Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 1: The Three Sisters OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, Fox has got armor clothing on him, so that 8M is reduced to 5M.

With a body of 8 (unaugmented + Dermal Sheathing 2):

And the results:

1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 8.

Staged it down to nothing.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Dark Scrier)
Ahh, fair enough.

Ok, I'm going to roll electronics or Car B/R, whatever you want for trying to bypass the alarm, or whatever it is. If I know that Angelus is more suited to it, I'll defer to his ability for the sake of trying to get into the car.

Car B/R: 4, 8, 4
Electronics: 2, 15, 3, 2

Nope -- you go for it. I'm a spellslinger not an electronics wiz wink.gif
-- Dashifen --
Dashifen
Damnit! I didn't get a commlink. I knew I forgot something in gear. Oh well, since I can't here Moira mention the motion at the side of the house, based on this line here that I entered before:

Knocking an arrow (normal arrowhead) to his string, he begins to watch the house as he waits for Eddie's reply

Do I see the light at the side of the house and the motion?

Thanks,
-- Dashifen --

Ronin Soul
Dashifen: Yes you would...

(nearly a +1 biggrin.gif )
Cursedsoul
Dammit! I can't believe I failed that test!

I am now at Light stun *Shakes head*

Whips test to ensnare (if I can do this): 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3

Assuming my TN is 3 (4-2+1) and they don't get a chance to fight back (and I don't see why they would...), here's my ensnare test:

11, 3, 1, 1. They need to beat TN11 on a strength test to free themself.

Using the reach to benefit me (if possible).

Pistols test Shot 1: 11, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1
Pistols test Shot 2: 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2

This is all at +1TN for my stun remember.

My pistol is loaded with Gel rounds, so they resist a base of 5S stun. My TN should be 3 (4-2+1) so that's like 6D stun or something. I forget how to stage power past deadly, is it +1P/2 successes?

I should hit with the second shot for 5D stun, assuming no more modifiers (4-2+1+1 = 4).

If anything I get at least ONE success with that 11...hopefully I've disabled both of them. biggrin.gif
Ronin Soul
Sorry all, I'll update on IC actions in about 12-13 hours. So you've all got a bit of time to consider actions etc.

Good night!
Ronin Soul
Cursedsoul: You can't get the second guy, he's through the door by the time you get the opportunity to fire the shots off. That said, you've got the option of either applying those shots to the guy you entangled, or alternatively make them richochet off the door with cool "thump" noises.
Your choice.
Ronin Soul
HMHVV Hunter: Dontcha just hate me? biggrin.gif
If it's any consolation that was not a railroad.
(I say that because a lot of players get sensitive about it)
HMHVV Hunter
What do you mean by railroad? Does that mean pre-destined?

And if it wasn't...well, I was just being in-character. Fox would have weighed the risks vs. benefits (easy to do with an intelligence of 8 ) and concluded he couldn't have survived a ground zero blast.

Oh well, that doesn't mean the run's a washout, I'm sure. So no, I'm not pissed about it.

My character is, however biggrin.gif
Ronin Soul
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
What do you mean by railroad? Does that mean pre-destined?

Railroading is something that a GM does anything to make the PCs end up in a certain situation or do something that the GM doesn't want to do (it's also called Scripting).

BTW - you guys could probably get hold of Sticky Grenades if you wanted. There's even a type that can be fired from a grenade launcher.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Ronin Soul)
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Sep 12 2003, 12:40 PM)
What do you mean by railroad?  Does that mean pre-destined?

Railroading is something that a GM does anything to make the PCs end up in a certain situation or do something that the GM doesn't want to do (it's also called Scripting).

BTW - you guys could probably get hold of Sticky Grenades if you wanted. There's even a type that can be fired from a grenade launcher.

Ah ok. So it's like the cinematic sequences in video games that advance plotlines, where you can't control your character?

In any case, don't worry. I'm not gonna hold it against you. Hell, I'm just happy for a chance to play this character.
Dashifen
@ Ronin:

Can you give me a base range to the targets? Also, do they seem to be worried about the fact that Eddie (and perhaps me if they see through the imp. invis) are hanging out at the cars? The range might determine if Angelus fires arrows or manabolts at the approaching individuals. Either way he gets a +2 to his rolls for the sustained spell.

