Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowland Posters from Dumpshock
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Abstruse
Okay, it's bragging time. How many people in here have had posters in the various sourcebooks named after them or one of their characters? I've noticed Dvixen and Synner so far...

The Abstruse One
MYST1C
Well, I guess only German-speaking dumpshockers could know it but there are some shadowtalk-comments by me in Arsenal 2060 (the German version of the Cannon Companion).
Pistons
Yo. Jon (Szeto) and spud have, as well. There's quite a few.
Synner
IIRC Audun, Labrat and Flak Jack (aka Flakjacket)...
DV8
Bull's in there, but probably because he stuck them in there. smile.gif
Black Isis
Well, there is a Black Isis, but sadly, I didn't have anything to do with it. frown.gif She was the one attributed with the posting of the corporate profiles way back in Corporate Shadowfiles, too.
thunderchild
The best i got was a blurb on shadows website.
ThatSzechuan
I'm on page 59 of SOTA.
Large Mike
Sadly, I'm still waiting on mine. frown.gif
Drain Brain
I'm thinking I probably don't post enough... frown.gif

Despite having been around since the really old tope coloured forums...

Guess nobody likes us trogs who live in sewers... frown.gif
Dr Komuso
I've seen Bleach, Teucer, and Zan, all major characters from my ten years-strong campaign, posting once or twice in a few books, but that may just be a coincedence.
ThatSzechuan
QUOTE (Drain Brain @ Sep 15 2003, 01:28 PM)
I'm thinking I probably don't post enough... frown.gif

I haven't posted here in close to two years. biggrin.gif
Ancient History
Which is probably why they killed you, nasty Rigger. talker.gif
ThatSzechuan
I've never played a rigger in my life, but beggars can't be choosers. biggrin.gif
Cain
I got a minor mention in Target: Matrix.
Sepherim
I appear in SOTA: 2063 in the mercs chapter a couple times, and I'm not completely sure about it, but I believe I appear in Dragons too, though I don't own it so can't say for sure.
And one of my PCs was called Stalker, which actually appears posting in one of the latest books... pity Stalker had already been brainwashed by Aztech by then... wink.gif
Adarael
What I want? I don't wanna appear in any books. I DO want Smokin' Joe to come back in some capacity, though. Maybe some new beastie book.

I just loved the bastard's stories.
Boondocker
I got into Dragons, through threating and cajoling a freelancer. I made the mistake of sending the kitten back to them, though, so I'm out of leverage for another appearance.
SCLariat
Two characters from old campaign of mine, Twitch and Cheshire, got mentions as examples in the SR3 mainbook. I can't say for absolute certainity that I'm the source, but I was trading a lot of email with Mulvhill in 18 months prior to the publication of SR3. My somewhat pathetic website was in my email sig line. Who knows? Fun to speculate, though.
Samoth
QUOTE (Large Mike)

Same here. I'd like to hope that my 10 years of loyalty could be paid off in 6 little letters.
Fortune
QUOTE (Samoth)
QUOTE (Large Mike @ Sep 15 2003, 05:37 PM)
Sadly, I'm still waiting on mine.  frown.gif

Same here. I'd like to hope that my 10 years of loyalty could be paid off in 6 little letters.

I could say the exact same thing. frown.gif

At least I had my real name in Dunky's Secrets.
Bull
QUOTE (DV8)

Nope, not quite Deev ;]

I originally got in Target UCAS purely by luck. I won a "contest" Mike Mulvihill threw into an email to the ShadowRN mailing list way back when. He quoted Big Trouble in Little China and had "Name the quote, win a prize!" in his .sig. I think we all assumed that it was a joke, but several of us replied anyways (Spike, Granite, Adam (as Fro), and a couple others, plus me), and our prize was a quote in Target: UCAS. This was before I was involved with FASA as a freelancer or convention bitch.

I've thus far only had two small things published, the critters section of YotC and Peri in Dragons, so those are the only times I've been responsible for Bull showing up. The others have been other writers putting him in.

Side note, the name Bull was used in Shadowtech (IIRC), long before I ever got online.

Bull
Rajaat99
QUOTE (Large Mike)

Hey don't worry, I'll never be in a SR book.
Rajaat is copyrighted.
Bagpuss
QUOTE (Rajaat99)
QUOTE (Large Mike @ Sep 15 2003, 05:37 PM)
Sadly, I'm still waiting on mine.  frown.gif

Hey don't worry, I'll never be in a SR book.
Rajaat is copyrighted.

I hear you. My name is from a character in a childrens program. Still, a roundabout mention would be nice
Drain Brain
Mine was my dad's old Civ-band callsign when he was a Health Inspector, so no harm there - and Bagpuss, love the sig - I agree totally
Reaver
Closest I've gotten was a NERP's book or two thanks to a freind of mine who was part of it. smile.gif
NightWind
Does being drawn into a Comic book count?

