Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arcology Structural Stability
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Kagetenshi
Considering its insanely low Handling, its design, and its flavour text, I'd say almost certainly yes.

~J
fistandantilus4.0
Like a top, but backwards?
Kagetenshi
Pretty much, yes.

~J
Jrayjoker
That's pretty darn stable until it stops spinning,even if the floor is slick.
hermit
Actually, attaching something to it's surface (something heavy) so it is thrown off-balance might work better.
DocMortand
I believe it has gyroscopic stabilizers, so even attaching something might not work - it just would compensate.
Kagetenshi
Indeed. It's basically a top with gyroscopes/flywheels inside, and I would not be surprised to learn that the exact location of said angular momentum repositories was adjustable.

~J
DocMortand
Besides, if you think about it, it shoots spikes. This would A) throw off the balance momentarily in the spin and B) change the weight distribution unless it ejected spikes in all directions...and that would be extremely hazardous to friendlies.

It can handle unequal weight changes.
hermit
Okay, then it's best to dispatch of it with a full-auto burst of AV ammo from an assault rifle or larger.

*sigh*
Kagetenshi
People come up with slip spray and forget freeze foam? It would be tough to apply without the stuff getting spun off, but if you managed to get even a bit of it to catch it could either pull off the spikes or make them significantly less aerodynamic (and therefore less dangerous).

~J
DocMortand
Screw freeze foam or slip spray - give me a splat gun for dealing with things which need constant motion to stay upright...
Kagetenshi
biggrin.gif

There's still the same problem of it needing to set, but if you can hit it from a few angles and then nail it with something with a lot of momentum you might get it to start sticking to a wall/floor/etc. and at least throw it around a bit.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012