skill.
GaiasWrath8
Well I think I have an idea. I will start a dating servus for extra cash (ingame) that will pay for that cultured bio I needed. We will get spirits to check out all the women who sign up. It will be a great hit.
Kanada Ten
Well I think I have an idea. I will start a dating servus for extra cash (ingame) that will pay for that cultured bio I needed. We will get spirits to check out all the women who sign up. It will be a great hit.

Corporations around the world pay an average of 100 dollars an hour for the creation of wards (a service which can be performed by summoned spirits as well!). Using the Enchanting skill can garnish hundreds of thousands of dollars in just a few months. The spell design skill could net even more in a similar amount of time. Magicians have no lack of methods to earn money, it's just the raising of one's profile that presents issues. YMMV
GaiasWrath8
Well it would have been funny...
Kanada Ten
Actually, I'm was trying to say you need to do more than look at their auras to make money, but maybe that's what you meant. And no, it really wasn't that funny anyway.
Siege
Snicker.

Ya know, a free spirit hooker would make a lot of Karma.

John: "What, no cash? And you'll do what? All I have to give you is a little...what? Wheee!"

-Siege
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
(anime / anima, IIRC).

Animus/anima. Anime is rather different wink.gif

~J
Siege
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Oct 28 2004, 05:24 PM)
(anime / anima, IIRC).

Animus/anima. Anime is rather different wink.gif

~J

Not in the context of this discussion. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Kremlin KOA
yeah anime is the non gender specific version (shonen and shojou subtypes notwithstanding biggrin.gif )
Kagetenshi
Wouldn't it be animum?

~J
Joker9125
I had a quadrapelegic mage character once (who is now retired and trying to take over sinsearch) and he uses his elementals for mundane tasks all the time. He has spirits bound to his house to perform these duties (house rule: If a spirit can be bound to defend it could also be bound to go aroundonce a day and sweep, cook, ect....)
Kanada Ten
It's really so much cheaper to buy a drone than use Elementals.
Joker9125
Yea but drones just arnt his style biggrin.gif He also has a printed hermatic library rating 8 (yes he does have a room in his house devoted to this). And plus their is something about an earth elemental materializing and running kids off his lawn that carries more of a threat than an infirm (-6 i think) quadrapelegic albino elf doing it.
Toptomcat
indifferent.gif What did you BUY with all those points!?
Herald of Verjigorm
Apparently, sorcery, conjuring, spells, and either resources or pre-game spirits.
Joker9125
Hmm lets see homeground, bonus attribute point Char, exceptional attribute Will, quick healer, and 3 spirit affinitys (house rule as well I got one for earth, fire, and air elementals it reduces the TN to summon by one)
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Joker9125)
and 3 spirit affinitys (house rule as well I got one for earth, fire, and air elementals it reduces the TN to summon by one)

Perhaps it's just me but that screams broken......
Crusher Bob
For a hermetic mage, this advantage is largely economic (less money spent on conjuring materials) than otherwise, since elementals have to be summoned in a (force) hours long ritual.

For a shaman, this would probably be broken, for a hermetic, I'm not sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012