Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Into the Barrens...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Shadow
Welcome!

Here is a quick reminder on house rules I am running....

[ Spoiler ]

Before I start the IC thread I would like everyone to post here with your Character name, and a short physical description of them. (Please no likes/dislikes or attitudes of said character).

Once everyone is on board we will get the ball rolling.
Morgannah
No worries, Shadow. I had a pretty good idea that no one here would particularily care whether or not Indigo liked long walks on the beach.

Indigo is a statuesque woman that tends to dress in black wherever she goes. She's tall (just over six feet) and sleekly muscled. Her hair hangs in one long braid down to the small of her back and oddly enough it's a deep shade of violet, bright blue highlights show every once in a while under the harsh streetlights. Wraparound shades conceal her eyes but not the steely glint that must be there; her face is comprised entirely of hard planes and sharp angles and while her features might be attractive, no one would make the mistake of calling her "pretty." An odd admixture of scars and tattoos cover what her leathers do not, leaving no doubt as to the type of life this woman has lead and no question as to her ability to survive.

That's about as short a description as I can do before resorting to point form. smile.gif I'm glad to be on board!

<edit: and for the record, it's not easy to type with soggy paper towel around your middle finger. Blech. I hope my finger heals up enough for posting tonight! eek.gif>

<oh, and disregard the microphone in the pic as well, please. It's going to be edited out as soon as I can get on another computer. smile.gif >
Fortune
Dex is of average build, standing 1.75 meters tall and weighing about 77 kilograms. Long, curly brown hair frames a clean-shaven face, and his pale blue eyes are normally hidden behind a pair of black aviator shades, the lenses tinted with the faintest hint of purple. He sports a tattoo on his right shoulder, an iridescent purple mace set on a black shield with a neon blue border. Below this is a ribbon scroll with the legend 'Neon Knights' emblazed in bright green script. Dex typically dresses in leather pants, preferring the real kind to the synthleather popular on the streets. He has a small collection of t-shirts, normally black, with the logo of various bands emblazoned on the front. Over these he usually wears a worn leather jacket, black with deep purple highlights.
Raiko
Mirage is human and from Marseilles in France. She speaks fluent English with a French accent.

She is 28 years old, 5'3" tall, has a gymnasts build, and is very good looking (good looking & knows it edge). She has lightly tanned skin, black hair cut in a bob and brown eyes.

She has very little noticeable cyberware, her two small datajacks behind her left ear are normally hidden by her hair, she has an induction pad in her right palm, and her natural looking eyes are actually cosmetically modified cybereyes.

She always dresses in smart casual clothes from top Parisian fashion-houses. She normally wears a top, plus trousers and low heeled boots, she rarely wears skirts or dresses, except when the occasion demands it. She also almost always wears a light grey ankle length, hooded, "cloak like" long coat, also from Paris.

Ecclesiastes
Cougar is a troll out of the NAN. He has a nice pair of horns above each ear, one pointing up and the other down. The hair on the side of his head is shaved, while the hair on the top and back is grown long and matted into dreds. Several of the dreds have small bones or feathers worked into them as well. Most of the time he is wearing faded jeans with a white t-shirt and a leather long coat. Even for a troll, he is large, and has the scars to show he's been around the block a few times. As far as obvious cyber goes, there are the metal notches at his wrist, making it clear he has a pair of retractable spurs installed. There is a datajack behind his right ear and his eyes have the not-quite-real look to them.
Chance359
Caden is a UCAS troll in his mid twenties. His dress and appearance speak of prior military service. Shorter and on the thin side for a troll, he also has trouble keeping still for more than a few minutes unless he has something to keep him entertained. His hair light blond, close cropped. Both his tusks and horns are clean and well polished. When not on a run, he dresses in casual slacks and polo shirts; each tight, neat, and wrinkle free.
Chance359
Intelligence test to see if Caden knows where Anderson park is: 1,4,5,5,5

If said park is in Puyallup, test to see if Caden can think of any information about the area: 1,1,1,5

Fortune
Good thinking ... I'll second that ...

Redmond Barrens Area Knowledge: 09 05 04 02

or, if not there ...

