Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horsepower Haven
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Kiedo
Finally after seven pages of recruitment the OCC has gone up

All dice rolls will be taken care of here as will the results of any perception tests and things of that nature.

The Players are
Aes - Maeva Leclerc
Sandoval Smith - Sebastian St. John
Tarnantula - Xerrus
Thomas - Reggie(knobby bob?)
Voorhees - Jet Jaguar

Guest Starring
Ellylamb - "Johnny Lightning"

Players, post a brief desciption of your character, so everyone is on the same page. And come up with a name and leader for you racing team

I nominate Maeva LeClerc, based solely on that she has the fasted vehicle, no other reason. Don't read that as "I choose Maeva LeClerc" instead as she might be someone to consider.
Aes
I'm quite sure Maeva (yes, we'll likely see a lot of creative misspellings there. Maeva, pronounced "Mai-e-va") would prefer not to be the team leader. She's the gal with the smile and tight racing outfit to distract the crowd, not the person who wants to fret over numbers, spare parts and strategy. I'll post a summary later tonight, as I'm not on a comp with access to my notes right now. (Read: A public dataterm)

[Edit]

Right, here's the full data dump on Maeva. I'll hold my nomination for a leader until everyone's had a chance to introduce their characters. smile.gif

Appearance:
[ Spoiler ]

Personality:
[ Spoiler ]

History:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicles:
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyles:
[ Spoiler ]

Character sheet:
[ Spoiler ]
Fresno Bob
I guess there wouldn't really be any problems with Jet being the leader...even though he can't really go all that fast due to my inability to crunch numbers well. Anyhoo...

Appearance

[ Spoiler ]

Personality

[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet

[ Spoiler ]

Vehicles
[ Spoiler ]

Other Gear
[ Spoiler ]
Sandoval Smith
Sebastian is not a take charge kind of guy (given his physical appearance and all) but's he very good at recieving input from multiple sources, correlating the data, and making a plan of action, which are all good technical leader skills. He's got a good tactical sense (I guess that's what happens when you grow up during a siege, under the guidance of an Ares Firewatch team), but if what you want is someone who can chew nails, stare down the baddies, and give rousing peptalks, then Sebastian would be a not-so-good choice.
-----------------------------------
Sebastian St. John
Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyles:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicles:
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts:
[ Spoiler ]

Backstory:
[ Spoiler ]
Kiedo
One more additional player a team mechanic/ sercurity guy, he'll fit in well

Nikoli - Luis Clempt
Fresno Bob
Where are those other two? I'm itching to start.
Aes
Three actually. Check the other thread, it seems we got a mechanic smile.gif

But yes, I'll echo that sentiment. Let's get the rest of the chars here pronto so we can decide on a team leader and name
Kiedo
I said to my self thoses t's are going to take a while, of course I didn't understand the context then but now it's coming into focus. I'm just as read to get started myself. I just figured I'd hold until you guys had a leader to "deal" with whats to come. A name wouldn't hurt either. As far as THomas's and Tarantula's characters I don't want to give away information they don't want me to, so I'm going to have to keep it zipped.
Aes
I suppose we could pass the time thinking up names for the team though. And decide how everyone met to get some initial relationships going. Of course, it'd all be easier if we knew a little more of the setting. Such as wether we're racing legally on public tracks, doing underground cannonball runs in the sprawl or improvised urban brawl in the barrens. *looks to Kiedo* ...I imagine our characters would know at least that much from the onset.

As for the whole leader idea, I still doubt Maeva would make a good leader. But if need be, she could probably fill in as the prerequisite T&A or hold a pep talk or two as a leiutenent. Of the three who've chipped in with PCs so far, I think Sebastian's the only one level-headed enough to be an effective leader in the long run. Jet is - Voorhees own account - all wit and sarcasm and Maeva's probably all too likely to throw a fit at the wrong time (which in my experience is quite common among french women wink.gif ).
Thomas
OK gang; meet Knobby Bob, an ork go-ganger with a bad attitude, bad hygiene, and no professional skills.

