Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secret's Revealed
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Well first off, let's try not to make this a spoiler for players, or an exhibit of all the neat stuff in the books that Fanpro would be pissed at me for showing.

This is just a nice little place for conspiracys. Fun stuff like who really killed Dunkelzhan, and more importantly, if you know the answer, where it can be found.

Let's go for a list try a top ten:
1) who killed Dunkelzhan?
2) What is the Deep Resonance?
3) Why did the matrix in Seattle crash for 12 minutes in 2060?
4) What happened between Lowfyr and the elves of the Tir to make him quit the council?
5) What happened to the members of Echo Mirage (besides the two that make the cyberdeck public)
6) What was in the box the the Big D bequeathed to Jaun Atzacapotzalco of Aztechnology that he opened on the Day of the Dead? PofD
7) The contents of the steel boxes left in trust to Nadja Daviar to hold for George Fenamore or his descendants. PofD
cool.gif The history between the elven rulers of the respective Tir's
9) The fate of Excalibur.
10) The source of the Crash Virus.

For some starters, here's some sources for some answers
1) The Dragon Heart Trilogy
3) the novel Psychotrope

I have some theories on others, such as #5
one is Alice, now a Ghost in the machine, one is now Damien KNight, formerly David Gavilian, and... of course... Fastjack.

Any ideas on some of these? Please, post away. I have a standing karma bounty in my game for answers to these.

Cain
For #7, there's only one other canon reference to a similar box that I know of. It's discussed in the opening to the original Harelquin adventure.
Kagetenshi
[ Spoiler ]

~J
Johnny Reb
1) Dunk-Assisted Suicide to stop the Horrors. We don't acknowledge the Cyberzombie refuge.

3) This one's also in Target: Matrix. smile.gif Is that an Echo?

4) Lof was given Oakforest's son by ... uh. I dunno who. BUT! He was given the lil' Immortal brat and then promptly ate him. Not sure why this made him then leave (He was only there for a snack in the first place? Dunno!) Oakforest will probably join Spinrad over this.

5) Seven members lived, right? Two invented the Cyberdeck, Damian Knight is one, Fastjack another, Lucien Cross, President Haefner, and Thomas Roxburough. Alice didn't quite make it. smile.gif

6) Now THAT'S the 64,000Y question, now isn't it?

9) King Arthur has it.

10) Microsoft, attacking Wal-Mart. smile.gif

-- Johnny Reb
BitBasher
several people have corroberated that Fastjack was not in echo mirage, but IIRC Leonard Aurelius was.
mfb
kagetenshi's answer #4 amuses me greatly.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Johnny Reb)
5) Seven members lived, right? Two invented the Cyberdeck, Damian Knight is one, Fastjack another, Lucien Cross, President Haefner, and Thomas Roxburough. Alice didn't quite make it. smile.gif

1. No one knows if Fastjack was a member of EM. Strangely enough, no one asked him in T:M.

2. Kyle Haeffner was a lawyer, not a decker, with no ostensible ties to being a member of EM.

Otherwise, these have all been beaten to death long ago. try the search function. I hear it works, sometimes.
Jrayjoker
These are answers per canon, what about some wild and crazy speculative fictions?
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jan 4 2005, 01:37 PM)
These are answers per canon, what about some wild and crazy speculative fictions?

Didn't read some of my answers, I take it? smile.gif

QUOTE (mfb)
kagetenshi's answer #4 amuses me greatly.

Thanks grinbig.gif

~J
Crimsondude 2.0
Indeed. But there is a difference between wild speculation and uninformed nonsense.
Kagetenshi
Uninformed nonsense, eh? Try this on for size: not only was the inaugural ball Dunkie was leaving held by the Mrs. Grundland's Peanut Butter Cookie company, he also found the recipe important enough to leave someone in his will for safeguarding. Perhaps he was foiling someone who wanted it back?

My nonsense is quite well informed, thank you very much smile.gif

~J
Jrayjoker
Crimson, did you happen to notice the first word in your last post, then compare it to your .sig?

Should I trust you?
Crimsondude 2.0
No.
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
::lights the Ancient History signal::
Ancient History
Heh.

1) who killed Dunkelzhan?

Dunkie. Dragonheart Trilogy, as noted.

2) What is the Deep Resonance?
3) Why did the matrix in Seattle crash for 12 minutes in 2060?
5) What happened to the members of Echo Mirage (besides the two that make the cyberdeck public)
10) The source of the Crash Virus.
4) What happened between Lowfyr and the elves of the Tir to make him quit the council?

Generally seen as either an agreement 'tween L and Hestaby, or L noticing shite about to hit the fan and getting out of dodge. No canon statement just yet.

6) What was in the box the the Big D bequeathed to Jaun Atzacapotzalco of Aztechnology that he opened on the Day of the Dead? PofD
7) The contents of the steel boxes left in trust to Nadja Daviar to hold for George Fenamore or his descendants. PofD

No idea. Rumor says the box may have freed Juan from the control of AZT's head honcho...or contained a spirit that possessed him.

cool.gif The history between the elven rulers of the respective Tir's

Bit complicated to get into here, my Immortals page can help; ye may also like to look up the Alamais(e) Conspiracy.