If you need perception for the requested visual information, then just let me know the target number (after modifications) that you need me to shoot for. May not get any what with the rain and the spell, but I'm not quite ready yet to drop that invisibility indifferent.gif.

-- Dashifen --
Cursedsoul
Dag nabbit! Why do people always run!? frown.gif

In any case, I shall apply the shots to the guy I entangled (poor guy. devil.gif)

Whips test to disentangle the whip if you need it: 15, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1

Based on Blitz's post I have the following questions:

Where are the children's bedroom and am I near any of them presently?

How much does the guy I just beat down weigh?

With Strength 6 I want to know if I can drag his ass to the door and to "safety."

What would this reduce my speed to in game terms?

Lemme know if you want a list of what my character has on him so you don't think I've got magic pockets or anything.

and as usual: ANSWER MY PERSONAL MESSAGES! RARR!!!
Cursedsoul
Strength Test to rip grenade off door: 8, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1

Strength Test (Defaulting...urgh) to throw it out the window and away from myself and the prisoner: 11, 10, 5, 4, 3, 1

Athletics Test to dive and roll: 11, 3, 1
Cursedsoul
Anyone alive?
Dark Scrier
Yep.
HMHVV Hunter
Yep I'm alive.
Dashifen
Just waiting on Ronin for more info on what I see.
-- Dash --
Ronin Soul
Okay, sorry about dropping out again. I'm back now... smile.gif

BTW It's something that might happen from time to time. Don't get too concerned about it, just one of my oddities...

Anyway, the two explosions don't do any damage to any one but they have left one hell of a mess.

There is a background count of 1 all around and in the Hammada's house now.

Dashifen: It tricky to tell (translation: I'm terrible with distances biggrin.gif ). Due to the driving rain you can only guess that with a bow that the range is medium to long. No, they don't seem particularly concerned about you being aorund the cars, but the helicopter might have something to do with that...

HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Ronin Soul)
Okay, sorry about dropping out again. I'm back now... smile.gif

BTW It's something that might happen from time to time. Don't get too concerned about it, just one of my oddities...

Long as you come back soon afterwards...

Sorry, I just don't want to see this game dead like so many others.
Cursedsoul
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)

Ditto.
Dashifen
If you're using the rule that aiming allows you to lower your target number, consider that Angelus is aiming for one of the goons. He's aiming for the one furthest from the children to avoid any "friendly" fire mistakes. Considering he's probably at long range now (TN 5) plus the rain modifications, this is going to be a difficult shot.

Also, he's not going to fire unless the drone or one of his team mates is there to back him up. He doesn't fancy trying to take on four individuals, some of them obviously armed, all by his lonesome.

-- Dashifen --
Dark Scrier
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)

I agree. I like Eddie.
HMHVV Hunter
Yeah, I'm having fun playing Gray Fox.
Cursedsoul
Where is the helicopter relative to my position?
Is it hovering over any trees?
If so, how far?
If its within 2 meters, can I use one of my whips to hook the copter?
What would the TN be to do this?
What is the TN to climb the tree? How long would this take?

If I can't climb the tree and hook it, how far away is the copter from the ground?

Blitz
I also have flashbacks, but it's triggered mostly by mage fire. Fireballs etc. However large bonfires or burning buildings would set her off.....
Cursedsoul
Allrighty. Rock on. smile.gif
Dark Scrier
Don't forget Eddie's flashbacks which are caused occasionally by rigging in combat.
Cursedsoul
Well well, we're a pretty traumatized group then, aren't we? smile.gif
Blitz
Wake up Ronin!!
HMHVV Hunter
Did I mention my character's flashbacks triggered by severe corporate black ops?

