Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 1: The Three Sisters OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ronin Soul
Okay, this is the OOC thread for Chapter 1. Basically you use it for… well, OOC stuff. Dice rolls, asking each other OOC questions, stuff like that.

Just a few reminders:

Don’t be surprised by the IC beginning. Like I told you before, the start would involve some railroading. Just deal with it. As a group you have been a team and have worked as such before. This is just a really weird job.

Remember destiny points and stunts! This game is more cinematic than a normal shadowrun game and as such I will allow you to do stuff that would probably be described as “impossible”. Also, do normal things in a cool way or with a great description and I will give you bonuses. Remember that. If you are unsure if I will allow something, just ask me in this thread first.

Don’t just say how many successes you got when rolling dice. Instead announce dice results (all of them) in this thread. You may be getting bonuses that you aren’t aware of…

That’s about it. Good luck and enjoy yourselves.

And remember: Never, ever cut a deal with a dragon…
Herald of Verjigorm
If I had the chance, I would assense the visitors.

In case I can:

1: 2,4,4,4,8,9
2: 1,1,1,3,3,5
3: 1,2,3,5,8,10
4: 1,1,3,4,5,5
5: 1,1,2,3,5,10
6: 1,1,2,3,4,4
Ronin Soul
Okay Herald - first problem - someone's masking them. In other words it's hard to get anything.
You do however note that numbers 3 and 5 and full healthy and both possess cyberware. They display little emotion (obviously professionals). Neither are Awkened.
HMHVV Hunter
I've got some real dice in my dorm room. Can I use those to roll, or do I have to use a program?
HMHVV Hunter
Alright, Gray Fox is going to try to run towards the fence and jump-flip over it, landing on his feet on the other side. Once he's done that, he's going in, Ares Predator III in hand.

Athletics test for the fence in case it's needed (6 dice for skill, plus 2 more for the Synthacardium):

I'll decide what to do next based on your ruling on the die roll results.
Dashifen
I'm a little confused: are we inside or outside the house's compound? I have two scenarios for Angelus in mind.

If we're inside the compound, then he's on the roof. Even in the rain. He's probably pissed off about it, but he's on the roof none the less. He's armed with his bow and arrows and is keeping watch on the compound using his binoculars and under a cloak of improved invisibility and natural hiding ability behind gables or roof structures.

If we're outside the compound: he'll bank on his stealth and invisibility to sneak in the open gate behind the vehicles and enter the compound in this fashion. He'll be armed with his bow and normal arrows (as with the previous).

For his invisibility casting: 04 02 02 02 03 11 02 (2 successes force 3)
For his drain resistance (2M): 01 01 05 01 01 08 02 09 04 (5 successes = no drain)

For the open stealth (sneaking) test he rolls: 4, 4, 9, 4

Let me know which case is the viable one (inside or outside) and I'll make up a nice IC post about it.

-- Dashifen (Angelus) --

Edit: I realized I could download NSRCG to get the information on the spell that I needed.
Dark Scrier
Ok, a few questions. What car am I in? What skill would I use to notice if the Westwinds are modified? Car B/R?

Also, do I have my drones, and if so, are any of my Roto-drones in the air? Hate to be a COMPLETE pain, but you know.
Blitz
Ok. Moira is a support mage. I need to know more about our team in order to act accordingly.

I need to know the following:
1. What is each person's strengths in combat
2. What is each person's archtype (as close as possible)
ie. Im a support mage.
2. Who is our biggest gun
3. Who would be best suited for Moira to hide behind wink.gif

I plan on conjuring a force 5 City Spirit then casting shield on our biggest hitter, and then camoflage on myself. I do not plan on entering the building and will take cover behind one of our vehicles, using my spirit to attack elements outside the home and protect our extraction. All spell pool and sorcery will be allocated as spell defense for our group adjusted to include any NPC's that we should be protecting. Once I know the duties of each member I can prioritize who will be covered on Spell Defense.

When engaging enemy, I will be casting Confusion on any particularily troublesome enemies (Mage is the priority if I can identify him).