Intelligence: 07 05 05 03 03 02 01

Also, I would like to know who's turf Anderson Park is in ...

Gang Turf: 09 04 04 02
Raiko
It's not the best knowledge skill to have for a run into the barrens, so I my as well try to use it now:

"Seattle High Society" roll for Mirage to see what she knows about the Johnson and his associates:
07, 05, 04, 03

I'll post IC as soon as I know the result.

Morgannah, I liked your post, it made me laugh (unfortunately I had mouth full of coffee at the time). biggrin.gif

Morgannah
QUOTE (Raiko)
Morgannah, I liked your post, it made me laugh (unfortunately I had mouth full of coffee at the time). biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Thank you, dear lady. It was my honour. wink.gif

*bows with an elegant flourish*

Hehehe, I'll bite here too, with a plain 'ol Int check to see if Indigo knows where Anderson Park is.

Intelligence check:

Seattle Underworld (for information regarding exactly who's disputing the territory):

Well, no one ever said she was the smartest person around. smile.gif
Shadow
Said Park is in Redmond....

Everyone who rolled at least one 5 (on a area knowledge skill) gets the following info...

[ Spoiler ]

For those who got two 5's or more on their location check...

[ Spoiler ]

For Gang Turf checks... a 5 gets you....

[ Spoiler ]

A 8 or better on gang and/or turf gets you...

[ Spoiler ]

@ Raiko,

[ Spoiler ]

Ok I hope that I didn't make any mistakes, cause they don't let you edit spoilers after the first tag
Shadow
I would like opening posts from Ecce and Raiko before moving on...
Chance359
Shadow, what time is it in game?
Shadow
Good question.

8:00PM
Raiko
BTW Mirage really isn't as good a driver as she likes to think she is, but she doesn't fancy squeezing in the back with the Trolls nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE ( Morgannah)
I'm actually a guy smile.gif, serves me right for playing Mirage again biggrin.gif
Ecclesiastes
Hehe, I made the same mistake the first game I played in with you. Of course, you thought I was a girl for playing Jessica too. smile.gif

Cougar will take shotgun, cause he can't drive a car too good (better with Bikes) and the front would have more foot room for him.
Shadow
I would like a pair of perception checks from everyone. Please let me know if you have any modifers that apply (i.e the edge perceptive)
Morgannah
Perception check: (#1) 1.4.5.15, (#2) 2.5.7.11.

She may not be all that smart, but at least she's paying attention, yeesh. eek.gif

Please also remember that Indigo doesn't need to be assensing to astrally perceive. Shh....
Morgannah
QUOTE (Raiko)
QUOTE ( Morgannah)

I'm actually a guy smile.gif, serves me right for playing Mirage again biggrin.gif

Whoops, sorry. biggrin.gif I just saw that.

I don't think it's the fact that you're necessarily playing a female character, Raiko, but it's more that you play such a convincing female character. wink.gif I stand corrected. biggrin.gif
Chance359
Perception test: 1,2,3,3,4 (Caden is destracted by how nice a ride this SUV is, and wonders where he can get one)
Ecclesiastes
Perception check 1: 04 03 02
Perception check 2: 11 05 01

I've got every cyber mod in the eye you can think of, well, besides Ultrasound.
Chance359
Perception test 2: 1,4,4,5,5
Raiko
Perception check 1: 14 05 04 02 02 01
Perception check 2: 09 05 04 04 03 02

Mirage has the perceptive edge. smokin.gif

QUOTE (Morgannah)
I don't think it's the fact that you're necessarily playing a female character, Raiko, but it's more that you play such a convincing female character. wink.gif I stand corrected. biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif Thanks, made me laugh again.
Shadow
I got a better map of Anderson Park....

Anderson Park close up

Work freeking sucks.

