Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Ashes to Ashes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Bastard
I havent quite fleshed out the numbers yet...but here is a quick over view of my android.

Nova IV AIA model A1 For now he goes by Nova

The fourth in a series of prototype androids at Renraku, the Nova IV model has become more self aware than they had expected. He was designed to know enough to keep himself alive and smart enough to stratigize with intruding shadowrunners. They were supposed to replace security guards, that were always found dead, sleeping at the front desk, or eating donuts in the back room.

However, over the few short months, Nova had developed his own thoughts outside of programing. He began to feel more like a person, not a robot. He didn't mind the work, but he desired a life outside of it as well. His emotions started to develop shortly after, but he doesn't really know what they are. He has the will to live, so fear for survival was one of the first, loneliness came short after. He wanted to go to sleep, not be turned off when his masters were done with him.

A week ago, Nova reprogramed himself, well his off switch. After he was turned off, he waited for the lab to close down for the night. Then made his way out onto the streets. Overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people and traffic, he hid out for the first couple of days, but gradually started to venture out. Watching closely how the public interacts with each other, so he can more easily blend in. He didnt think it would be so easy with his pale skin, but within the fist hour of freedom, he realized he wasnt the strangest thing on the street.

Nova took interest in the loners, moving about at night, into and out of shady bars and warehouses. Its in one of these bars, just two nights ago, where he met....[insert a teamate here]
GaiasWrath8
So, you look human? Thats good, I was worried you were a large robot in a trench coat. smile.gif
Kagetenshi
Did someone say "Key"?

~J
GaiasWrath8
Well my guys name is David Draco. I am a physical adept. I appear to be a Yourasian (European and asian). I have no idea how to use guns or blades. Its all unarmed combat for me. I dress in long sleave black t-shirts and black cargo pants. A physical monster of a man, but soft spoken and normally feels more comfortable taking orders than giving them.

If we are working as a team that has done at least a run together, I am sure you would all know that I have bracers and formfitting body armor under my cloths. Also, I am a drake, My armor has been fitted so it exspands with my shift. I strength is my and speed in unarmed combat and the raw destructive power of my smashing blows are what I rely on. I would rather die than leave a comrade behind.

emotionally my character is searching for a reason to live. Most of the time he is being hunted down by corps and dragons and wants more than anything to have a few friends.
Kiedo
Umm I guess that the deadline is rapidly approaching, as in less than 24 hours, so I need to get my butt in gear. I'm just glad I didn't have 30 characters submitted. Those of you who confrenced with me, I'm giving you all delicious GM brownie points, don't eat them though, you might need them(note: you don't really get anything special for doing it, but I do appreciate it).

Wait, I thought you said the drake knew heavy weapons and demolitions, did I miss something.

Since I've gotten more characters then I actually expected, I guess either people like to make unique characters or my runs have gotten a reputation as being fun, I'd like to think the latter, but I know it's probably niether one, I'm going to modify my number of accepted players to 6-8, it will be a big team, but hopefully the size will keep the momentum up and add some spice to the run.

I've yet to see a character I haven't liked, which makes my job that much more difficult, but I'm going to try to be as objective as I can about who I pick, I will point out that I haven't, to my knowledge recieved one single troll, and I likes me some trolls, ask hobbegoblin, he knows. I will say this though, if you infered enough from that last sentence to assume I wanted a troll, then I'll give you a hint, I don't like cliches.

Before I start to ramble on I'll click the post buttom
Ol' Scratch
Eh, I pretty much have Heavy Weapons, Demolitions, and the Face role covered with Ol' Scratch (though he's more of a street-level Face than a corporate and high-class one), and he can take a beating about as well as a troll. Heck, the Panther Assault Cannon that he keeps in the trunk even has "Yes, I'm Clearly Overcompensating" etched along the barrel. biggrin.gif

I'm just struggling with my finances at the moment. Once I manage to get past that and a few other minor details, I should have my sheet in your mailbox. I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around this evening as I have a lot to do today (which, for me, is a rare occurance... hooray for laziness and procrastination).
Kagetenshi
I'm in the same boat as the Doc. Got a fully-completed character less a couple hundred thousand nuyen that still need to find a good home, but after that it'll be shipped off to you.

~J
Whizbang
have the infiltrator covered here, though I can take my share of damage unless the dice hate me...or they're using silver ammo. smile.gif
GaiasWrath8
QUOTE (Kiedo)
Wait, I thought you said the drake knew heavy weapons and demolitions, did I miss something.