Let me know how much of the above will apply and I will create my post to accomodate it.
Cursedsoul
I haven't finished my character yet. I need some resposnes on PMs I've sent Ronin that can affect my skills depending on his answers.

Judging by what I've won so far, I don't think I'll have to scrap my skills and start over...so here's what my character can do as of right now:

Combat involves using whips and pistols. He's got the strength to damage an unarmored person pretty well, and could with some luck on his melee roll, deal a fair share to armored individuals. Barring that he has rating 6 in Tai chi with 3 maneuvers, as well as shock gloves so he can lay the beat down when needed.

When in melee he'll opt for entangling with his whip followed by subduing the opponent through fisticuffs.

Generally he'll rely on his "pistol", which is a modified rifle.

He's got the skills to be a professional medic or electrician (repairman)as he's got a 5 in both Biotech and Electronics B/R.

He's hideously scarred, and although he's got average interrogation skill, he gets a big fat assed bonus to it.

He'll be a support character/look out. He's got masterful skill in stealth and can defintely handle himself in combat (unless my bad die rolls hamper me. nyahnyah.gif).

Generally amiable he's willing to be a lookout/guard so that his condition won't cause a ruckus.

Despite being a frightening, he has a good assortment of buddies.

So, based on this...

Archtype: Street Sam/covert ops

He's got toughness and a body of 9, as well as a good amount of armor, so unless you guys beat ballistics of 8, you can hide behind me just fine. hell, he'd be honoured since he's fascinated by magic-users.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Blitz)
ie. Im a support mage.

1) Angelus's strength is his bow. He's an excellent marksman (rolls 9 dice after adept powers kick in) with his Ranger-X Bow. It doesn't always pack as much punch as the guns, but it's what he's good with. He's also got some illusionary magic that he can toss around including blindness, confusion, improved invis., etc. He also knows Tea Kwon Do and might be able to hold his own in melee, though not for long.

2) Magician Adept/Archer. I think of him almost as a sniper who uses a bow.

2) Not me.

3) Probably not me.
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Blitz)
Ok. Moira is a support mage. I need to know more about our team in order to act accordingly.

ie. Im a support mage.

1. Gunplay, spurs combat
2. Street sam
3. I've got a Predator III in this casee
4. I've got a total body (with Dermal Sheathing) of 8
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Blitz)
Stunball, Lightning bolt, spirits
    ie. Im a support mage.
That little blurr you see out of the corner of your eye, but when you turn to look, you can't see anything
definately not the Satyr
definately not the Satyr

I am currently without my books, and even without dice or my character sheet, so if Ronin would be so kind as to fill in the numbers when I try to act, I will still be able to help.

That in mind, Lycon will apply his usual approach method (slightly adjusted): Cast invis, set up his concealment, run to the house, and leap through an open window if there are any. Once inside, a scan of the situation.

Optimally the above action will be timed so that one of the brutes is making a lot of noise at another entrance.
Ronin Soul
Okay, back after another day of school biggrin.gif (grrr).

First of all, you're *outside* the compund, performing surveillance from an abandoned house opposite the Hammada's house (the caretakers are looking the other way for a small bribe).

Okay, HMHVV, to encourage further good descriptions I'm giving you a bonus stunt dice for the description of your action. Consider it a little taster for the good bonuses you can get...
Gray Fox makes it quite easily, landing with practiced ease on the other side of the fence, his boots sending little droplets of water outwards, lost in the falling rain.

Angelus is invisible and can enter via the gate or over the fence, whichever you prefer.

Dark Scrier: That's all up to you. I would say that roto-drones might be a little too noisy but it's your call. You'd have to get a close look at the cars but yeah a Car B/R or Car Background would be used to identify them.

