Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HellBalst 3rd ed.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr.Platinum
Has any one conversted this spell from 2nd to 3rd, I would do it my self but my MiTs is invisible at the moment.

a crap, i can't edit the title but it's suppose to say Hell Blast.
Moon-Hawk
Wouldn't a 3rd ed hellblast just be a high force fireball?
Herald of Verjigorm
In 3rd edition, combat spells don't get elemental effects. However, if you were to ignore that, it would be an area combat spell with fire secondary effects and the same drain code as fireball. The only differences from fireball are that it uses combat spell LoS rules instead of elemental manipulation LoS rules, uses body as the TN to cast, and cannot be dodged unless you house rule that benefit away from combat spells.
Ol' Scratch
Fireball with Elemental Effect (Blast) added. That's the same stats for Fireball but with an extra secondary effect and +1 Drain Level.
GrinderTheTroll
Yeah, you can't make things that have varied Wound Staging like SR1 & SR2 did for magic or anywhere else in SR3 for that matter.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Fireball with Elemental Effect (Blast) added. That's the same stats for Fireball but with an extra secondary effect and +1 Drain Level.

Yes! I like it!
Bigity
Ugh. My capillaries are bursting just thinking about that drain.
Herald of Verjigorm
Once you start stacking elemental effects, there is one inevitable conclusion:
Ball of Pain
TN: 4
Drain: +1(DL+11)
Effects: area elemental manipulation with all elemental effects.

It's the kind of spell for suicidal mages and free toxic spirits with the sorcery power (or some other insane types that don't suffer drain).
Ol' Scratch
...or someone with a Trauma Damper and no sense whatsoever (since the spell's not going to do a significant amount of extra damage over a normal elemental manipulation). At worse it'll do 9 boxes of Stun damage (or 9 Physical and 1 Stun) assuming a healthy caster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012