Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corporations, cyberzombies...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kagetenshi
Sure it does. It gives half of its mod to linked weapons.

~J
BitBasher
QUOTE (Edward)
QUOTE (toturi @ Feb 23 2005, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (Edward @ Feb 23 2005, 05:01 PM)
[I subscribe to the idea that in order to make a called hot to bypass armor you need to make a perception check to locate a weakness in the armor. Against a metahuman not wearing a helmet this is easy, the head is unarmored you can shoot that. Against a vehicle with obvious armor I would set the target at about 4+armor value. If I allowed it at all

Edward

Your view is not supported by the FAQ, but it is your game.

It just doesn’t feal right that bypassing the armour should have the same difficulty wether the target is wearing a vest with plates or full body mill speck. Or if it is an APC with armour 3 or a tank with armour 30.

At the same time removing called shots altogether means the SL2 provides no benefit.

Edward

Man, It just doesn't feel right that you should be able to specifically bypass the abstracted armor system in this abstracted combat game.
hahnsoo
Yeah, it was this very question that led us to create an overly-complicated Called Shot system. Not sure it was worth it in the end, but it makes everyone happy, so...
Edward
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Yeah, it was this very question that led us to create an overly-complicated Called Shot system. Not sure it was worth it in the end, but it makes everyone happy, so...

If it made everybody happy there must be something very wrong with it.

This is a fundamental truth of the univerce

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012