Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New on DVD today
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zolhex
This movie was listed as new today at Blockbuster.

The movie is called Pursued.

Slaters character is a headhunter (the corporate kind).

The plot In a nut shell corp a wants corp b's head of widgets so they get Slaters character Vince Palmer to get the employee to switch corps.

Vince will do this anyway he can secretly, bribes, threats, wet work it don't matter to him.

When employee says kill my wife and kid and Vince says no prob employee is like oh crap now I'm in way too deep.

So I read this and as I was reading I just saw this picture of a Shadowrunner who works mainly in extractions and thought I'd let it be known that the movie was out there.

After the movie I'll give my review of it.

Sorry if I miss spelled anything
Crimson Jack
Uh... let's hope this movie has more to do with Shadowrun than how that *other* movie thread turned out. I think the last thing I remember reading, before rolling my eyes, was how Shrek was about a runner trying to get squatters off his property.
GrinderTheTroll
Does that mean the girl from band camp qualifies as a Rocker?
Zolhex
Ok first the band camp thing that is so wrong on so many levels. By the way if you haven't heard they are making America Pie:Band Camp Stiflers brother is going to camp.

As to the movie....

[ Spoiler ]
Solstice
the band camp girl is hotness
Crimson Jack
Interesting new sig, Solstice. What's that from?
Fortune
QUOTE (Solstice)

Drool!

She was even better as pre-lesbian Willow in Buffy (not that post-lesbian Willow was bad either).
Fortune
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Interesting new sig, Solstice. What's that from?

It's from the third post in this thread.
DrJest
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Solstice @ Dec 22 2004, 02:34 PM)

Drool!

She was even better as pre-lesbian Willow in Buffy (not that post-lesbian Willow was bad either).

Are we perchance discussing Alyson 'FHM's 100 Sexiest' Hannigan here? Mrrowwwrrr...
Fortune
Yep! *still drooling*
DrJest
Nice to see other people out there share my Willow-fetish love.gif

I was always in the minority round my way - everyone raved about Sarah Michelle Gellar, Charisma Carpenter, or in one case Eliza Dushku (well... okay, he's got a point there, but still).
Austere Emancipator
For crying out loud, they are all incredibly good-looking. Anyone who just goes on about one of them is either blind or insane.

http://www.smgfan.com/picsmain.php
http://www.alysonhannigancorner.com/gallery.html
http://www.charisma-carpenter.com/pics/
http://www.elizadushkuonline.com/html_gall...ries/index.html

I'm sick and tired of people calling some of the most beautiful people on earth anything other than beautiful. Especially when you've got people like Kate Moss whose looks to ridicule (at least she has made herself that ugly).
Arethusa
Glad to see this thread did, in fact, turn out to be more Shadowrun related than the last movie thread.
Fortune
It is possible to 'go on' about one without denegrating the others. Note that this is what I was doing. wink.gif

That being said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and frankly, looks aren't everything. These may be cliches, but there cliches for a reason.

I do not drool over Alyson Hannigan the person. I don't know her! My attraction is more from the combination of her girl-next-door looks and bubbly personality that she displays in her role as Willow. I think she's a little slutty in American Pie, and so don't find her as attractive when picturing her in that role.

Buffy is nice, but I'm too much of a control freak to fantasize about her in a satisfactory manner. I have yet to see her in a role that comes to close to enticing me the way the character Willow as portrayed by Alyson Hannigan does.

The others only evoke visions of supreme airheadedness, which is something I never find attractive. Willow borders on displaying this dubious quality, but tempers it effectively with the cuteness factor.

This concludes your seasonal trip into the unique psyche of Dumpshock's most prolific poster ... a man that has no life. Donations cheerfully accepted.
Fortune
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Glad to see this thread did, in fact, turn out to be more Shadowrun related than the last movie thread.

Willow is Shadowrun-related. She's a Witch! She's cute! Totally on-topic! nyahnyah.gif
Garland
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
For crying out loud, they are all incredibly good-looking. Anyone who just goes on about one of them is either blind or insane.

I dunno. Gellar's nose is kinda off-putting.
GaiasWrath8
Ummm, sorry to interupt, but how was that movie?
Zolhex
I liked the movie GaiasWrath8 I posted a spoiler with my review of it check it out.
GaiasWrath8
Cool, I think I will pick that up tonight. Thanks.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 21 2004, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Dec 22 2004, 02:47 PM)
Interesting new sig, Solstice.  What's that from?

It's from the third post in this thread.

The stuff below the quote in the sig. wink.gif
Zen Shooter01
I'd kill three of my best friends in exchange for Eliza Dushku.

By the way, William Gibson calls the extraction business "the skull wars". I always liked that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012