LOL, I said he had a heavey weapon (his fist and body) and yes, I have demolitions at 4... Its not great but the way I blow stuff up I did not think 6 was needed.
Bastard
My NSRCG is not working...can I just give you a typed character? I havent finished my money yet, cause I also seemed to have lost my Cannon Companion. I am such a bastard.
Kagetenshi
I don't see any requirements for it to be in NSRCG format. I'm certainly going to be turning in a RTF document with stats typed in—NSRCG's exported charsheets are a blight upon the world.

~J
Shadow
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I don't see any requirements for it to be in NSRCG format. I'm certainly going to be turning in a RTF document with stats typed in—NSRCG's exported charsheets are a blight upon the world.

~J

I love the NSRCG, but I hate, hate, hate! The character sheets. I think when he said you could use the NSRCG he ment it was optional, you didn't have to use it.

I know Doc would rather walk a mile over hot coals than use it smile.gif
Whizbang
I usually use the NSRCG for base char gen, then just use it as a reference when I'm spending karma and post char gen money
Ol' Scratch
This is what he had to say on the subject:

QUOTE (Kiedo)
html from the NSRCG or text which ever is easier for you. My computer won't run the NSRCG frown.gif so sending me an SR3 file would do no good, for me at least.

So yes, text is obviously fine. smile.gif And yes, I would rather do many, many other things than use NSRCG. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
GaiasWrath8
WOW Doc, I did not know you felt so strongly about this.

Can I ask why?

Sorry if this seems out of place.
Kagetenshi
Can't speak for the Doc, but from my perspective:

It's too limited in workflow. There's also the fact that it occasionally is flat-out wrong about the way it does things, but the biggest one is, for me, that it just doesn't work the way I do. Case in point: you have to preassign points to either attributes or skill points. I requested and McMackie did indeed add the ability to automatically convert attribute points to skill points if you overflow skill points and have attributes unassigned, but you can't do it the other way around. I dynamically assign and reassign at all stages of chargen, so having to go back to a window to change things up every few minutes just slows things down. The fact that gear completely lacks descriptions is necessary for legal reasons, but removes the usefulness that such a feature has—I'm faster at looking something up in the relevant book than sorting through the gear list (the fact that the tree the gear list uses is an awful way of doing things doesn't help), so if I still have to make reference to the book there's no point.

Oh, and there's the fact that it doesn't run on my platform of choice.

~J
Ol' Scratch
That's pretty much why I don't care for it either. Well, except for the Macintosh bit because Macs suck. biggrin.gif
GaiasWrath8
My only problum is the cyber limb stuff. No ECU count, no ECU lowering because of Alpha or beta grade. No lower cost to money or essence on items due to cyber limbs like the book says. Same problem with eyes and ears, always .5 free essence no matter the grade.

Hay, real quick, I am just looking over my Drake, do physical adepts get spell pool? Is it just for defence?
Ol' Scratch
Normal adepts do not get Spell Pool, that's only for characters who can use Sorcery.
GaiasWrath8
Well then, add that you the list of things I don't like about the Nsrcg. It gave me spell pool, thats why I asked.
Ecclesiastes
Just edit the HTML and make the number a 0.
Kagetenshi
That doesn't fix it, it just hides the problem.

Character away.

~J
GaiasWrath8
I can't wait to see who gets in. I hope the GM can sort throuhg everything by Monday. smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
Hopefully some of the car bombs I planted will help eliminate the competition a bit. Mouhaha.
Reign Maker
He said tonight.....
Ol' Scratch
Tonight's the deadline, silly, not necessarily when he's going to announce "the winners."
Reign Maker
Oh his post this morning said less than 24 hours so i figured he meant thats when he would post who is in. My bad!
Kagetenshi
I hope he sorts through everything by tomorrow early afternoon, because I need to drive somewhere then.

~J
GaiasWrath8
Very Cool. I will check tomorrow morning to see if he posted the list of the people who are in.

At that point, we should all try and get to know the characters that made it and determine what the status is of our relationships.

I am exsited. smile.gif
Shadow
Car bomb? wt....
GaiasWrath8
Thank god I am just a stupid drake, no car to bomb. wink.gif
Kiedo
I think he ment RL car bombs....

I'll try to have my decision made by 5 tommorow, I've got to go in at seven so I have to be asleep by ten to get good sleepy time., which sucks because I woke up at 4pm.
Ol' Scratch
Drats, foiled again on the car bomb. I'll get you yet, my pretty...