When the team first meets Knobby Bob he might be fresh off the streets, so;
Ork, late teens, dirty ganger trash.
His hair is black, full, shoulder length and greasy – tied into a ponytail under a red and white bandana, some silver rings woven in contrast sharply. His skin color hints at a Latino ancestry, and there are small scars on his face and the backs of his callused hands. His eyes are brown, and have the glare of an untrusting, hostile animal. Over two meters tall and about a hundred kilos. He’s wearing a synth-leather Jacket sized for a troll, the sleeves have been cut-off below the elbow to fit. Under this loose overcoat you can see a stained armor vest. A black belt with a silver-looking ‘skull & crossbones’ buckle holds up a pair of ratty looking jeans. Through holes in the jeans you can see some sort of form-fit armor.

After a few weeks working with the crew, K-Bob will prove to be a good mechanic – and will do well in the role of enforcer/go-fer. He might even learn that the proper way to ask for a spanner is ‘please’, not ‘gimme *&^$& spanner (*^%&!!’. The more civilized might carefully consider some hygiene tips.

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

I’ll post again tomorrow with the rest, but I spent the better part of the day snaking the drain line, and I really want to eat and go to bed.

Thomas
Kiedo
Yeah I've been meaning to get around to telling you guys whats what. Your team will be gearing up for a national racing event, in which the winner from each of the three divisions(drag, autocross, and rally) will be offered sponsorships for that particular event. The run will commence about two weeks before that happens. There will be a "conflict" with another team on the streets and after that you'll go on to the legal racing event. You can register for all the events or none of them it's your choice. Unless you guys start it I've got no plans for vehicle combat(aside from using the system to determine the winner). I had planned for your group to have forty members and all of the PC's be the leader/lieutenants, of the group. Sorry for keeping you in the dark so long. ohplease.gif I just wanted to make sure there were no power gamers designing thier characters for that sole purpose. This way your PC's are better rounded and can cope with more than just the 1320(thats how many feet there are in a quarter mile, and often what a drag strip is calledfor those of you who didn't know).

You guys are very luck too, I spend alot of time at the track and going to races (and participating in races) so it's safe to say I know my stuff when it comes to cars(though I don't really care for Nascar, anybody can drive 200 miles an hour in a circle). For the purposes of the National championship the drag racing will have two categories, 400 meters(roughly a quarter mile) and 1000 meters(5/8 of a mile). The autocross, which is the same as the Le Mans, will be a time trial on a track, and the rally will be the same, just on dirt.
Thomas
A shower, supper, and sleep - I feel much more like playing now.
The character's name is Knobby Bob, K-Bob is a nickname - no one has heard the name Reggie in character. (That's what his mother called him)
Working for the team might be a way for him to break into professional Combat Biking, so he is motivated to make an impression. He is suspicious and sensitive to racial bias - although he seems to have some of his own.
Character sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Skills:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicle:
[ Spoiler ]

Thomas
Sandoval Smith – A question. At CharGen I paid for a med. Sidecar for K-Bob’s bike, would you mind giving me some insight on the final numbers for the Blitzen – adding the sidecar and nitrous? In fact, for convenience during gaming, how about figures for with and without the hack – and a GM approved time to quick change from bike to hack and back?
Thanks in advance,
Thomas
Sandoval Smith
It takes fifteen minutes to add or remove a sidecar from a motorcycle.

The Blitzen has a CF=2, and Load=40. NOX takes up 2 CF, and 15kg. Sidecars do not automatically come with seating, and a regular bucket seat takes up 6 CF (the medium sidecar has 8) but 100 Load, which is taken from the Blitzen (you only have 25 at this point), and no vehicle can exceed it's Load rating. So, you can mount a gun, or something on the sidecar, but you can't carry a passenger there.

Also, driving with the sidecar changes the Blitzen's stats to:
Speed: 205
Handling:4/5
Economy 7.65
Nikoli
Luis "Watchman" Klempt

Quiet and unassuming, he still bears himself as a military person. His areas are kept neat and ready for inspection, his weapons are at all times ready for deployment and he still wakes his ass up at 4 AM for a 5k run when possible. He provides a quiet counterpoint to the usual race enthusiast as he's more interested in working on the vehicles than watching them be torn apart on the track. While most at the track know him as the team's assistant mechanic, a few know from first hand problems that he also work security for the team while at the race.

