Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it possible to hack a human?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FXcalibur
A friend told me he might start a new SR game. I'm still not exactly in the mood for SR, but he said he was willing to allow unusual ideas as long as they were fun.

I envisioned a sort of athletic hacker, who'd be focused primarily in stealth and tech disciplines. Probably sneak up on an enemy or flip through the air towards him, grapple him then connect directly to his mind via datajack. This same ghost hacker would jump onto the top of a tank or drone, tear/shoot off the circuitry plating and take it over with a datajack connection.

I've almost completely forgotten everything about SR, so I was wondering if such a concept was canonically possible. And if not, anyone got a good alternative?
Fortune
You might be interested in this thread.
Snow_Fox
In general no, because people don't have control functions attached to their jacks. What you might be able to do is mess with their thoughts. One of the SR novels included someone being tortured by plugging her jack in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012