HMHVV Hunter
Ok, my bonus stunt die reads as follows:

Ok, is it dark in the house from where my character can see? If so, he's activating thermo on his cybereyes. If not, he's staying in normal vision mode.
Blitz
Sorcery Test for Armor Spell

Force 6
Sorcery Dice 6
Bonus Dice for Totem 2
Spell Pool 2
TN 6

17 : 9 : 8 : 7 : 7 : 5 : 5 : 3 : 1 : 1

Drain Resistance

+2M = 5M
Willpower 6
Spell Pool 4

8 : 7 : 5 : 5 : 4 : 3 : 2 : 2 : 2 : 1

No drain. Should be 5 success on Armor (unless there are bonuses)

Conjuring - Force 5 City Spirit

Conjuring: 6

7 : 5 : 5 : 4 : 1 : 1

3 services.
1: Conceal my team and those we protect whenever they are in your domain. (anytime they are outdoors).
2: Confuse any enemies of ours as they enter your domain
3: Holding this service for later use.

Drain: (I've forgotten the drain for Conjuring. Here is my roll...you'll have to let me know if I've taken stun damage)

Charisma: 6

10 : 7 : 5 : 4 : 2 : 1

After these are cast and conjured, she will reallocate her spell pool and sorcery in it's entirety to spell defense

Also: Note I forgot on my character sheet.
1. Her languages should be English, GAELIC and Russian not English, French and Russian.
2. Her Flashback trigger is fire, especially Magickal Fire.
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, Fox has the following things on him at the moment:

-Ares Predator III (with silencer attached)
-3 Clips (including the one in the gun already)
-Armor Clothing
HMHVV Hunter
Another thing in Fox's character history:

His flashback trigger is something that looks like an amoral corporate black op (cloning tanks, human experiments, stuff along those lines).
Cursedsoul
Yo...Ronin. Any hope on my PMs? I kind of needed a response YESTERDAY! frown.gif

I'll post with what I have so far, but my gear is definitely not complete just so you know. Skills should remain the same but could see minor tweaking.
Cursedsoul
HA! DOUBLE POST! *Dances around wildly*

Ahem...My die rolls.

Electronics test for use of shotgun Mic: 2, 2, 2, 3, 4 (DAMMIT!)
Electronics test for use of Micro-Camcorder (assuming its got sufficient zoom capabilities): 31, 5, 5, 1, 1

Now seeing as I doubt you'll accept that 31 (Hell, I was shocked), I'll re-roll it: 5. Use this if you don't trust that 31 (and believe me I was very nearly dropped dead just now)

Athletics test for sliding down ladder: 4, 4, 5

If you need one for running to the house: 1, 4, 9

If I need to roll perception to pick up anything on the microphone: 2, 2, 4, 4, 5

I have perceptive, so this test is a -1TN.
Herald of Verjigorm
I have no dice:

Invis spell: full sorcery, no spell pool
drain: willpower only

Force 4 storm spirit: conjuring skill only
drain: charisma and totem

services:
strike down any who are our enemies (those 6 I almost assensed), as often as possible
Ronin Soul
Sorry about that Cursedsoul! Seriously!

My Internet time has been severely curtailed for the next 3 days (I'll be able to go on once a day).

Cursedsoul: Due to what can only be called a one-in-a-million fluke, you've gotten footage of how these intruders have split into 2 teams of 3. One team seems to have remained on the first floor whilst the other has gone up the stairs.

Herald: Do you want we to roll for you?
(I don't see Invisibility in your spell list? Is that a mistake?)
The Storm Spirit has 2 services and you take no drain. It manifests before you as a crack of thunder that sounds much closer than any before you've heard tonight.
Herald of Verjigorm
I have improved invis unless I am mistaken, thanks for the rolls.
I will have my resources again in a few days, until then I don't even have dice to roll.
2 services, splendid. As I stated, I just want it to provide as much cover fire (innate lightning spells work well) as possible with the two services. Whether it will be able to help while the fighting is indoors is your call.

