Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combat Pool
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Toa
Yet another pool question...

Is there still room in the new rules to allow for pools, i.e. Combat pool? Or will pools be completely abandoned in an effort to reduce dice pool sizes and streamline the system?

I liked the way it integrated the aspect of "putting effort into something", but I also think it was one of the points that confused most beginning players, so I'm somewhat undecided in this matter.
hermit
I dunno, the pools were always accessible to me as a newbie, as dice you can add to any test in a certain situation, be it combat or astral space or the matrix or rigging or whatever.

I hope they don't streamline pools away.
Eugene
Personally, I think that pools are a great way of adding tactical choice to fights. It also gives a nice "we get the drop on you and you lose" effect for surprise situations. I hope they keep it.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (Toa)
Yet another pool question...

Is there still room in the new rules to allow for pools, i.e. Combat pool? Or will pools be completely abandoned in an effort to reduce dice pool sizes and streamline the system?

I liked the way it integrated the aspect of "putting effort into something", but I also think it was one of the points that confused most beginning players, so I'm somewhat undecided in this matter.

Good luck squeezing any *real* information out of anyone, you'll have to wait and see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012