Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC Help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FrostyNSO
I'm working on a villian for an upcoming run and need this guy to have maximum body attribute.

Just a race, metavariant, and edges + cyberware/bioware

So far the best I have been able to do is:

Troll <Giant Metavariant>
-Exceptional Att. (Body)
-Toughness
-Phenotypic Alteration (+1 Body)
-Dermal Sheath 3
-Titanium Bone Lacing

I got I think 19(20) Body outta this. Is there any way to go higher, or are my numbers screwy? Very, very tired...
Capt. Dave
Increase Body health spell. Force Awesome. Sustaining focus. Force Awesome. Pick a number. With magic, there really isn't a limit.
Tarantula
Make him an adept also, with a magician sustaining the body spell on him, and then use increase body adept power.
FrostyNSO
Is magic all that's left? I would like all this guy's crap to be "his own".
toturi
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
I'm working on a villian for an upcoming run and need this guy to have maximum body attribute.

Just a race, metavariant, and edges + cyberware/bioware

So far the best I have been able to do is:

Troll <Giant Metavariant>
-Exceptional Att. (Body)
-Toughness
-Phenotypic Alteration (+1 Body)
-Dermal Sheath 4
-Titanium Bone Lacing

I got I think 19(20) Body outta this. Is there any way to go higher, or are my numbers screwy? Very, very tired...

If you want the guy to be a mundane, you forgot to include 2 cyberlimbs and a Suprathyroid Gland.
Kanada Ten
What about the Toughness edge? It only applies to damage resistance and it might be incompatible (don't have SRComp 3).
FrostyNSO
If this guy has a RML of 13 then is his racial max a 19 or a 20? If it's twenty then I guess i can squeeze a bit more body.

Any word on if that toughness edge is compatible? I seem to remember it was.

edit: The damage resistance is all I'm really worried about smile.gif
Fresno Bob
Is just regular Dermal Plating incompatible with Dermal Sheathing? Because if it isn't, you forgot that, too.
toturi
SURGE Dermal Deposits.
Edward
Perversely with the inc body spell you get better results with low starting body.

Consider casting a force 6 inc body with 12 dice to cast (starting char)

Starting body 6 gives maybe 2 successes, new body 8
Starting body 5 gives probably 4 successes, new body 9
Starting body 4 gives probably 6 successes, new body 10
Starting body 3 gives probably 8 successes, new body 11
Starting body 2 gives probably 10 successes, new body 12

I am not shore wether you can cast reduce tribute to get more successes on increase attribute. And then drop the reduction spell

Edward
Fortune
QUOTE (Edward)
I am not shore wether you can cast reduce tribute to get more successes on increase attribute. And then drop the reduction spell

Not according to the FAQ, and that's a ruling I totally agree with.
Edward
QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 9 2005, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (Edward @ Mar 9 2005, 01:28 PM)

Not according to the FAQ, and that's a ruling I totally agree with.

I agree too. But I have been told otherwise.

The question becomes what happens when somebody had reduce attribute cast on them, then increase attribute and finally the reduce attribute is dropped.

Example
Starting strength 5
Reduce attribute with 2 successes.
Check point 1 strength 3
Increase attribute (force 6) roll 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
Checkpoint 2 strength 9 (3+TN 3, I think so) or 6 (3+TN 5) or 8(5+TN5 reduction spell dispelled)
Drop reduce attribute
Checkpoint 3 what is the new strength especially if we didn’t record roles on previous casting.

Edward
Fortune
The FAQ says ...

Question: Can you cast Decrease Attribute, followed by Increase Attribute (which is easier because the attribute TN is smaller), then un-sustain the Decrease Attribute, allowing you to have a higher Attribute than you'd have without having Decreased it? How about changing your Reaction after an Increased Reflexes spell?
Response: No. Only one attribute-affecting health spell can be used to modify an attribute at a time.

I would rule that the second spell would not work while the first in being sustained if done in the order set out your example, or that the second spell works to cancel the first if done in the opposite order (Increase then Decrease).
tisoz
QUOTE (Edward)
Consider casting a force 6 inc body with 12 dice to cast (starting char)

Starting body 6 gives maybe 2 successes, new body 8
Starting body 5 gives probably 4 successes, new body 9
Starting body 4 gives probably 6 successes, new body 10
Starting body 3 gives probably 8 successes, new body 11
Starting body 2 gives probably 10 successes, new body 12

It is every 2 successes increases the attribute by one up to maximum equal to the force of the spell. A force 6 spell could only raise an attribute of 2 to 8.

So using your successes you would get:

Starting body 6 gives maybe 2 successes, new body 7
Starting body 5 gives probably 4 successes, new body 7
Starting body 4 gives probably 6 successes, new body 7
Starting body 3 gives probably 8 successes, new body 7
Starting body 2 gives probably 10 successes, new body 7
Glyph
For the equivalent of a starting character, you can have:

Body: 6
Giant metavariant: +5
Bonus Attribute Point Edge: +1
Toughness Edge: +1
Dermal Sheath: 3: +4
Titanium Bone Lacing: +2
2 Cyberlegs : +2
Suprathyroid Gland: +1
Phenotype Alteration: +1

That's 23 dice. If he has been improving his "natural" Body past the starting maximum, then he can have even more. For pure dice, a troll is actually better, since they get natural dermal armor, and giants don't.
Critias
And Trolls cost less character points (not that most people keep all that much track with NPCs, but still).
toturi
Instead of a Giant, use a SURGling Troll with Dermal Deposits for greater effect.
Capt. Dave
Don't forget Calcitonin.
Cain
Lying around here somewhere I have a technically-legal starting character that exceeded all of this stuff. Let me fire up NSRCG and see what I can do.

Troll Adept
Exc. Att: Body
Bonus Att. Point: Body
Toughness
SURGE Dermal Deposits
Titanium Bone Lacing, Alpha
Dermal Sheath 3
Suprathyroid gland
Calciotonin
Phenotypic alteration (Body)

You then geasa the lost Magic, and buy 6 levels of Improved Body

We are now at 20 (29) Body. That should be enough for your purposes. vegm.gif
CoalHeart
And he'll only clock in at 4 metrickfucktons of weight. Jeez. wink.gif

I forget who has a calculator for Shadowrun weights based on bod and STR, but this ultrabod troll won't have enough strength in his legs to carry himself.
Critias
Well, that'll take care of Powerbolts and stuff for ya, sure enough.
SirKalamon
Dont forget that a giant metavariant is a poor choice for that because they do not gain the dermal armor of regular trolls.Thats one less body die to roll. So just make it a simple troll, however the giant would be more intimidating for game effect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012