Ok the meet is to take place in the North West section of the park. It is the wooded area on the left.
Fortune
Perception #1: 10 08 05 05 04 03 01

Perception #2: 14 05 04 03 03 02 01

Gang Identification or Ciminal Organization (whichever is appropriate) tests for actual info on each of the gangs

[ Spoiler ]
Morgannah
Crazy smart people. *scoffs*

*pauses*

I'm glad you're all on my team. grinbig.gif

biggrin.gif Thanks, made me laugh again.

grinbig.gif My new mission in life!
Raiko
Scanner(6) roll:
11 10 05 05 04 01

If she intercepts any suspicious tranmissions, Mirage will route them out onto our comm-net so that everyone equipped can hear.
Shadow
Here is a pic of the entrance of the tunnel....

Downtown Seattle tunnel
Shadow
I am waiting on Fortune an Morg to react in some way, if I don't get anything by the morning I will move on.
Fortune
Sorry, I was waiting for Morganna. Seems like it's up to me, so I'll post.

Summoning Force 4 City Spirit: 09 04 04 03 02 02 (3 successes)
Drain 4[M]: 05 05 03 01 (plus Trauma Damper) (no Drain)
Morgannah
Funny how it works out this way, hmm? I'm always waiting for Fortune and he's always waiting for me.... smile.gif

I'll get something together either later on tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your patience!
Fortune
For the record, Dex didn't ignore Indigo. He just didn't really have any good way of communicating at the time. I forgot to add the damn Mindlink spell (which is something I always take at at least Force 1). frown.gif
Shadow
Dex and Indigo, are you guys going to do anything? Sneak by, distract them, regroup...
Morgannah
Well that'll depend on what the trolls are doing. Do they look like they'll stop anyone that tries to go through the tunnel or are they too busy with the cars? Do they look like they're affiliated with a gang? Do we know anything about said gang if that's the case?

Gang ID: 1.2.4.5.7.

<edit: and don't worry about it, Fortune. It's just a really big pet peeve of mine. I'll get over it.>
Fortune
Getting there Shadow. The forum was down most of the time I was available yesterday, so I didn't get to post.

Spellcasting

[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
Not that it really matters, but weren't there only four gangers on bikes and two at the car ... six in total?

And ... I'll wait a bit to see if Morganna wants Indigo to do anything before I post IC. I don't want Dex to be hoggin' the spotlight. wink.gif
Shadow
Sometimes I loose my mind....
Fortune
Only sometimes? wink.gif

It's cool ... one was just invisible. biggrin.gif
Fortune
Figured I'd better just go ahead and post IC.

Spellcasting
[ Spoiler ]
Raiko
Sorry I've not posted much this week, we've had a lot of illness in the familly.

Should be able to post as usual from now on.
Shadow
Dude, illness I understand. Sheesh, we should be quarantined we get sick so often.
Morgannah
Aack! I haven't been ill myself but apparently my computer didn't like the constant attention it's been receiving. smile.gif Everything seems to be working all right now but of course that's what I said two days ago before loading the forums crashed me three times in a row.

Anyway, sorry for the delay but please don't wait on my account again. If I'm not on after a day and it isn't the weekend, PLEASE just continue and I'll come back as soon as I can. biggrin.gif
Morgannah
As mentioned in the LiTS OOC thread my modem is being confiscated because I don't have a goddamned RECEIPT saying that our bill was paid on Friday. I'll come back as soon as I can.

Good luck, kids.
Fortune
Shadow: Are you making the rolls for the characters? It's cool if you are, as it saves me from doing so (in the future).
Shadow
It looks like we lost some posts from yesterday. Must have been the crash.

@ Fortune, I will only make rolls as needed to speed things up.
Fortune
That's cool. So should I continue to give you rolls and results, or just list actions from now on?
Shadow
Yeah continue to give me rolls as needed.
Raiko
Things have gone from bad to worse at home, my wife has just spent the last few days in hospital.

I'll try to keep up with the thread, but in the meantime please don't wait for me, I'm enjoying both the runs that I'm in and wouldn't want them to stall because of me.
Ecclesiastes
Shadow: Anything coming up on the map to get around the roadblock?

Raiko: I'll be praying for you my friend.
Morgannah
I'm sorry to hear that, Raiko. My thoughts will be with you and your wife. smile.gif

Anyway, I'm back but this next week is going to be hella busy. I should still be able to pop on a few times a day, though, which is still better than it has been. Sorry for the delay, guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012