Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: To Fight A Dragon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Shadow
Hi, I just had a great idea and I thought I would make a game.

Premise:
High Power, Low realism

Rules:
125 BP, no avail or rating cap.

Karma:Add 400 Karma after creation. You can exchange Karma for cash at a rate of 1 Karma = 5,000

Cash:
20 Million. Thats right 20 million. Money can be exchanged for Karma at a rate of 100,000 to 1.

I am reserving a couple of spots for players I like. Other than that I will take the first 4 people who sign up.

Have fun smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
Dude... I am so all over this! Dibs on a magician!!! (Probably Belfast, a Celtic Wujen-type.)
Ecclesiastes
I'm on it.
Whizbang
Should be interesting.
Shadow
Delta and Cultured bioware is in as is access to a Delta clinic. With the exception of Jet fighters, Navy Destroyers, and Cybermancy, anything goes.
Ecclesiastes
*tosses out his Rigger idea*

Man! I wanted a Railgun!

wink.gif
Ol' Scratch
Bah, just buy one and strap it to the back of the quasi-cyberzombie we'll doubtfully have. Give him some of those Snake Eye implants and you can even work him into your drone network. biggrin.gif
Tanka

Shadow, I love you.

I'mma disappear for a few days on this one...

Firstly... Books allowed?

Secondly, Initiation is fine, I assume?

Thirdly... PhysMages?

I did read the "anything goes" bit, but I'm just making sure you aren't forgetting anything.
Ecclesiastes
This wouldn't be at all related to the other thread you started earlier, would it? smile.gif
Tanka
Well, duh.

Those of us posting in it may just be creating our own demise, heheh.
Ecclesiastes
I'll be re-creating an old character of mine. Taizi, the Crowned Prince of Xioming. A Tiger Shapeshifter that was born in the jungles of China and raised in a monistary. The temple was attacked and destroyed by a group of Toxic Shamans. Taizi then killed the shamans, one by one. He is a very powerful Physical Adept.
Digital Heroin
Sweeet mother of crap... the possibilities, oh the possibilities... *ponders* I wonder if it's possible to make a Troll that could go toe to toe with a Dragon with his fists...
Tanka
More than likely. Access to Delta, 20mil...

I may scrap the PhysAd idea and just Delta out a Troll. I'll play around.

A lot.

Heee....
Toptomcat
I'm on it with a Face from Hell.
I will be more intelligent and better-connected than the dragon himself. Bet on it.
Ol' Scratch
I've pretty much settled on another character I played, too, but completely reborn under these guidelines. Belfast, a human adept magician with a focus on spirits and magic over adept powers (Commanding Voice will be about the only one I take).
Digital Heroin
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of an Adept... anyone who was arround for Blitzkreig should know my love of troll adepts... but a more speed oriented death dealer might work too.... oh the possibilities... hell, provided I could iron out the details of the metamagic, I could even revise one of my oft failed in execution signature characters, Ms. Kara O'Riley...
Sabosect
I assume you still have a slot open?

If so, I'm grabbing the decker slot. I have in mind what I call the Decker from Hell. It'll take me at least a day just to craft his cyberdeck. And that is just the tip of the iceburg.
Ecclesiastes
I was thinking of doing a Decker, but then I went... wait... Dragon... need to hurt it, not Deck it.

Actually, I was gunna do an Otaku / Rigger... *drool*
Tanka
Rigger would be fun to do by itself... But that's a lot of fragging money...

Wait, heh, Rigger, money, karma, heh.
Sabosect
Here's my question: Where is the dragon? We may need a decker just to get in. That, and how many deckers do you name that craft their own assault rifles and carry miniguns for the fun of it?
Ol' Scratch
We got the cash. Just take Fastjack as a Level 3 contact. silly.gif
Sabosect
Just to make sure I have this right, as my source containing the BP system had an accident: Basically, the attributes cost double and the total cost is cumulative?
Tanka
Three concepts rolling around...

1) Rigger with insane drones (and by insane I mean military level, armored to hell, armed to hell, and all that jazz).

