Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dodging Bullets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Wounded Ronin
Boy, I sure hope that in SR4 it's still relatively easy to die.
Sandoval Smith
Rocks fall. Everyone dies.
kevyn668
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a bullet.
The Grifter
I would also like to point out that in the way sequels to the Matrix do not exist, neither does Shadowrun 4 exist for me. To hell with it.
Astelaron
I have little problem with dodge. I look at dodge like bobbing and weaving in boxing. I've actually boxed and kick boxed both and a fast oponent can easily fire 5 punches in a second. The human eyes and brain aren't fast enough to tell where all of those punches are going or even when they are coming. There is no target number increase for punching a person bobbing and weaving. I realize that the constant motion of a fighter is more like full defense but it works the same for shooting.

I know that lots of people here have played Counter Strike, Halo, or at least Quake. Dodging in this games is just a matter of course. The speed difference between the attacker and dodger isn't enough to account for very high target numbers. When I suspect someone shooting at me I'm constantly squating, jumping, juking etc.

When I play paint ball and I move from cover to cover I'm constantly juking, ducking, and dodging to good effect.

Still, I would consider limiting the number of times a person could dodge in a row. That is they could dodge in one initiative pass but the next they would have to do something else.
Crimson Jack
:deleted:
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (Astelaron)
I have little problem with dodge. I look at dodge like bobbing and weaving in boxing. I've actually boxed and kick boxed both and a fast oponent can easily fire 5 punches in a second. The human eyes and brain aren't fast enough to tell where all of those punches are going or even when they are coming. There is no target number increase for punching a person bobbing and weaving. I realize that the constant motion of a fighter is more like full defense but it works the same for shooting.

I know that lots of people here have played Counter Strike, Halo, or at least Quake. Dodging in this games is just a matter of course. The speed difference between the attacker and dodger isn't enough to account for very high target numbers. When I suspect someone shooting at me I'm constantly squating, jumping, juking etc.

When I play paint ball and I move from cover to cover I'm constantly juking, ducking, and dodging to good effect.

Still, I would consider limiting the number of times a person could dodge in a row. That is they could dodge in one initiative pass but the next they would have to do something else.

Why? What's wrong with dodging two passes in a row? They're probably still juking and moving, and if they still have any combat pool left, why not let them use it to save their skin?
Astelaron
I don't mind dodging twice in a row myself. I just meant if I were to limit it that is all I would do. In retrospect it was a kinda dumb idea on my part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012