Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Invocation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Ancient History
He's not exactly John COnstantine, y'know. You can't always deal with the devil and win.
Jrayjoker
Hey, you gotta have the token good guy who gets beaten. Otherwise its just too cheesy to be fun! cool.gif
toturi
QUOTE (Ancient History)
He's not exactly John COnstantine, y'know. You can't always deal with the devil and win.

No, but when you deal him in for everything, you stack the deck, peek at his cards and have an ace up your sleeve.
Ancient History
If it makes y'all feel any better, there is a follow-up story in me archives.
Lenice Hawk
Ooooh, a follow up! Continueing the tale would be great!
DocMortand
yeah, I can't wait for the follow up as well! Where, where?
Jrayjoker
Quick question. If you changed the ending for us did you just write the followup? Or is it based on the prior ending with the aforementioned bargain?
Ancient History
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Let's just say I think it makes the character a bit more interesting down the line.
Supercilious
I still want to read the un-editted version. Although I am glad that the mere mortal lost to the immeasureably powerful timelessly old spirit (Both assumptions, and probably wrong, but they fit the devil motif). I hate to see the young bloods outsmart the old folk.

If any of you have read The Master and Margarita, the devil should always win.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 11 2005, 08:07 AM)
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Let's just say I think it makes the character a bit more interesting down the line.

But what if I wanted a two dimensional character? Huh?

Oh yeah, its your character. smile.gif

Either way, I look forward to it.

You ever read Shapcano's fictions? The demonhand guy? Struggles all the time with control, and it makes for a very interesting character..
GunnerJ
I like the ending but... I don't see why the Bone Cage was used besides for horror value. As I understand it, it basically traps the spirit inside the person's body, even if he dies. Seems like too big a disadvantage for very few (if any?) advantages.
Jrayjoker
Hidden life effect?
Ancient History
Well, this might be giving something away...the spirit is hiding. This particular variant of the Cage of Bone lets it conceal itself within the aura of the human host.
Jrayjoker
AH HA! I new it!

Or I guessed and got lucky. Whichever.

Either way, IIRC the hidden life spirit effect doesn't work that way.
Ancient History
We're not talking about Hidden Life. Yet. It's just built a little place to hide inside his rib cage.
Jrayjoker
Sounds like fun, can I have one?
Ancient History
slaps a "Don't Try This At Home, Shadowkids!" sticker on the Dead Man's Book

I'm all for fashion surgery, but where are you going to get a spirit in this day and age?
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 13 2005, 12:22 PM)
slaps a "Don't Try This At Home, Shadowkids!" sticker on the Dead Man's Book

I'm all for fashion surgery, but where are you going to get a spirit in this day and age?

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

Find me a spike baby and an unaspected power site and I'll see what I can do. Seriously, I'd kill for you.

And you know no one reads the disclaimers! But at least you can't be sued over it now.

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012