Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4th Edition is offically announced
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Vertaxis666
WTF???

I hope this is not an April Fools trick.

http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/
Austere Emancipator
Keeping your eyes open helps.
ShadowGhost
Well, at least the article says "Source material from previous editions will still be compatible."

Hopefully it'll be a little clearer on a few things than 3rd Edition.

As long as it's NOT D20... I'll be happy.
Wireknight
My only major concern is that the suggested release date is relatively soon. Five months is not a long time, and unless this project has already seen a lot of work, I'm worried that fourth edition will end up being a rush job. I'm also worried that, in line with some of the more recent FAQ rulings, Shadowrun will get more complicated in some areas, even while it's streamlined in others, and in the end we just end up changing, rather than eliminating, the glaring problems in the rules.
CanvasBack
It has always seemed to me that they needed to make Decking a more viable option than it really has been in third and previous editions. IMHO most everything became clearer in third edition than in second, while the first edition was nearly imcomprehensible to me as a teenager. Still, there are some "gaps" that should probably be plugged. I would like certain issues on the magic side of the equation to be cleared up.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (CanvasBack)
It has always seemed to me that they needed to make Decking a more viable option than it really has been in third and previous editions. IMHO most everything became clearer in third edition than in second, while the first edition was nearly imcomprehensible to me as a teenager. Still, there are some "gaps" that should probably be plugged. I would like certain issues on the magic side of the equation to be cleared up.

I wonder if magic can provide LOS in SR4?

/barfs.
CanvasBack
Well, yeah. And how about having a more tangible reason to cast certain spells at a higher force other than they are harder to dispel...
Neuron Basher
Closed. Keep it in the SR4 forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012