Also, heal spell on the wounded guard, half spell pool for casting and half for drain.
Ronin Soul
HMHVV Hunter: That shot I mentioned firing in the IC thread was pure creative liscence, so don't bother reducing your ammo by 1. It was for dramatic effect.
I hope I didn't railroad too much in that bit either.
Also, as long as Fox is "beserk" He gets +2 to his combat pool but is at -2 to all social related stuff. That's a reward for interesting character development.
Cursedsoul
I figured there was a reason. Its not really a big deal for me so long as you don't mind me playing with an incomplete character.

Do you need me to state what I have on my character at the moment?

Stealth Test for sneaking around trying to find the first floor's goons:

7, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4

Perception test (at -1TN remember) to spot the goons when I find them:

4, 4, 4, 1, 1

Reaction Test in case I/Goons surprise the other:

4, 4, 2, 2, 1

Just want to make sure: I'm not at any penalties if I decide to use either the whip or the pistol.
Dashifen
Is there anyone by the vehicles when I get there?
Ronin Soul
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Is there anyone by the vehicles when I get there?

There is no one by the vehicles. However they are locked and probably have anti-intruder equipment.
Cursedsoul
I hate people I can't see....

Note: If this cyberterminal is only workable with a datajack, then ignore the appropriate tests and inform me so I can modify my post accordingly, since I do not own a datajack.

Electronics Test to see if I can get the terminal working again (Unless you require of me Electronics B/R, at which point I believe I need to default to intelligence since I don't have it...):

11, 8, 5, 5, 3

Electronics Test to see if I can get any potential security cameras can spot the intruders:

19, 5, 3, 1, 1

Perception Test to see if I actually NOTICE said intruders:

11, 10, 5, 5, 4

Magic Background Test to see if I might know just what the HELL this guy did to make himself invisible:

11, 5, 1

What would I roll to see if this could possibly be Ruthenium Polymers? Or can I simply think it all I want?

Biotech Test to see if I can ascertain cause and time of death (all the while hoping the bullet to the brain is all I need to worry about):

22 (!!!!!), 5, 4, 2, 2

Medicine Complimentary Test is applicable:

5, 4, 3, 1

Magic Background Complimentary Test if applicable:

4, 2, 1

When I'm done with all this, I'm listening intently for footsteps/crunching glass/any aural indication of where the perp might be.

Perception test to do the above: 8, 2, 2, 2, 1

I'll continue my sneaking around, so if you need me to roll it:

15, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1,

*prays his luck with the dice tonight will keep his ass alive*
Herald of Verjigorm
Drek, I have a few great ideas of how to save the girl, but I can't remember the rules well enough to know if they'll work.

a. Do hearth spirits have accident and guard, or only one of those?
b. Can accident be aimed at an inanimate object as small as a gun?
c. How does guard defend against magical attacks?

I'll have my books and dice again in under 24 hours, but I will have another chance to post before then.
Cursedsoul
A) Yes. They have Accident and Guard. They also get Concealment, Confusion, Materialization, Search.

B) Doesn't mention it. You'd need to aim it something with essence, so that rules out inanimate objects I believe. My guess is you can influence what happens, such as "he trips on his shoelaces" but not "he trips on his shoelaces and falls into that vat of boiling acid".

C) Guard doesn't protect against magical attacks. It prevents Accident from being used on you and from natural accidents as well. It only influences things within the terrain it controls.

You can ue Confusion and hope it causes him to think his gun is a lollipop. biggrin.gif

What about materializing the spirit right behind him or something? Nothing like "BOO!" coming from behind to throw you off balance. wink.gif

Hope I helped. Sorry if I didn't. frown.gif
HMHVV Hunter
Rolling initiative for Fox (4 dice):

2, 2, 3, 4

Plus his Reaction of 9, that's an Initiative total of 20.
Ronin Soul
I hope all your questions have been answered Herald (and not by me biggrin.gif )

Cursedsoul
Just a reminder: I need you to send me my background. I lost it when I had to format my hard drive a couple days back.

ASAP would be helpful so I can refresh myself as to his history.
Blitz
My understanding of the accident power was that it wouldn't CAUSE an accident, but would mean automatic failure if your opponants had to roll to prevent one (ie. make a drive test, athletics test etc.)
Dark Scrier
Here's my list of gear: I brought the westwind (for carrying capacity), with a roto-drone in the drone rack, as well as the Steel Lynx in the car if it will fit.