2) Adept with mad Initiations (cheesey, but meh. We're fighting a dragon here, folks).

3) Troll melee fiend with a lot of cyberware and bioware (mainly delta/cultured).

The first will take the most time, the second will take a lot of tweaking, and the third is really overdone.

So here I am, thinking. And thinking.

The Rigger will probably win... But the other two just look so fun.
Ol' Scratch
Sabosect, here's the basics of the 3rd Edition BP system...

Basic Races: Human 0, Dwarf and Ork 5, Elf and Troll 10.
Magic: Full Magician or Adept Magician 30, Aspected Magician or Adept 25.
Attributes: 2 BP per Attribute Point (normal max of 60 BPs; see Shadow for exceptions).
Skills: 1 BP per Skill Point (normal max of 50 BPs).
Resources: -5 for 500 nuyen, 0 for 5,000, 5 for 20,000, 10 for 90,000, 15 for 200,000, 20 for 400,000, 25 for 650,000, and 30 for 1,000,000.
Edges & Flaws: Up to five of each, net total of both can be up to +/-6 BP (but there's no limit on their individial totals, so you could have +30/-24, for instance).
Sabosect
Hmm. I seem to have gotten it confused with the karma system. Again.

I swear, if I find out which cat decided that book was a chewtoy...
Tanka
I've had that before, except my room ate it, not an animal.

I've shown pictures of my room around different forums. It makes people cry.

Toying with the Rigger... Extra-Large Walkers seem like a nice choice. Can make it around most obstacles, good load and CF, so-on and so-forth.
Digital Heroin
Gaaaah... too many ideas... brain... melting...
Tanka
I hear you there. 400 karma is too much to pass up. Ever.
Digital Heroin
And the timing is perfect... 2064 has rekindled my love of the Adept... and with the new powers I could create one heck of an acrobatic fighting wonder... toss in the Attunement metamagic and we're talking carazy...
Tanka
I have yet to pick it up. It sucks being a poor college kid. frown.gif
Digital Heroin
I'm what the Navy terms a "rich" Ordinary Seaman... which doesn't make me rich, but I can buy a book or two a paycheque, or a game, and still keep to my standard $10 left in the account come payday... not only is the book awsome on content, but I'm mentioned... or rather I make a comment... not directly, but it's tres cool...
Tanka
Nice.

I've got bus fare, foodstuffs, cable internet (hey, a guy's gotta have some luxuries), and saving up for books for next semester.

Maybe once I hit $300 for books and a good bit of backup I'll drop by Stiggybaby's.
Shadow
Okay, so

Doc
Ecce
Whiz
Tanka
Digital Herion

Are in for sure.

Toptomcat
Sabosect

You guys are in if I like what I see. But I don't see how a Decker and a Face are going to do you much good in fighting a dragon.

Just to clarify things a little,

No custom weapons or equipment. All books (3rd ed at least) are in. Initiation, is of course, allowed. Lets not have a team of phys add mages though, I am not big on those.

I have one invitation sitting on the shelf but other than that the game is closed.
Tanka
No custom includes vehicles?

If so... Gonna have to toy around some more.
Ol' Scratch
No custom as in, no accessories or additions (smartlinks, runflat tires, whatever)? Or no custom as in nothing built from the ground up (killer ultra walker robot of death)?

Any weapons or gear allowed from Raygun's site or the like?
Tanka
If yes to custom vehicles... Would you allow 6 Extra-Large Walkers to carry a platform that has a railgun (or other naval weapon) on it? devil.gif
Ol' Scratch
Any Body 6 vehicle can mount a Heavy Railgun... and anything with a Body of 4 can mount a Medium Railgun. Dunno why you guys make 'em out to be bigger than that. smile.gif

I mean, a cargo helicopter or heavy tilt-wing could mount a Heavy Railgun with ease... it's just that we usually don't have access to the fun toys. biggrin.gif
Tanka
True enough... I just thought I remembered reading a rule that it needed a hull value (which is Bod 20, I think) to mount naval weapons.