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Augmentations
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicle
[ Spoiler ]
Aes
Race/Appearance? smile.gif
Nikoli
Human, clean cut and close cropped brown hair.
Thomas
So, I guess we're waiting to see posts on Xerrus and Johnny Lightning?
Kiedo
Johnny Lightning is an NPC, more specifiaclly the leader of the NPC team so were just waiting on Xerrus.

A brief History of "JohnnyLightning"(just your standard run of the mill info to save you guys from having to "google" it):
[ Spoiler ]

Also you guys still having choosen a leader or a team name. No offense, but if this is a preview of whats to come, I think Xerrus might not be an ideal team leader.

Louis seems to have the makings for team leader, Military background, insanely organized, handy with a wrench, ect. But again thats just a suggestion, after all it is your team. I'd like to put up the IC thread soon, but I need the name and leader to do so...
Nikoli
Wierd, this thread keeps popping up as unread with no changes being made. Oh, and it's La Famiglia (The Family)
Kiedo
at least it wasn't a huge spelling mistake like I thought it was.

also I think it does that when people edit thier posts as you might notice I did twice including this one
Fresno Bob
Okay, Team Leader: I honestly don't care about who it is. It could be Jet, it could be Luis, it doesn't matter.

Team Name: Well, the easiest way to get a decent name, is to steal it from somewhere else, or to follow this simple algorithm: (Medium Team Operates In)+(Something Awesome). And with that, I submit:

Toecutters
Road Warriors
Vigilantes
Street Pirates
Street Ninjas
Highway Berserkers

Yeah, that's all I got.
Sandoval Smith
Well, we've had three people so far who look like they can do anything for the whole leadership position. Why don't we just vote?

Leader Poll:
Luis -
Jet - 1
Sebastian - 1 (yes, I'm voting for myself.)

Possible team names:

Broken Blacktop
Aegis
Egg Salad Sandwich (E.S.S and we make a point of not explaining what the acronym stands for)
Lase
Street King
Kiedo
I've got a few suggestions too:

Stainless Power
Street Shred
1320 Fury (1320ft in a quarter mile)
400 Warriors(400m in a quarter mile)
Dain Bramage
Xpress
XLR8R
Skyline Runners
Cursus Erus(latin:race owner)
Via Proeliator(latin:road warrior)

I'm going to absain from voting, unless a tie manifests it's self, then I'll vote(and it could happen since there are six of you, though tarantula has yet to post)
Fresno Bob
Well I'll vote for myself as well then.
Sandoval Smith
A little Latin goes a long way.

Carpe Cursus (Seize the race, which also make the perfectly aprops acronym, C.C.)
Cursus?(how do you do the progressive tense in Latin: Racing) Diem
Kiedo
I wish my latin was better, but it's all self taught, so that makes it difficult to get everything perfect. I'll check into that though.

Oh on another note, I don't really know what level of racing fan any of you are, so I've been assuming that it's, "yeah thats when cars go fast" for the sake of simplicity, if that comes off as "talking down" believe me I don't mean it as such. I just want to make sure when I say 1320 or 400 you know I'm talking about a drag strip not some obscure rule or something. So again I apologize if you think I'm being condescending, I you know allot about racing then this will be a refresher course, if you don't then maybe you'll learn something.
Sandoval Smith
It doesn't sound condescending, so far. wink.gif Especially with things like names, you end up with a lot of inside jokes, and it's pretty reasonable to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
Tarantula
Sorry I'm taking so long guys. My weekend was spent preparing for a roadtrip next weekend, and today I was dead from school & work combined. I'll get a blurb up on xerrus by mid-tomorrow.
Kiedo
Yeah I just wanted to make sure. I know some people are... touchy about that kind of stuff. And I just wanted to make sure nobody thinks I'm a jerk or anything.

I'm glad to see your ready to roll. Lets, as the cook says, kick it up a notch and get rolling soon.
Aes
I'll retain my nomination for Sebastian as team leader. He seems to be the one with his ego most firmly in check and feet planted on the ground.

As for team names.. Hmmm..

Redliners?

I'm partial to E.S.S. too, just for the silliness of it all nyahnyah.gif
Nikoli
I vote for Jet being the leader

As far as names I have but one suggestion:
Soccer Mom Racing Team
Aes
One word to that name suggestion:

No. nyahnyah.gif
Nikoli
Like Egg Salad Sandwhich is any less silly.
Tarantula
Sorry about the delay all. Meet Xerrus.

