Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alter Memory
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
draco aardvark
My players kidnaped a Fedex guy and took his clothes and truck. Rather than kill him, they decided to make him think something happened to him. One idea was "you're a bum, you've lived in this alleyway all your life"
Can they alter 45 years of memory in a minute? I ruled that they only had the initial 3 seconds of spellcasting to describe what gets changed, but wanted to see what others did.
Kagetenshi
Keep in mind that every meaningful reminder of someone's pre-altered memories offers another chance to resist, and that the resistances stack over time. I'd allow it, but it would probably only last as long as it took someone to find him and have a short conversation.

~J
Sandoval Smith
No absolutely not. Can't be done. The spell description says that it allows you to alter a single memory. I would allow a single memory to encompass short time period, maybe two hours or so, depending on what happened (if they spent all afternoon bound and blindfolded in a chair, I'd call that whole experince one memory). Even if the runners somehow managed to cast it twenty times in that minute, they would be no where near making someone forget their whole life. They could've made the Fex Ex guy forget being mugged by the runners, so he would 'wake up' dazed and confused, wondering why he's naked in an alley.
BGMFH
A single memory is a mental "scene" define as you will
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012