Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLEUTH now has cases!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Stumps
Thanks, fixed.

I still need some more submissions if anyone has some stuff laying around a thread somewhere, or on paper, or other...

I'll take story submissions too.
They don't have to be just bloopers.
Kagetenshi
I'd offer the Run from Hell, but it's pretty much old news at this point…

~J
Stumps
Well, if you mean, everyone knows about it then I understand.

If you mean, it happened long ago, then I ask you to go look at the CLUE files and tell me how old the first file is.

It doesn't matter how old it is really.
They could be from SR1 and it wouldn't matter.
Kagetenshi
I mean it's been linked to from these boards several times already.

~J
Ol' Scratch
Aparantly, only IE accepts numeric values as class names for CSS.

You learn something new every day. But it's what you get for being lazy and uncreative. nyahnyah.gif smile.gif
Stumps
Well, really. It's not about being creative.
It's about accountability.
Numbers are easier to track and quicker to use.

And Kage. Ah...yeah, no dice there probably.
Ol' Scratch
I dunno. I'd say that a .footer-text tag would be easier to track and quicker to use than having to cross-reference various charts and diagrams to figure out what .47 refers to.
Stumps
well, sure for those things, yes...I just use them for my TD's mostly.
When I have several element variants.
Edward
I can’t even find a text editor with the requisite coding features I want. Line numbers, multiple documents and copy and paste and native raw text files.

I dislike web page design programs because they have a habit of including a lot of unnecessary code, if you have a problem with cross platform stability it can take quite an effort to track down the cause. It also encourages a lack of understanding of programming and takes more bandwidth. Of cause it has been several years since I did any programming at all so I doubt I could now. At least the design programs allow you to get something out.

As I learned in programming class. Numerical variable names are only easier to track when their is a small number of them. Once you get past about 5-10 you start to forget witch is witch so its better to name them something that represents there purpose. Even on small projects so you get into the good habit (oh the wrath of my programming teacher when I used numerical variable names).

My problem with IE these days is that it just doesn’t work. It crashes wen loading any page. This is a pain in the ass when all the IE help files load from IE. Mozilla is better anyway it has internal tabs to view multiple pages without cluttering the task bar.

Interesting. MS word won’t recognise Mozilla as a word.

Edward
Stumps
Edward...I use Notepad.
Crusher Bob
You can try notetab light...
Stumps
Seems ok.
What I really want is something like Notepad, but lets me enter in endless amounts of text statements in a customizable organization.

eg. <table width="100%" height="100%" border=0 cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> would be text that I entered into the library and I can go to it and choose it like a clipboard at anytime.

I don't like pre-made editors because the time it takes me to use their pre-made "easy-ready" code and then add in the elements I want to it, is too long.
I'd rather just type it out longhand. It's quicker.
But if I had a program that allows me to add multitudes of text for recall, then I'd be set.

[edit]HOLY SHIT! THIS THING IS GREAT! FINALLY! I CAN SET UP MY OWN PREMADE ELEMENT TAGS!!!! THANK YOU CRUSHER![/edit]
Sandoval Smith
Just two things:
1: the e-mail on the submissions page still links to your jayson etc@hotmail addy.

2: Was the tale of the blood dripping squirrel suitable for a sleuth entry?
Stumps
QUOTE (Sandoval Smith)
Just two things:
1: the e-mail on the submissions page still links to your jayson etc@hotmail addy.

2: Was the tale of the blood dripping squirrel suitable for a sleuth entry?

1. fixed

2. yes, it's on it's way there. Just hadn't been posted yet.
Wounded Ronin
Has anyone submitted any more stories?
Stumps
I saw a very large curve rate after the first submissions.
It pretty much dropped off drastically.

I haven't gotten anything for a couple weeks.

There is one submission I want to add that I have had, but it requires a LOT of re-typing to format it, so I've been putting that one off a bit.

In short answer, no...no one has been submitting stories.

(I check my e-mail about every day or two for Sleuth)
kevyn668
You might consider ways to keep this idea fresh in our minds. You could put a link in your sig. smile.gif
Stumps
Done!
man, I should be a genie with all the wishes I grant. (J/K)

oh...and you're welcome Doc.
kevyn668
Well, if thats the case, <rubs lamp> I'm looking for something in a brunette (female) about so tall <holds hand even with chin> preferably morally and physical flexible.
Stumps
Your Wish Is Granted!
I'm looking for something in a brunette

Check!
about so tall <holds hand even with chin>

When Seated...Check!
preferably morally and physical flexible

Double Check!
kevyn668
Clever.
Wounded Ronin
Shadowrun should have rules for training espionage monkeys.
Herald of Verjigorm
It'll probably be in Running Wild.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Stumps)
Done!
man, I should be a genie with all the wishes I grant. (J/K)

oh...and you're welcome Doc.

I see my entry didn't make it to the starred files, but ah well smile.gif I was half afraid you were going to cut it, myself...
Mr. Man
QUOTE (Stumps)
HOLY SHIT! THIS THING IS GREAT! FINALLY! I CAN SET UP MY OWN PREMADE ELEMENT TAGS!!!!

You might also try EditPlus which seems to do most of what NoteTab does and (IIRC) also has some text formatting features that NT lacks.
Stumps
Sorry, wrong Doc, DocMorton.

It was a side throw to Doc-Funk about the sig change.

And the sleuth picks aren't classed as exactly better than the rest, they are ones that made me personally laugh my ass off and run and grab my roomate who isn't into SR to show him.

In other words, they're the submissions that fit my sense of humor.
I'm toying with the idea of having a rating system so readers can rate the submissions when they read them though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012