NightWind
AK404
QUOTE (Bull)
QUOTE (DV8 @ Sep 15 2003, 08:54 AM)

Nope, not quite Deev ;]

Side note, the name Bull was used in Shadowtech (IIRC), long before I ever got online.

Well Bull, you did get that ork combat decker in your honor, didn't you?
Jon Szeto
QUOTE (ThatSzechuan)
I'm on page 59 of SOTA.

Never let it be said that I make empty threats. rollin.gif
Phylos Fett
I doubt I'll ever make it there, unless Lord Phylos or just Phylos gets used...
CirclMastr
Maybe when the time comes and I release NERPS on an unsuspecting public (because, let's face it, I'm not even taken seriously here, let alone by REAL people biggrin.gif)

Of course by then nobody will play SR anymore because the general concensus will be that the 12th edition ruined it nyahnyah.gif
Ronin Soul
I invented my name. I was in a poetic mood so I just created it out of whole thread.
That said I doubt it'll ever get used. It's not particularly memorable, not to mention a little close to the name of a canon character.

My old name, Poe's Ghost, was the "callsign" of a particularly weird character in this series of books I read about 2 years ago. He had autism, I have autism, so I kinda felt drawn to the name smile.gif

And Bull, there is a Bull in Target: Smuggler Havens. Or is that a different Bull?
Wireknight
Myself, and characters I've played, have appeared in a few sourcebooks.

Wireknight, Paul E. Hedron, Prodigal Son, and, I think, Matrix Fox.
Fygg Nuuton
someday, in someway, i will be in a sourcebook! i can see it now

Captain Chaos: OMG Fygg Nuuton is so kewl and l337!!!!!11

ok, maybe not like that, but something like it!

I MADE UP MY NAME! NO COPYRIGHT! WEEEEE
Finbar
Personally, i'd love to see my name on a book, but it's not likely to happen biggrin.gif

I'm not as...... noticeable.. as some.
Adam
Mostly irrelevant, but: http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

5. How do I copyright a name, title, slogan or logo?
Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases. In some cases, these things may be protected as trademarks. Contact the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 800-786-9199, for further information. However, copyright protection may be available for logo artwork that contains sufficient authorship. In some circumstances, an artistic logo may also be protected as a trademark.
Lindt
Not sure which one, but I know I saw Raygun in a book somewhere. (Now to just annoy the freelancers at GenCon enough next year *evil laugh*)
Adam
Buying us drinks helps.
Drain Brain
D'oh, crappy British Suburbia... crappy lack of Gencon... crappy local gaming inadequacies...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mad.gif
Sepherim
Drain Brain, it's worse here in Spain's butt. The only conventions I've seen in my city are the ones my club organized some years ago, plus those of the japanese club. This more than dead.gif
NightWind
Now you guys have got me curious. How DOES one get their character into one of these books??

NightWind
Whose only claim to fame lays in a soon to be released comic book called CyberHunter
Abstruse
From what I can tell, all the Dumpshock people who've gotten Shadowland posters named after them are either frequent posters or are people who do a lot of work in the Shadowrun community, like doing lots of net projects and stuff. Kinda like a reward for service or whatever.

The Abstruse One
JongWK
Sepherim, remember that there are other Spanish-speaking players who don't even get that. dead.gif
JongWK
Q: Does AH get a mention anywhere? If community service is a way to get this "reward", he certainly deserves it.
Ancient History
Not yet.
CirclMastr
Hm, anyone going to be at GenCon SoCal? Technically I can't buy drinks, but I can pay for them smile.gif
Adam
I doubt I'll be making it; it's pretty close to my planned trip to Amsterdam.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Drain Brain)
D'oh, crappy British Suburbia... Crappy lack of Gencon... Crappy local gaming inadequacies...

Well that's no excuse man! If I can drag my arse out to Milwaukee and Indy from sodding Birmingham, others can make it. Mind you, even that didn't help. My nick still got mangled in the editing stage. biggrin.gif
DV8
QUOTE (Adam)
Buying us drinks helps.

Dude, the next time you're over, I'll get you fucked up beyond all recognition.

QUOTE (Adam)
I doubt I'll be making it; it's pretty close to my planned trip to Amsterdam.

Oooooh! Lookie here! smile.gif
BlackSmith
i will be missing for quite a while.
at least if the name should fit to my character smile.gif

my 500 karmas BlackSmith, is a HardCore spell slinger and martial artist who teases his partys cybersam's about their puny cyber while he self lacks compleatly from cyber.
manaball with force 11 works much better.

maybe when he gets computer skill and buys a tortoes farlight from his candy money...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012