Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Podcast? Skypecast? Radioplay?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2
Adam
Yes; we plan on hosting it on Dumpshock; you'll be able to download it from the front page, or by subscribing to our RSS feed.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jun 21 2005, 10:03 AM)
Forgive me because I have not read the entire thread (I am trying to be sneaky at work). Will you be making the results of your efforts available for download?

Nope. We're going to burn it all to disc and lock it in a safe-deposit box in an unnamed European bank wink.gif

~J
Jrayjoker
Good, we can't let them (looks around nervously) get this information. It would cripple the organization.
Spookymonster
Yup. Adam has agreed to host the file here at Dumpshock (for now at least). I'm not sure how or where; my guess is it will appear as a podcast enclosure in the mainpage RSS feed.
Spookymonster
We (finally) got a solid recording. We just need a little post work, and then we're set for release.
Jrayjoker
notworthy.gif and biggrin.gif
SL James
Whoa...

What is the status of this?
Slacker
It really has been a while since there was any update on this. What's been going on?
Spookymonster
Sorry for the delay... I've been taking a few vacation days over the last few weeks. Before I left, I turned over a copy of the 1st show to Kage for his approval/post-production. I'll drop him a note and see how it's going...
Kagetenshi
Apologies for the delay, I've been having trouble quashing my perfectionistic tendencies with the editing. Whatever I've got at midnight tonight ships to Spooky for final approval and posting, and no post-production for any other episode will take longer than 48 hours unless a rerecording is required. This won't happen again.

~J
Aku
and i thought thats why i was going to do the post work for ya, so those "tendancies" wouldnt get in the way?

Although, i just realized, i'm still on dialup, so unless you'd want to burn an mail me a copy, it most likely wouldnt work to well huh?
Kagetenshi
Good call, I feel stupid now (in my defense it was quite some time after your initial offer that we actually got the first episode in the can). I'll finish this one, then (if Spooky approves) we'll use you for the rest.

Edit: eep, except for the whole size thing, yeah. We'll play around and see how low a bitrate we can get without sacrificing meaningful quality, but that might kick you out of the running (unless you're willing to sit around letting 10+ meg files download).

~J
Aku
sure, its not like i have much else to do unless it's the weekend, and I think i'm leaving this hell hole for north carolina in a few weeks, so hopefully then i'll have a high speed something or another biggrin.gif
SL James
QUOTE (Aku)
Although, i just realized, i'm still on dialup, so unless you'd want to burn an mail me a copy, it most likely wouldnt work to well huh?
Spookymonster
First show in the can and sent to Adam. It's pretty raw (cuts off rather abruptly at the end), but it'll do for a first effort.

Expect to see a link on www.dumpshock.com any day now!
Slacker
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.
Jrayjoker
I can't tell you how excited I am for this! Thanks for making it happen.
Aku
and just for the record, I AM moving, sometime between the 15th and 26th of this month, and we WILL have highspeed internet again (YAY!) so hopefully i'll be able to get a decent sound program quickly and start doing any editing you need.
Spookymonster
OK, here's everyone's homework projects:

Record a short (20 seconds or less) MP3 of yourself saying something along the following lines:

"This is (your name and/or handle here) from the Dumpshock Forums, and you are listening to Shadowcast, the Shadowrun podcast!"

Then send the file to me (Spookymonster) at my Gmail account with the subject "Shadowcast bumper". If Kage and I like it, we'll use it in a future episode. Creativity is appreciated (music, special effects, brief skits, etc.), but not necessary. If you do get fancy, please, keep it short! Files over 1Mb will be beaten roughly with a leperous rat and thrown down a treacle well.

All submissions become my property to do with as I wish (bwah-hah-HAH!).
Kagetenshi
Devious plan to break voiceprint passwords is a go! biggrin.gif

~J
Adam
First episode is going to be posted to the front page in two ticks of a lamb's tail.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Adam)
First episode is going to be posted to the front page in two ticks of a lamb's tail.

