Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non-Elf Female metahumans
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Mugzy
To get back to references, I believe a female troll is depicted in the back of Prime Runners, in the Wolfram's Gang Section

I haven't had a reason to open that one up in a while, but if I recall, she wan't this completely ugly hag.

Grinder
Guess the gamemasters screen had a rather awful pic of a female rigger troll on one of its panels.
hermit
Again, where do you get the idea that this troll/orc is female?
Mr.Cato
yes, Grinder, in my eyes too that's a female troll... they're all telling me it's a male ork.. or something..
the hair in two "pig tales"... the lack of macho horns... with a little imagination - makeup on the eyes...

happy to not be all alone with that view... smile.gif

tried in vain to find some comment by Zug on this illustration..
hermit
1. ALL trolls have horns, no matter the sex.
2. Even female trolls have breasts, and odds are they're built about the same way all humanoid females' breasts are - 80% tissue, 20% mammary gland. None of this is to be seen there. It's just a male orc rigger with a really odd fashion sense.
Nikoli
Don't forget, there was a piece of fluff in SR1 that I've always held as occaisionally the case. Makeup has become socially acceptable for all preferences and genders, regardless of sexuality. Makeup can't be used to denote gender in all cases.
Vuron
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Don't forget, there was a piece of fluff in SR1 that I've always held as occaisionally the case. Makeup has become socially acceptable for all preferences and genders, regardless of sexuality. Makeup can't be used to denote gender in all cases.

This isn't that outlandish a concept as would the prevalence of permanent makeup and various 'tribal' tattoos and scarification methods.

As for attractive female trolls I generally feel like troll dermal armor and horns are rarely symmetrical and in general it's felt that a lot of human beauty stems around balance and symmetry in features. 50 years really isn't long enough to undo countless generations of programming.

If you really want to have a relatively attractive troll I think balanced horns goes a long way and maybe grinding them down like Hellboy would be appropriate.
Nikoli
I love that concept.
Thought it was a nice touch, that and I love seeing Ron Perlman work. He's an underutilized actor as it is.

Grinder
QUOTE (Mr.Cato)
yes, Grinder, in my eyes too that's a female troll... they're all telling me it's a male ork.. or something..
the hair in two "pig tales"... the lack of macho horns... with a little imagination - makeup on the eyes...

happy to not be all alone with that view... smile.gif

tried in vain to find some comment by Zug on this illustration..

Iirc the troll used lipstick. At least their lips looked as if she did (maybe it was only the blood of their last eaten dwarf, who knows?)
Dog
Maybe the rigger dispute is actually answering it's own question: clearly female trolls look like male orcs. nyahnyah.gif
Perssek
QUOTE (Starglyte)

QUOTE (Pthgar)

RPGs (both pen and paper and video game) play to their demographics. Same reason beer commercials have bikini models in them. Something that unites nerds and jocks.

Not in germany man, not in germany. We may have good beer (no wait, i know we have great beer! biggrin.gif) but no girls appearing in commercials. Sometimes germany sucks.

Yeah, you guys in Germany may have gret beer, but around here (Brazil, I mean) we have great beers AND beer commercials with lots of girls in bikini (or half a bikini, sometimes - thank God for cable TV).

Now, if only half of them weren´t Photoshop-upgraded...

But here´s something funny: my wife started to play SR with my group for some time, and she ALWAYS found "exquisite" (to put it lightly) the appearance of Orks and Trolls. Of course she went for the Elf Girl Street Sam chromed to the bone. With two orks, one troll, one Dwarf and one human in the team, she feels like a goddess among por Charisma 3 mortals (she has Charisma cool.gif.

Oh, and a friend online tells me there´s a Ork female in SSG page 89 (and a dwarf girl in page 110). Not a looker, but anyway...
ShieldT
I'm not quite sure, but I remember the original Shadowrun novels (Chronicles of Power?). In Book II aren't there are several shots of one specific female orc and wendigo, and possibly a female ghoul as well?
Fortune
QUOTE (ShieldT)
... one specific female orc and wendigo ...

Her street name definitely should have been Twisted Sister.
hermit
We may have good beer (no wait, i know we have great beer! biggrin.gif) but no girls appearing in commercials.

Now, now. Czech still has the best beer in the world. The only German beer that can keep up with them is Pilsner Urquell. smile.gif

But I agree, German beer still is better than what passes for beer in most of the world. It's, in fact, it's good enough to not NEED women in commercials! biggrin.gif

And as for the novels, yeah, I remember they had images now! I'll try and scan them in eventually; maybe I can even find a place to host them.
Grinder
QUOTE (hermit)
But I agree, German beer still is better than what passes for beer in most of the world. It's, in fact, it's good enough to not NEED women in commercials! biggrin.gif

Germanies best beer, Astra imo, has a lot of posters with nice-looking women. biggrin.gif
hermit
Astra? Hmmm. Haven't tried that before ... I'm more of a wine person anyway. Pilsner Urquell (or, more specifically, it's Czech equivalent with a name I cannot recall, let alone spell) is the only beer that ever interested me.

Link?
Pthgar
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (ShieldT @ Apr 26 2005, 07:44 PM)
... one specific female orc and wendigo ...

Her street name definitely should have been Twisted Sister.

Ung...! So..Many...Levels! Head....HURTS!
Grinder
QUOTE (hermit)
Astra? Hmmm. Haven't tried that before ... I'm more of a wine person anyway. Pilsner Urquell (or, more specifically, it's Czech equivalent with a name I cannot recall, let alone spell) is the only beer that ever interested me.

Link?

www.astra-bier.de

You should try it smile.gif Or buy at least one of the cool posters. wink.gif
hermit
Okay, having checked all novels I posess, I have found a number of orc images, but NO females. Zero. Also, in the German edition of the 2nd secrets of power book, there were no illustrations. Anyone mind checking if the US edition has illustrations?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (hermit)
Okay, having checked all novels I posess, I have found a number of orc images, but NO females. Zero. Also, in the German edition of the 2nd secrets of power book, there were no illustrations. Anyone mind checking if the US edition has illustrations?

I'm very sure that there is a female wendigo in the 2nd Secrets of Power novel. It's at the part just after Twist summons a city spirit to beat up the wendigo that was attacking him and Hart. The portrait is of Twist's sister kneeling over the fallen wendigo.
hermit
Shit. I cannot scan this in then, since the German edition doesn't have illustrations, and by the time I bought it, I didn't feel comfortable enough with English to buy the English books (which I would have done only some years later). Can you scan this in? I'd be quite interested to see this. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012