Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR PRotocol
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
wwachtle
i've just recently gotten involved in SR and finished reading the core book and practiced making some characters. SR is non-existent in my area so theses boards will most likely be my only SR resource. So in light of this, I was wondering what the protocols surrounding rpging in this sort of format and how to best experience it. I have very little rpging experience. I've dabbled around in some WoD but it just wasn't very exciting. SR seems like its packed with action. So what the best way to really playing Sr while causing the least number of problems for all yall experienced folk. Are there OOC games tailored for beginners or training excercises held by people on this forum? I just would like to get some experience before hopping into some of these more advanced games on the forum.
Kanada Ten
Occasionally we have walkthrough threads about some of the more intricate areas of the game (such as the The Idiot's Guide To The Matrix).

As of right now, some people are having the same trouble as you. OOC:newbie looking, and i mean newbie!

Honestly don't know what to tell you. SR can have lots of action if that's the game the GM runs, but usually that gets filtered over the net. Unless you do IM games, which tend to go one way or the other.
Fortune
Hey K10 ... there are a couple of people here who wouldn't mind getting into an action-heavy game. Want to run one? biggrin.gif
Kanada Ten
Honestly, I have no patience for teaching, and less over the 'Net.

That said, I'm running a "Combat for Crazies" walkthrough on SotSW.net for Kagetenshi. Along with a personal "Matrix for Morons", you could say that I am preparing to run games online. Just don't hold your breath.

Also, wwachtle, you may want to check the IRC #shadowrun and ask around for games. Just don't tell them I sent you. You may talk to mfb, a person here on Dumpshock, about Shadowland - I hypothesize that they may have something like n00b training there.
Fortune
I didn't say anything about 'teaching'. There are a few experienced gamers who also want to play that type of game ... for a change.
Fresno Bob
#shadowrun...which server?
Kanada Ten
No clue. I used the webclient before, but I think it's still down... Hang on, I think they posted it before...
Kanada Ten
phoenix.dumpshock.com? I don't have a client so I can't test it.
Fix-it
One thing you do run into a lot on the net is games that get dropped, for one reason or another.
Usually it's the GM that calls it off, (or just stops posting) but one way or another the game never really gets going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012