Happydance!
Spookymonster
BAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Edit:

Created another thread to discuss things specific to Episode 1.
Nikoli
Something else, for the later episodes, if you find you are getting buried needles on your "s" you can load the file into Audacity and isolate the noise and filter it down to a tolerable level. doesn't take long and Audacity is free.
Spookymonster
Audacity is definitely kick-ass. I used it to edit, mix, normalize, and convert the podcast to MP3. As for popping my Ps (I did it a lot, I know), I'll be sure to use a sock next time wink.gif.
Nikoli
Heh, I'm just getting into Audacity. My first foray is for an upcomming d20 modern game this weekend. It's a lot of fun, though I want to add capacity for more mics. a couple of friends of mine write wonderful stuff in different genre's and I'm kicking around the idea of making radio plays with them using our friends as the VA talent.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Something else, for the later episodes, if you find you are getting buried needles on your "s" you can load the file into Audacity and isolate the noise and filter it down to a tolerable level. doesn't take long and Audacity is free.

Hah. This is what took a good chunk of the time (that and an errant "k" sound, IIRC), but I was never able to tone them down without making it obviously edited.

~J
Nikoli
Didn't say it was perfect. Just there
Lindt
You folks still looking at something getting either recorded or broadcast from GenCon?
Kagetenshi
If someone's available for such, absolutely. Might you be implying this to be the case?

~J
Aku
was wondering ig the interest was still there for doing more of a fiction peice, or any more podcasts. I've got audacity now, and althoug i dont like it as much as Pro-tools, i think i can manage if anyone wants me to do the editing.
Mardegun
Well if anyone has any shadowrun radio play they want do give me a ring. I have done a couple of shadowrun pieces now. I have a group of 6 to 8 actors who I can call on. Just give me the script and I'll let you know if we will do it.

Since we aren't doing this for money, we have to be picky on what we do. However if you want to pay us, we might work something out. lol wink.gif
SL James
Oh... To listen to some of the runs I've only read. I'd love to hear the emotion behind an adept being pummeled by a giant mass of metal and chocolate.
Aku
I'd be willing to do any editing, if you dont already have someone that does it
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Aku)
was wondering ig the interest was still there for doing more of a fiction peice

Working on something now. I'll contact you shortly—what do you have access to in terms of sound effects?

Also, I'll be looking for voice actors soon. At first I'll mostly need people who can sound like engineers in their late 20s to mid-50s, but there will be room for other types of characters as the project progresses. I'll post a thread with a proper casting call soon.

~J
CeaDawg
Kagetenshi: What kind of sound effects are you looking for? I have access to a couple effects libraries
Kagetenshi
In the short term, simple internal environmental noise (footsteps, HVAC, various computer noises (primarily mechanical humming, fan sounds, occasional beeps), door noises (old-fashioned and automatic sliding), coffee/tea dispensing, things you'd hear around the office/mall/apartment). In the longer term things like gunshots, gun/ammunition noises, blade noises, liquid noises, outdoor noises (traffic, planes, helicopters, wind, rain, etc.), and mechanical/drone noises will become necessary, but that's some time in the future.

~J
mmu1
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (Aku @ Jan 26 2006, 02:47 PM)
was wondering ig the interest was still there for doing more of a fiction peice

Working on something now. I'll contact you shortly—what do you have access to in terms of sound effects?

Also, I'll be looking for voice actors soon. At first I'll mostly need people who can sound like engineers in their late 20s to mid-50s, but there will be room for other types of characters as the project progresses. I'll post a thread with a proper casting call soon.

~J

What exactly do you mean by "sound like engineers"? Fluency in scientific jargon?

I have to admit, the whole thing sounds somewhat interesting, though I have no clue what my acting talent amounts to... wink.gif
Kagetenshi
"Are comfortable rambling about things that sound like an engineer complaining about his or her work" is the biggest thing, really smile.gif Note that that is with scripts provided.

As for acting talent, that's what samples are for. Audition thread will be going up shortly (honest this time! wink.gif )

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012