Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Ecclesiastes
Here is the list of players:

Shadow
Fortune
Raiko
Glyph

I may have one more player join in if I think the group needs some fleshing out, but that list right there is a real good one. Look for the IC thread to open up Monday. In the mean time, finalize your characters (finish up any last minute tweaks) and get ready to role.
Shadow
Woot, the dream team!
Fortune
And we're off and running. smile.gif

Here is a pic of Flare (just pretend she has more elven-shaped ears wink.gif).

Heather McLaine, aka Flare appears to be in her early 20's, and is relatively good looking, although she has always been considered average by Elven standards. She stands 1.77 meters in height, and weighs 55.8 kg. Her long, dirty-blonde hair is usually kept in a ponytail, or hanging loose beneath a bandanna. She has emerald green eyes, their natural color despite her retinal modifications. Her semi-obvious cyberware includes dermal sheathing, a datajack at her right temple, an induction pad in her right palm, and retractable razors implanted in both hands. Heather sports a tattoo on her left shoulder of the Ancients symbol inside a flare burst, and another one depicting a feathered serpent twining around her right arm all the way up to her shoulder. She can usually be found dressed stylishly, in either street or club clothing, her preferred colors being black, green, and lavender. 
Glyph
Here is a general desription of Spider:

Spider is a male of medium height, thin and wiry.  He is bald with a pale blonde goatee, watery blue eyes, and pale skin.  He wears slightly conservative corporate attire.  He has a somewhat cold but sardonically charming manner, although he can turn the temperature down a few degrees in less amicable social situations.  He has a slight facial tic.

For the meet, he will be wearing a beige CAS-style suit with a dark patterned shirt and a tie with a design of metallic circuitry patterns. His dress shoes are utilitarian, ripple-soled shoes that he can run in if he needs to. He will be wearing pink-lensed sunglasses, which hide the glazed gaze indicating astral perception.
netlich

Greetings chummers.

Would there be a need for an extra hand or spur in the game?

I am a newbie in these forms and quite new to Shadowrun online although I have played tabletop Shadowrun (SR2 mainly) quite a bit and I have PBEMed for a few years. I promise I will be good boy...

Thanks either way,

Stef
Shadow
Hey Stef, welcome to DSF smile.gif

The game has already started, you want to look for games that have Recruitment in the title.

Here is one Last Laugh
Ecclesiastes
Sorry Stef, I decided to keep the game with fewer characters this time around.

Sorry for the short opening post guys, but this week is... ugly. The new virus MyTob that hit the market has slammed my company and its on me to get it fixed up. I'll do my best to keep up here, taking time in the morning, at lunch, and before I go home to post.
Ecclesiastes
I'll need some perception checks from everyone.
Raiko
Cipher, perception:
07 05 04 03 02 01

Stealth (awareness)
09 09 08 eek.gif
Fortune
Flare

Perception: 17 10 07 04 03

Stealth (Awareness): 04 02 02 01 01
Shadow
Perception:

[ Spoiler ]
Ecclesiastes
I'm going to assume that Glyph/Spider takes a seat and push things along.
Ecclesiastes
The chip has a copy of the photo. The daughters name is Anji Toreshu. It lists her SIN and cell phone number. Lastly, there is a contact number for Mr. Toreshu.
Fortune
Seattle Nightlife knowledge skill to see what Flare knows about Neoworld.

08 05 02 02 01
Glyph
I've been at work. I will have Spider assense everybody to explain why he hasn't been interjecting himself into the proceedings more (and he would do that anyways). Perceptive Edge modifies -

Initial perception check (to spot that bodyguard):

23 05 04 03 02 01 01

Astral Perception, using Auras specialization of Aura Reading to complement:

Cipher: 7 Successes

Intelligence: 11 11 09 05 04 02 01
Auras: 09 07 04 04 02 02

Flare: 8 Successes

Intelligence: 09 08 05 05 03 02 01
Auras: 11 10 09 05 04 03

Eclipse: 7 Successes

Intelligence: 25 10 05 03 03 02 01
Auras: 13 11 08 05 03 01

Mr. Johnson: 7 Successes

Intelligence: 07 05 05 04 03 03 02
Auras: 07 04 03 02 01 01

Bodyguard: 3 Successes

Intelligence: 10 03 02 02 02 02 01
Auras: 04 03 03 02 01 01

Fortune
Feel free to take over the negotiations of you want.

As for the assensing of Flare ... she is pretty heavily cybered, but not below 1 Essence.
Glyph
Spider wouldn't just butt in, but he would assist with suggestions or questions for the Johnson if necessary, trying to help get the best deal for the team. He is an ex-lawyer, after all. smile.gif

I'll probably post after Flare and the Johnson start talking.

If there is another flurry of posts when I am not here (I post during the evenings, because I work M-F, which includes a long commute), then Ecclesiastes can NPC me through whatever part of the game he needs to. I will go ahead and post my rolls for Negotiation now, in case they are needed:

Negotiation: 13 11 09 04 04 03
Complementary Skill/Psychology (if Applicable): 05 04 04 04 04 01
Fortune
The flurry of posts just happened. It surprised me at the time, but I figured I should just go with it. If this is a problem, I'm sure Shadow and I can try to restrain ourselves more in the future. biggrin.gif

Spider's negotiaition skills are definitely much better than Flare's. If anything, she defaults to etiquette. I wasn't meaning to actually have her do the negotiations as much as have her bluntly state that they should start. smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
Glyph: I'll let the players fill you in on their character's aura. The bodyguard is cool, resolved, and focused with heavy cyber. The Johnson has light headware. His mood is a mix of worry and paranoia. He is also hiding something and has a lot of self concern.
Fortune
As I said earlier, Flare is heavily cybered, and her mood is probably best described as mildly excited. smile.gif
Fortune
I'm thinking that now is an opportune time for someone with more negotiation skills to take over. wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
You all get the idea that this guy doesn't have much of a clue as to how much to pay up. smile.gif
Shadow
Well I can try and default to etiquette for a negotiations roll. But it wont be great.