Appearance:
[ Spoiler ]

Personality:
[ Spoiler ]

History:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicle:
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle:
[ Spoiler ]

Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]
Sandoval Smith
That would be why we would try and avoid explaing what E.S.S really meant at all possible costs wink.gif Let them try and figure out what super cool meaning E.S.S has. Since none of us play soccer, none of us are moms, and the closest thing to a grocery getter is Sebastian's step van, I am also going to vote for 'no' on the Soccer mom name. Personally, I like the latin names best.

Leader Poll:
Jet: 2
Sebastian : 2
Luis: -
Nikoli
Just a quick one, how did I get in the running for leader anyway?
Sandoval Smith
Voorhees said:
It could be Jet.  It could be Luis.
Which I interpreted as a nomination. I was going for as large as a poll as I could.
Kiedo
I also suggested it. said with his military background, organization skills, and handiness with a wrench, ect. See and I thought this never come to a tie, but oh how I might be wrong.
Fresno Bob
Well, it looks like the run for leadership is between Jet and Sebastian.

Theres only one way to decide this...

A fight to death! I live in California. When do you suppose the earliest you could come out to meet me is?
Kiedo
Well I hope it won't have to come to that, as there are still two members, according to sandoval's last tally yet to vote.

How about, to stay in the silly vein, Strange Malignant Underworld Racing Fanatics, that way your initials would be S.M.U.R.F. just a thought, lol.
Sandoval Smith
Not until some time next summer, since I'm on the other side of the globe. Anyways, I find that fights to the death tend to get in the way of my love of breathing. How about we get three more votes and see how it turns out then?

I also like the Smurf acronym, but Sebastian will never forgive you if you paint him blue.
Fresno Bob
There is no escape from my wrath. I will hunt you down and give you a noogie.
Aes
I'd say E.S.S. is the original silly acronym, and thus the best. Plus people will think it means something to do with speed and splattering them all over their pavement, while we snicker behind their backs and enjoy our sandwiches.
Tarantula
Now presenting the ESS! Extreme Speed Squad!!! *nudge* "Thats not our name..." Announcer: Oh... ummm, "Now presenting ESS, The Extra Speedy Scandals..." Us: "no..." Him: Umm... err... "ESS, They're 'S'!"
Nikoli
E.S.S is starting to grow on me.

When we win, we get to say "Look at that E.S.S. car go!"
Fresno Bob
Haha, that's pretty good. I guess I'll go for ESS.

Now vote for a leader.
Kiedo
Sandoval, who is the third person, you spoke of when you said wait for three more votes, Johnny Lightning? I really don't think it'd be fair for her to vote, since she's the leader of your rivals, unless she has some stock...

But anyway, so I'm assuming the I's have it with ESS? thats a great name, clever, funny, and shrouded in mystery. So we just need Thomas and Tarantula to vote and we've got a team leader.

Also Aes' suggestion of passing the time by thinking of how you met each other is a good one, not a nessecary one for the run to commence, but interesting to read none the less.

Since were on the cusp of the beginning I'd just like to reiterate roll here, sigs off, take any liberties with the NPC's you'd like(that don't involve them getting killed or hurt), since we'll have allot of racing and maybe some fighting, don't post in the IC until the race/fight is resolved, and then you or I can do it, your choice. I like "free form" games so I've just got an agenda I'd like to see accomplished but after that good luck and have fun.
Tarantula
I'm gonna vote for Sebastian. He's more like Xerrus than Jet is, so Xerrus will pick him over Jet. nyahnyah.gif
Sandoval Smith
I meant three people to include Kiedo, since he said he would take the role of tiebreaker. After all, if people started voting for Luis, we might not break the tie between Jet and Sebstian.

Er, as I see the tie is currently broken... so that's one more person we need to cast their vote, and then there's the possibility of needing Kiedo to tiebreak.

Sebstian: 3
Jet: 2
Luis: - (obviously the real power, working behind the scenes).

I would also advise against hunting me down. I know people who are gentically descended from ninjas. I mean that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012