God... Drones with Medium Railguns... I shudder to think...
Ol' Scratch
If I remember correctly, Naval Weapons are their own classification on the turret weapon value table in Rigger 3. There's even a railgun mounted on an Aztechnology vehicle (a vector-thrust one I think) in the book.

Ooh, vector-thrust aircraft. Another toy we usually don't get access to. <drools insanely at the idea of a heavily armored one>
Toptomcat
That's easy.
Face's role: Convince the dragon that we're friends long enough to get in close, call in backup, subvert dragon's organization.
Decker's role: Redirect an ICBM or something equally drastic
Shadow
You can customize vehicles and weapons, and you can build your vehicles from scratch, but no guns from scratch.
Sabosect
When you see this decker, you'll understand. Decking is not his only skill, nor the one he'll use the most in a fight against a dragon.

The ICBM thing isn't too far off the mark of how hard he'll hit. In fact, I think I'll name him that.
Toptomcat
Timothy "God" O'Connor
Race: Elf
Attributes:
Str: 6
Body: 6
Quickness: 7
Intelligence: 9
Willpower: 10
Charisma: 13
Essence: 3.475
Combat Pool: 13
Karma Pool: 20
Reaction: 8
Initiative: 8 + 1d6
Magic: 0
Task Pool (C. Boost:) 1
Task Pool (Enceph:) 2
Bio Index: 2.6

Edges:
Bonus Attribute Point (Intelligence)
Bonus Attribute Point (Willpower)
Bonus Attribute Point (Charisma)
Exceptional Attribute (Intelligence)
Exceptional Attribute (Willpower)
Exceptional Attribute (Charisma)
Good Looking and Knows It
Aptitude (Negotiation)
Aptitude (Etiquette)
Aptitude (Leadership)
College Education
Photographic Memory
Technical School Education
Friendly Face
Good Reputation 2
Magic Resistance 4
Poor Link

Skills:
Etiquette 13
Negotiation 13
Leadership 13
Pistols 7
Every book-listed Street, Academic, and Sixth World Knowledge 5...as well as Fourth World 5.
Russian 6
R/W Russian 3
English 6
R/W English 3
Japanese 6
R/W Japanese 3
Chinese 6
R/W Chinese 3
Swedish 6
R/W Swedish 3
Spanish 6
R/W Spanish 3
French 6
R/W French 3
German 3
R/W German 1

Equipment:
Custom Heavy Pistol: Damage 9M, Mode SA/BF, Conc 7, Wt 3.15, Ammo 10©.
Undetectable by MAD systems
Laser sight
Integral silencer
In gun: clip of 10 capsule rounds with Cutter nanites and DMSO+Cyanide
One of g**damn everything under 50,000 Nuyen in the core book, Man and Machine, and Cannon Companion.

Weapon of Mass Destruction:
1000 kilo Rating 25 FAE w/Timed detonator (in plane)

Cyberware:
Deltagrade Datajack (.1 Essence)
Deltagrade Ear Mods: Dampener, Hearing Amp, Hi-Freq, Low-Freq, Select Sound Filter lvl5 (.45 Essence)
Deltagrade Retina Mods: Image Link, Flare Comp, Retinal Clock, Rating 10 Retinal Duplication, Thermographic, Electronic 3 Mag, Microscopic Vision, Ultrasound Vision (.65 Essence)
Deltagrade Chemical Analyzer and Gas Spectrometer w/built-in Rating 14 Chemistry program (.1 Essence)
Deltagrade Internal GPS with integral insanely detailed map of the world (.05 Essence)
Deltagrade Orientation System (.125 Essence)
Deltagrade Spatial Recognizer (.1 Essence)
Deltagrade Rating 20 Olfactory Booster (.1 Essence)
Deltagrade Rating 2 Encephalon (.75 Essence)
Deltagrade Math SPU (.1 Essence)
Note: all cyberware have Cyberware Repair Units