Yeah, we're screwed up.
Ronin Soul
Yeesh - you're a bunch of screw-ups. But then, so are your characters biggrin.gif

Mmmkay, I'm back now and looking to finish the first leg of the first chapter. Just a quick question though. Do you want me to hand out karma after each "act" or after each chapter? Democracy - most votes to one or the other determines this.
Dashifen
Okay, for Angelus's shot, he's firing a normal arrow for 11M damage at the one raising his gun toward the kids. He's not dropping his sustained invisibility spell (just in case) which added +2 to the roll. Therefore a long range shot (TN: 5) plus the 2 for spell (TN: 7) got me a 08 07 05 04 04 04 02 for two successes staging. Since we're not technically in combat, I didn't add pool to the roll.

To sum up: Projectile Weapons (7) role = 08 07 05 04 04 04 02 staging the damage (assuming the bad guy doesn't dodge) to 11S.

I like the chapter based karma handouts as well.

-- Dashifen --

Edited: added my vote for the karma options
HMHVV Hunter
Black Helicopter? Hell yeah Fox is jumping for it.

Rolling Athletics: 6 (rating) + 2 (Synthacardium):

1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 11

Times like this I wish I'd bought those Hydraulic Jacks...

Oh yeah, and each chapter for handing out karma. That's my vote.
Blitz
Id go for each chapter as well...it will allow for a smoother progression rather than large chunks of advancement.

Armor spell on the child.
3 from Sorcery and 3 from Spell pool to spell defense on the child

3 from Sorcery and 3 from spell pool for Armor spell.
11 09 05 05 03 01 - 2 successes

Cursedsoul
How far away are the goons exactly?

What are they armed with (SMGs, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, etc, etc)?

How many are left?

Any cover I can duck behind and fire at them from?
Herald of Verjigorm
There are times I sincerely regret not storing my characters on the forums.

If I roll too many dice (more than declared), just drop whatever ones you want.
If I don't roll enough, PM me and I'll roll some more dice.

Enhance reaction power: 6 turns (+essence to reaction for that length)
Draw stun baton

Initiative roll: 2 (can't remember natural reaction)
[edit] actual total: 13 (5[base]+6[boost]+2[roll]) [/edit]
Blitz
Are we waiting on Ronin?
Dashifen
I am
Cursedsoul
As am I. GOD DAMMIT RONIN WAKE UP!!!!!! smile.gif
HMHVV Hunter
I'm waiting too.

Ronin...yello?
Dark Scrier
Yeah, I also am waiting.
Blitz
....starting to worry....
Ronin Soul
Ummm, hi.

Roll initiative and declare actions guys. We're in the war zone now. Insert the bitchin' music and pack the armour vest!
Dashifen
Initiative for Angeuls: 7+2d6 = 7 + 5 + 1 = 13

Anyone know if it is a complex or simple action to fire a bow? Thanks! I don't have my books at work.

In one of my IC posts, I said that Angelus had moved back 10 meters from the cars. After his shot, he's going to get up and run towards the vehicles for the partial cover they'll provide him. Once he's covered, he's going to drop the spell so as to not worry any longer about those pesky +2's from the invis spell.

Assuming the helicopter gets into the mix and Angelus still has an action, is there any Line of Sight from Angelus at the vehicles to the pilot of the helicopter? devil.gif I've got a blindness spell that people driving vehicles always seem to hate.

-- Dash --
HMHVV Hunter
Initiative for Fox:

Dice results: 1,4,5,6 + 9 (reaction) = 25

First action: Going to make an athletics roll to do a gymnasts flip on top of the strut, using the strut itself as a parallel bar of sorts.

Athletics roll: 6 (skill rating) + 2 (Synthacardium):

Blitz
Ronin...no mention of the actions of the runaway child which I just cast armor on....my intention is to intercept him/her and bring them back to the vehicle...
Cursedsoul
Spectral Phoenix's Init: 6 (1d6) + 5 = 11

I repeat my unanswered questions:

How far away are the goons exactly?

What are they armed with (SMGs, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, etc, etc)?

Any cover I can duck behind and fire at them from?

Assuming there is cover, and it looks to be within short/medium range, I will be running and dodging to get behind it.

Once you answer these questions I'll roll for my actions and post'em.

also: PERSONAL MESSAGES. ANSWER. RAR!
Herald of Verjigorm
My init total is still 13.
Blitz
Initiative = 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012