I know the guy has no clue, but if my daughter was missing I would move heaven and earth to get her back. A single k is a little on the short side.

[ Spoiler ]

Fortune
Flare has Etiquette too. I just figured Spider might want to slip in here, with his uber-negotiation skills. biggrin.gif
Ecclesiastes
He already gave me a roll, hence my IC post.
Ecclesiastes
Fortune: Sorry missed your post about Neoworld. Neoworld is a rave club. Lots of BTLs and other vices float through there. Light security, just a pat down by a large troll at the door and a place to check your weapons. Several gangs frequent the place, but they all seem to be there for a good time more than turf wars.
Fortune
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
He already gave me a roll, hence my IC post.

Yeah ... read this thread first. smile.gif

Thanks for the club info.
Shadow
Eclipse is a tall elf, 6'2" woth light brown hair he keeps short. He has brown eyes and is pretty bulky, from muscles and cyberware. Though he does look a bit on the heavy sde.

In astral he is cybered out, wth extensive nurological replacements. His mood is somber and regretful. He also feels eager to find the girl.

He is happy to take the lead, or let someone else take it.

[edit]

Eclipse is around 30, I should have pointed that out.

[/edit]
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadow)
As he speaks Eclipse pockets the picture

Did that already ... back before he gave us the chip. wink.gif

And umm ... doesn't anyone believe in getting a retainer up front?
Shadow
With this amount of money? I am not to concerned about it. If he is playing strait with us he is gonna pay. if not, he is gonna pay vegm.gif
Shadow
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Shadow)
As he speaks Eclipse pockets the picture

Did that already ... back before he gave us the chip. wink.gif

I'm on a roll today. Fixed my IC post.
Fortune
It's cool. Happens to everyone.
Fortune
Glyph: I think Shadow assumed that whoever wanted a ride with him was actually with him in the car when he left. I don't think he actually meant to portray that he drove off by himself.

[edit] Besides, I didn't post that Flare actually left. If you want a ride, either option is open to you. biggrin.gif
Shadow
Yeah Glyph, sorry, I just assumed whoever wanted a ride would have gotten in.

What is the time you post the most Glyph? It seems like are posting times are a bit skewed.
Ecclesiastes
Glyph, go ahead and edit your post (if you want) that you catch a ride with Flare or Eclipse. Once Raiko has posted, I'll bump the thread to the nightclub.
Raiko
Sorry if I held things up, it's been a hectic day.
Raiko
I forgot about the assencing.

Cipher has a low essence, although again it's more than 1.
The majority of his implants are headware.

Emotionally he's probably more edgy than the sami's, but still fairly calm and focused.
Ecclesiastes
If you guys want to try to get any weaponry inside, let me know what the conceal rating on them is please.
Shadow
I will leave one of the Manhunters in my car, and take one with me. Con 5 (+2 for concealable holster=7 +50% for trenchcoat, grand total concealability 10.

I also have a cougar longblade in my boot, I am not sure the con on that. And 2 spare magazines of exex in my right pocket. The pistol is loaded with exex.
Fortune
Flare is going to take both her Predators with her.

Concealabilty 4 (+2 Concealed Holster = 6 / + 50% for Long Coat = 9)

Left hand gun is loaded with Gel Rounds ... Right is loaded with Ex-Ex.

As for the IC post, 'Toby' is Toby Samuels, troll bouncer at Dante's Inferno. Name dropping usually gets you everywhere. biggrin.gif
Glyph
I had Spider get a ride with Cipher to preserve the continuity. Spider is unarmed.

I usually post later in the evenings, because my job involves a long commute back, then dinner, etc. I can post more during the day on weekends. Hopefully Spider won't need to be NPC'd that much, but I will try to give Ecclesiastes enough information that if he has to, he will know what Spider is going to be doing.

Spider will probably rely on his verbal interrogation and aura reading skills at the club, at least initially. It's not time to break out the intimidation or mind probes...yet. wink.gif If he runs into any people who could be leads, he will most likely note who they are, then point them out to the two elven sammies.

He doesn't have quite as many scruples as he told Cipher, but his attitude is that if you have to tell a total stranger that you can read minds, it's a good idea to reassure them that you aren't the type to do it casually.
Ecclesiastes
Flare: Toss me an Etiquette check.
Fortune
Etiquette (Street): 10 08 03 01 01
Seattle Nightlife (Complimentary): 05 04 02 02 01 (if applicable)
Shadow
I am gonna retract my previous statement. I am carrying Both Colts. That should not change the concealability of them though.
Ecclesiastes
Fortune: Toss me another Etiquette check.
Fortune
I was just going to have her go in, but rewrote the post at the last minute.

Etiquette/Street: 05 04 04 02 01

I dunno if you want the complimentary roll, but figure I might as well try. biggrin.gif

Seattle Nightlife Complimentary: 15 04 02 02 02
Raiko
Cipher leaves his Ultrapower in his kit bag in the van (his SPAS is in there already). He's not a very good shot anyway.

Just in case.
Perception for Cipher: 11 10 08 05 02 01
Ecclesiastes
Shadow, you get your gear through the door, go ahead and make your post of getting into the club.
Shadow
I am gonna show the pic around and see if I can get any hits.
Glyph
Assensing test, for later:

Intelligence: 14 05 05 03 03 03 01
Aura Reading/Auras: 17 11 05 03 02 01
(Total of 8 Successes)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012