And... character sent. Phew. I really have to stop 1) being so anal with my characters and 2) being such a pracrastinator. Ugh.
Shadow
*phew* character away. I hope I made it in time. I think this is the first time it took me longer than Doc to make one.
GaiasWrath8
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Drats, foiled again on the car bomb. I'll get you yet, my pretty...

And... character sent. Phew. I really have to stop 1) being so anal with my characters and 2) being such a pracrastinator. Ugh.

LOL, a bad combanation.
Kiedo
Okay, the moment you've all been waiting for, I've made my decision.

Selected Characters
Doctor Funkenstein - Ol' Scratch former blues guitarist
Whizbang - Billy panther shapeshifter
Ecclesiastes(you need an easier to spell name)- Petty fromer NASCAR driver
GaiasWrath8 - David Draco drake
Reign Maker - Brandon "bone crusher" Croxiux Ghoul
Bastard - Nova IV AIA model A1 "Nova" robot
Shadow - Jacque "Sinjin" Saint John mehune dwarf

if you didn't get selected do worry, there's always next time.

This should make for an interesting group, I've got a drake, a shapeshifter, a robot, a ghoul and a mehune dwarf. Not to mention an ex NASCAR driver and a blues guitarist.

I'll get the OOC up shortly and set up the guidelines for the run. I want you all to repost you backgrounds in the OOC so you can get to know your fellow runners and so I can have accurate records. For those of you who are selected and haven't sent in a character sheet do so, though I don't think anybody hasn't.
Bastard
Bastard - Nova IV AIA model A1 "Nova" robot

Im an android, not a robot! I am deeply offended! cyber.gif
Ol' Scratch
Hmm, I'm having trouble coming up with a reason for why Ol' Scratch (a satyr who's on "a personal mission from God" to wipe every HMHVV-infected freak, and ghouls especially, off the face of the Sixth World, not to mention having a mild allergy to them) would willingly work with a ghoul, especially one who apparently has a huge pack at his disposal.

Any ideas on how to get around that?
Bastard
Maybe you got to know him, now you have fallen deeply in love...

Or you could be using him, until the time comes, but now you have grown a liking to him...

Or right now he is more useful alive than dead, since you are running the shadows, and any help is helpfull

Look on the bright side, at least people dont keep calling you robot!
Ol' Scratch
Yeah, you're right Johnny Five. I decided to lean towards the whole "keep your enemies closer" idea for now at least, but I'm kind of hoping someone comes up with a really good idea to help too.

(And yes, I do plan on referring to you as various robot names just for fun.) biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
Tobor's got a good idea. You could also just be waiting for him to lead you to his pack so you can wipe them all from the face of the earth like the scum they are cyber.gif

Just watch out when he tells you to rub Worcestershire sauce all over yourself for "camouflage" grinbig.gif

~J
Reign Maker
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
Hmm, I'm having trouble coming up with a reason for why Ol' Scratch (a satyr who's on "a personal mission from God" to wipe every HMHVV-infected freak, and ghouls especially, off the face of the Sixth World, not to mention having a mild allergy to them) would willingly work with a ghoul, especially one who apparently has a huge pack at his disposal.

Any ideas on how to get around that?

Maybe since your a 40 year old orc... and gonna die in the next few years anyway you just gave up on a war you just can't win!
Bastard
Yeah, you're right Johnny Five...
(And yes, I do plan on referring to you as various robot names just for fun.) 

In gay Darth Vader voice, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

At least if Bone Crusher gets hungry, Bastard 5 will be alive! cyber.gif
Reign Maker
QUOTE (Kiedo)
Reign Maker - Brandon "bone crusher" Croxiux Ghoul

Its actually BONE CLEAVER, but close enough I guess!
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Reign Maker @ Jun 5 2005, 01:13 PM)
Maybe since your a 40 year old orc... and gonna die in the next few years anyway you just gave up on a war you just can't win!

You assume much, fine young cannibal. <ends post in an air of mystery>
Reign Maker
Well anyway... Maybe I helped you track down the SPECIFIC ghouls that killed your family and mauled you. Or maybe I help you kill any ghouls that don't join my pack which you agree too since I control my pack and don't let them run around mutilating families... (unless I need to make a point and would probably hide this from you!)
Ol' Scratch
So a necessary evil for the greater good, eh? And saving you for last? That could probably work. biggrin.gif He can fake tolerance if he has to. <grins>
Reign Maker
I think thats the best way to work it. Of course cyberware gives me indigestion so yout the last one i eat if were stuck on the island devil.gif
Bastard
again... I am still safe from become goul food
Ol' Scratch
Yeah, but you need to worry about Petty if he ever runs out of spare parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012