Cyberware abilities:
Protected from sudden increases in sound level and damageing frequencies. Can hear as though 10x closer to all sound sources. Can hear high and low frequency sounds. +5 dice to listening Perception tests. Use +10 dice to determine if hearing is blocked by a White Noise generator.
Vision mods for glare eliminated, video images can be displayed piped in from datajack, thermo vision, can magnify vision in the same manner as a Rating 3 scope, detail within 15cm can be magnified up to 1000x (upshot: fine manipulation of tiny objects gets a -2 TN mod.) All visibility mods are reduced by half.
+20 dice to all smell-based Perception Tests: +6 dice to all taste-based Perception tests
Any chemical can be anylized merely by touching it or smelling it: it is anylized with a Chemistry Skill of 16 (average TN 4, 6+ for exotic compounds).
When able to receive GPS data, able to pinpoint location to within 2m or so with a cool and detailed overlaid map.
-5 TN to all hearing-based Perception Tests when trying to track something by listening for movement.
+3 to Intelligence when determining new skill costs
6-die Complementary Math Skill to all math-related tests

Bioware:
Cultured Tailored Pheremones level 2 (.45 Bio Index)
Cerebral Booster level 2 (.8 Bio Index)
Mnemonic Enhancer 3 (.6 Bio Index)
Sleep Regulator (.3 Bio Index)
Cultured Chemical Gland (internal release: Rock Lizard Blood) (.45 Bio Index)
Note: all Bioware has Bioware Regenerators installed

Bioware abilities:
+4 dice to social skills and Charisma tests when within 30 meters
+3 dice to memory-related intelligence tests
+3 dice to Language Skill tests
+3 modifier instead of +4 for defaulting from a Knowledge skill to Intelligence
-3 Karma cost for learning/improving skills
Only 3-4 hours of sleep/night needed: can stay awake for 48 hours without modifiers.
Immunity to pathogens and poisons
+1 TN to all healing tests

Vehicle:
E-D Mystral private plane

Lifestyle:
Permanantly bought High lifestyle (penthouse suite in a swanky hotel...with Phlanix gun on the roof)
12x 2 months Middle lifestyle (bolt-holes in various countries, well-stocked and guarded)

Contacts:
Level 3:
Harlequin: reclusive Immortal Elf mage famed in SR canon
FastJack: hottest decker of them all
Picador: leader of mercenary squad, former XO of Matador, who wrote Fields of Fire
Ryan Mercury: The Sixth World's first Drake and a uber-physad
Ryoi Shiawase: Owns 10% of Shiawase and is a family member
Nakahira Musashi: Elder of Japan's last surviving Ninja clan, an initiatory group of physmages
Billy: Strongest known (Force 12) free spirit: takes the form of a piece of modern art in the MOMA for unknown reasons, but has others...
CERVA-004: Cyberzombie who escaped Aztlan and retired to become a sushi chef. Timothy provides his upkeep.
John Matthias, currant Pope
Puppet-Master: anime-loving AI currantly loose in the systems of the UCAS military
"The Mad Arab", borderline insane international gunrunner
Too many Level 2s and 1s to list...

History/Personality:
He is God. Through an incredibly subtle array of trust funds, dummy corps, and aliases he owns a good 5% of the world. Any attempt to look up his history will trigger an inexplicable and rapid wasting disease, whether they try it on the Matrix or on the streets. He is the Masons, the Illuminati, the Guy in the Back Room What Runs Everything all rolled up into one.
And he shadowruns...so long as it amuses him...
Toptomcat
silly.gif That was fun.
Ol' Scratch
That abuse of the rules for edges and flaws alone just made baby Jesus cry.
Shadow
Toptomcat,

I'm not sure how to take that. If that is the character you are submitting I am afraid I am going to have to pass. But maybe next time.
Digital Heroin
I'm just scared that God is named "Tim"...

And equally scared by the fact that 3/4 of my budget is going to a single item.
Tashio
Hmm I'll toss together a mage or magical adept this evening once I'm home.
Toptomcat
Oh, well. It was worth it just to write "Weapon of Mass Destruction" on a character sheet.
Sabosect
Okay, suddenly I don't feel so bad about the minigun.

I have one question before I get to work on purchasing his weaponry and items: How much customization of cyberdecks do you allow?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012