Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats that on the corner?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aku
You step out of the cold Seattle rain, into an even colder feeling office area, behind which you can see people, mostly orcs, working, or atleast banging on carious vehicles. At the desk infront of you is a larger than average orc in grey blue overalls, with a monkey wrench in one hand, a greasy red cloth slung over his shoulder, and a phone in his other hand, apparently argueing with another customer. "Don't worry bout it Slitch, it'll be done in time... he slams down the phone, and sees you standing there...[b]What'cha want, Slitch? You think you got the 'yen to just walk in here huh? 'ppose you're gonna tell me ya want somethin' custom too huh? Well, if ya got the 'yen, step on in too, The Garage...

The garage is my work in progress 3rd edition vehicle generator. please reply/comment in my official thread for it at The garage--community chat
frostPDP
Aku, I've checked about four things so far and its official.

I heart you. No more complex-ass vehicle building. You rule.

[edit] Playing around with the bike designer, four things.

1: Make a "Speed +10" button. Clicking 50 times hurts.

2: I wound up with some kind of .000000001 DP adjustment somehow. I think I was tweaking offroad at the time.

3: With handling, when I went backwards from the 1.5 I reached, I went to 2.5, 3.5 then 3, both 3 and 3.5 had the same cost.

4: Only Bikes works. And at some point when tinkering with my racer, I was given the "next page" prompt from the main statscreen and wound up with no next page to go to. it didn't do anything no matter how I clicked.
Trax
Freaking SWEET, I've been looking for something like this. I hate figuring stuff out with pen and paper, so much easier when I can fool around with a program to try things out without doing the math myself.
viggo
you might want to change hovorcraft to hovercraft smile.gif
Aardvark892
Very nice site, and very helpful. I tried to design a race bike, but the program wouldn't go past the part with engine modifications. I can only assume it's because you just haven't gotten to it yet. Either way, kudos to you!
Aku
so much for doing this in the official thread guyds <cough, cough>

but to answer the issues:

viggo: Thank you! i thought it looked wierd... and fixed for everything i can think of it.

Aardvark: if by engine mods, you mean all of the basic design options (well, almost all) then yes, you are correct, i haven't gotten to everything else yet. My goal is to get all of the main designs done for everything before moving on to the meatier (and much more difficult in some cases) customization options.

Frost: On the speed, at SOME point i will, but the issue there right now is that I'm not going through the individual sections with a fine tooth comb, so i picked the lowest common denominator, and unfortunalty, since not ALL engines are multipliers of 5, let alone 10, i went with 1. Obviously, at SOME point, that's going to change. (like when i get to anything with nuclear power.)
2) yea, thats one of those funky math things i mentioned in the community thread i made. I think 3) is that problem too with some funky mathematics, and me not telling it how to handle somethings. Basically, what's happening on three, is it's going from 2 to 1.5, back up to 2.5 and 3.5 and on the next click, it realizes it's not supposed to be higher than 3.

will look into it.
Trax: Thanks, thats the point of these things, to make life easier.

oh, and that nifty link upabove should work, i just wanted to make this thread for a bit of an IC introduction to it, cuz i'm a loser like that, and after staring at numbers and code trying to reteach yourself flash, i needed some amusement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012