Ah. Probably still on the metaplanes, unless it has surfaced somewhere. I refer ye to the Harlequin's Back adventure and Post Mortem

Kremlin KOA
#1) nobody that's why that 7 year plan given to daviar has as its last step "Air out my mansion, fluff the pillows and have the cook prepare some lobster for june 15 2065
Kagetenshi
But do we think the Excalibur from Harlequin's Back is the Excalibur, or just a representation of it somewhere on the metaplanes?

~J
Jrayjoker
Heck, if Harlequin is really Richard the Lionhearted, then why can't it be the real deal?
Backgammon
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
Heck, if Harlequin is really Richard the Lionhearted, then why can't it be the real deal?

How are the two related??
Jrayjoker
They are not really, but neither is explicitly prohibited or stated in canon as far as I know.
Lindt
20...65? Thats this cannonical year. Wooo... STUFF!
#7. A number of people seculate that its books, Earthdawn era magical books of evil and badness. Other people say its a ruse. I just wanna know why there is so much money going to Bethleham Steel if they have to destroy it.
Jrayjoker
High risk pay???
Zeel De Mort
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
#1) nobody that's why that 7 year plan given to daviar has as its last step "Air out my mansion, fluff the pillows and have the cook prepare some lobster for june 15 2065

Which book is this from? I fully believe you, but would just like to read up on it myself. I'm guessing PoaD or DotSW?
fistandantilus4.0
As for the 'Excalibur' in Harlequin's back, that's more of just a representation of completing the task and coming to terms with something. Question there is, does it tie in more deeply to Harlequins past. I think it's DoSW where someone makes mention of the Camelot legends, and how they think that Celedyr doesn't work with the legends much. harlequin jumps in and makes some crack about "not wanting that dolt Ar'thu to get more attention he doesn't deserve.'

My guess as far as the elves go is that it's still tied to the rift between the elves of Wyrm (blood) wood, and the elves of Sereatha or Shoshara (one of which is where Harlequin/Cambieul is from). Aithne oakforestis listed as one of Queen Alachias Blood warders.

I never could decide if Cross was one of the Echo mirage-ers. Although I don't think kyle haefner was. Also still trying to decide of Roxborough was the source of the crash virus (directly on indirectly), and wether or not the surviving crash virus has anything to do w/ the Deep resonance. And if so, what would Mirage the AI have to say about it?
Jrayjoker
IIRC Halfner was just married to Alice, not sure, haven't read the novels recently.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

Well it might not ever have existed at all. It's certainly not canon as far as I know, but the short piece of fiction called Post Mortem by a certain Mr Tom Dowd mentions it in passing. If there was a specific blade that was Excalibur, then I expect it'd probably be some sort of Earthdawn weapon/relic.
Cynic project
11)What happened to the lost tech from shadowplay?
12)Who is Backing Pendragon?
13)When did the California Central valley move about 250 kilcks east?
14)How did the tree hugger pay for 22% of Ares' stock?Who backed him?
15)When did Villers lose his edge?
16) What 13 corps were the founding members of the CC?
Fortune
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
They are not really, but neither is explicitly prohibited or stated in canon as far as I know.

I think the point is that Richard and Excaliber have never had anything to do with each other in RL history, let alone Shadowrun.

Flak: Excaliber was specifically mentioned in Dunkleberry's will.
Pistons
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I never could decide if Cross was one of the Echo mirage-ers. Although I don't think kyle haefner was. Also still trying to decide of Roxborough was the source of the crash virus (directly on indirectly), and wether or not the surviving crash virus has anything to do w/ the Deep resonance. And if so, what would Mirage the AI have to say about it?

Nothing in any of the books (novels or otherwise) even implies that Cross was part of Echo Mirage, so no. He is terribly smart, however. His tie is to David Gavilan, AKA Damien Knight, and the Nanosecond Buyout. It's implied that he assisted with creating the code for this, and then used his cut of the money to create his own company. (Tidbits about all of this can be found in SR3, Blood in the Boardroom and Corporate Download.)

Kyle Haeffner was not a member of Echo Mirage; his wife Alice was. It's implied that David Gavilan, who was the Echo Mirage team leader, might have had something to do with Kyle's rise to power as a way to apologize to him or compensate in some way, assuaging guilt or debt. Alice has popped up in the Dragonheart Trilogy and commented in a few sourcebooks; because of her and other pieces of information, it's also been implied that Thomas Roxborough had something to do with the release of the Crash virus. (Most of this can be found in the novel Stranger Souls, and the sourcebooks Corporate Download and Target: Matrix.)

There's nothing solid either way about whether the Crash virus had anything to do with the Deep Resonance, so you could go absolutely hog wild whichever way you chose (in regard to canon; it's assumed folks will have their own opinions anyway). Certainly the option of "yes" has more obvious game options, but "no" means getting to determine for yourself and coming up with something original.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
IIRC Halfner was just married to Alice, not sure, haven't read the novels recently.

Try Target:UCAS.

He was, isn't, will be a decker or a member of EM. How many times need it be said before people actually figure that out?
Jrayjoker
Maybe it is just me, but could you reword that last statement so I can figure out exactly what you mean. I think it means he was married to Alice, isn't a member of EM, then I get lost and confused.
Crimsondude 2.0
1. He was married to Alice.

2. He was not a member of EM. He was in law school at the time.
Jrayjoker
Thanks.
kevyn668
IIRC, the decker Buddy from "2XS" was a former Echo Mirage member. (but that's probably in AH's stuff...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012