Wearing the formfit armor under ordinary clothing, which is about the length of it.

I did the roll to check the other westwinds for mods and variants.

Car B/R: 5, 3, 4

Cursedsoul
My interpretation is that Accident actively creates one for you to avoid.

It says that a character hit with the accident power must make a quickness/intelligence (whichever is greater) test with a TN equal to the caster's essence. Fail and they lose their next iniative pass.

IE: Try to fire your gun. You need to roll quickness/intelligence and if you fail, you drop it and spend the turn picking it up. Just an example of course.

Personally, as a GM I'd expand accident's abilities a bit to include making the target look foolish. It kind of implies it, but doesn't state it directly.
Blitz
Also, I cannot make much in the way of IC posts on the weekends normally. My only access to the net is at work or at a friends house. Just an FYI for the future.

Also, I dont have my character sheet here so Im not sure of my skills or abilities.

That said, Moira doesn't like going in and will avoid the combat if possible. She will wait by the vehicles for when her team exits and help in their escape.
Herald of Verjigorm
Stealth test: 2,2,2,3,8
Conjuring test (force 6 hearth spirit): 1,3,4,8,11
2 services unless I am missing some penalties
1: Confuse power on any of those 6 who are still in this house
2: retained for now

Drain resist: 3,4,5,11

I have my dice back biggrin.gif . If I am acting too quickly compared to other story portions, just announce my results when it occurs.
Cursedsoul
Just so you know, I'm going to be looking for the intruders on the first floor until someone taps me on the shoulder/smacks me/etc and tells me to do otherwise or I succeed in finding them/getting found by them and get in a fight.
Dark Scrier
Ok, here's the rolls for my looking at the car.

Depending on what you're doing for him to examine the car locks:

Car B/R: 10, 2, 2
Electronics 2, 13, 5, 2

Ok, then, once I've seen what the deal with the locks are, I'll probably try and break in, assuming the locks are fairly normal. Again, which roll depends on the type of locks.

Car B/R: 4, 1, 4
Electronics: 5, 1, 7, 5

For those who aren't rolling *ACTUAL* dice, does the NSRCG dice roller seem to be coming up a little high to anyone else?
Cursedsoul
*twiddles his thumbs idly*

Are we all waiting for Ronin to post? I know I am.
HMHVV Hunter
Yeah me too; i need him to roll initiative for the MiB.
Cursedsoul
If only I knew where lived so I could kidnap him and force him at spoon point to post... wink.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Cursedsoul)
If only I knew where lived so I could kidnap him and force him at spoon point to post... wink.gif

Travel ten time zones following the sun.
Cursedsoul
FOLLOWING the sun?!

*slaps forehead*

I was travelling AWAY from it...argh!
Dark Scrier
I'll do it for $20 and a free spoon.
Cursedsoul
Will Monopoly Money and a plastic one work? I'm cheap and those are easily stolen.
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, does anyone talk to him regularly on AIM? Have his e-mail address?

I don't want this game dead when it's already getting good.
Dark Scrier
Yeah. I'm cool with that, I'll give you an address to mail the cash and spoon to later.

He's been posting around the forums, so I'm fairly certain he's still alive.
Ronin Soul
Yeah, sorry about that guys. It's hard to explain why I dropped out like that but basically it comes down to me suffering from autism and being well... autistic.

But I'm back now! biggrin.gif

BTW I'm on MSN at afraid_of_the_darke@hotmail.com if you want to talk to me that way.
Dark Scrier
Ahh, fair enough.

Ok, I'm going to roll electronics or Car B/R, whatever you want for trying to bypass the alarm, or whatever it is. If I know that Angelus is more suited to it, I'll defer to his ability for the sake of trying to get into the car.

Car B/R: 4, 8, 4
Electronics: 2, 15, 3, 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012