Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Characters you'd like to see
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Jrayjoker
Well, who would you all like to see in a novel after the 5 year gap in action that proceeds SR4?
Eldritch
Jack Skater and his crew; Elvis, Duran, Trey, Archangel, er...the Dwarf...
His daughter would be what? 10 or so..

Kyle Teller - from Burning Bright.

And not neccessairly his own novel - but it'd be cool for Sam Verner to Make an appearance - just to see what's become of him in the 20 year's since SR started

Thouse would be cool..
Wounded Ronin
An 80s dude with a mullet, a pistol, and leathers.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Eldritch)
Jack Skater and his crew; Elvis, Duran, Trey, Archangel, er...the Dwarf...
His daughter would be what? 10 or so..

Kyle Teller - from Burning Bright.

And not neccessairly his own novel - but it'd be cool for Sam Verner to Make an appearance - just to see what's become of him in the 20 year's since SR started

Thouse would be cool..

Hell yes!

( Didn't archangel leave?)

although I think it's pretty much inevitable that we'll get Talon instead.
Not that I don't like Talon, but he's not my favorite.

Kyle and his now free spirit! biggrin.gif
Fortune
Frosty!
Eldritch
Yeah, Archangel left - she made an appearance in Mel's next book...That one with Argent.

But she could come back.

Fortune
Oh, and of course, Jason Chase (aka. Priest, Simon Church, Mikael Komroff, Eric Sieboldt, Carpenter, Michael Dengeo, etc.)
MYST1C
QUOTE (Fortune)
Oh, and of course, Jason Chase (aka. Priest, Simon Church, Mikael Komroff, Eric Sieboldt, Carpenter, Michael Dengeo, etc.)

By 2070 that guy would have to be at least in his 60ies - but cool nevertheless!
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
Frosty!

good call Fortune
Critias
I sure hope that drek-hot Ryan Mercury's still kicking hoop and taking names! He's one tough fragger, chummer!
Metus
Eldritch pretty much summed it up for me. I'd also like to see what happened to Sally Tsung.
Wireknight
QUOTE (Critias)
I sure hope that drek-hot Ryan Mercury's still kicking hoop and taking names! He's one tough fragger, chummer!

You die. You die, and you go to hell. To hell.
Eldritch
QUOTE (Metus)
Eldritch pretty much summed it up for me. I'd also like to see what happened to Sally Tsung.

Is true smile.gif I'd definetly like to see what became of the 'Orginal' gang - Sam, Dodger, Sally, Ghost, Kam. Like I said, Maybe not an entire book on them - but an appearance would be great.
Critias
QUOTE (Wireknight)
QUOTE (Critias @ Jun 16 2005, 01:43 AM)
I sure hope that drek-hot Ryan Mercury's still kicking hoop and taking names!  He's one tough fragger, chummer!

You die. You die, and you go to hell. To hell.

Wotcha, choombah?!?
Fortune
QUOTE (M¥$T1C)
QUOTE (Fortune)

By 2070 that guy would have to be at least in his 60ies - but cool nevertheless!

With his connections, he'd be a prime candidate for Leonization though. wink.gif
Moonlight Song
I would definitely like to hear about Harlequin and also about Richard Villiers & Miles Lanier.
Indeed it would be nice to see what Harlequin gets interested in now.
And I'm quite interested in knowing how Villiers and Lanier plan to make Novatech surviving the technogical change concerning the Matrix.
Anyway, from what I've read on Villier's plans and especially that quote: "Scuttlebut says that Villiers and the upper ranks have a big surprise planned" >CorpWatcher, p.160 SOTA64, I have the definite feeling that Novatech might still be at the bleeding edge of technology in 2070.

On the other hand, I'd also like to hear about some old characters like Sam Verner and Dodger or the good old Fastjack (should be getting old now wink.gif), Dirk Montgomery and also Kyle Teller and his old ally, Seeks-The-Moon.

Last, I would *love* to see Dunkelzhan coming back from the metaplanes and take back a seat on world affairs once again! biggrin.gif
Critias
Yeah. Coming back from the dead just isn't done enough in popular fiction, and he isn't super-lamely halfway there already. Dunkie's gotta come back.
Moonlight Song
QUOTE (M¥$T1C @ Jun 16 2005, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE (Fortune)

Yeah, even nowadays, to be in your 60ies doesn't make you old.

Now look how Mr Barnal from Yamatetsu remains at the top of his condition or how Damien knight and the others remain young via Leonization... Getting old is not a problem anymore.
So I guess that with the right amount of cash a human (a homosapien sapien) could live a couple of hundred years without problems, don't you think? biggrin.gif
Moonlight Song
QUOTE (Critias @ Jun 16 2005, 10:36 AM)
Yeah.  Coming back from the dead just isn't done enough in popular fiction, and he isn't super-lamely halfway there already.  Dunkie's gotta come back.

Well, he is technically dead but also a free spirit so I don't see why he couldn't materialize and run business like Buttercup does with Yamatetsu... wink.gif

[EDIT] Oh and let's get rid of his cyber-zombie host! It's The Big D. we are talking about here so I guess he should have no trouble finding a solution to part ways.
fistandantilus4.0
Well... I don't really want him to come back, because I'm getting tired of all these damn 'superheroes' dying and coming back. Kind of defeats the nobleness of the sacrifice if they just come back.

But realisitcally (if you can say that when referring to a spirit of a presidiential dragon that blew it's self up and now lives on in the body of a mage that lost it's magic, then got turned into a mostly machine cyberzombie, then got his awareness back from a mystical artifact tha shouldn't exst, then went soft, and eventually regresses back to a child hood state and wanders the metaplanes protectiing all of metahumanity form the 'enemy) , he can only wander back and forth along the same freakin' chasm bringnig down mana spikes for so long before he gets bored.
SirBedevere
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Well... I don't really want him to come back, because I'm getting tired of all these damn 'superheroes' dying and coming back. Kind of defeats the nobleness of the sacrifice if they just come back.

Damn right!

I'd like to see Man of Many Names.
Adarael

I'm gonna do the unheard of, and quote Captain America, talking about people refusing to stay dead. Well, Captain America from "Earth X," anyway.

"Death should mean something."

Me? Smiling Bandit, KAM, Banshee (I like Banshee, what can I say?), what's-his-name - the Ork from Yamatetsu?
Oh, and Picador.

I like the wierd ones, if you can't tell.
Moonlight Song
QUOTE (SirBedevere)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jun 16 2005, 04:01 AM)

Damn right!

I'd like to see Man of Many Names.

Well Dunkelzhan is more a natural force than your usual run-of-the-mill player. In that sense, being in the metaplanes, he didn't have disappeared just been away from current world affairs like Ghostwalker was during his long astral quest.
That's also the reason why I do want to see the Big D, back: because of his ability to structure and move forward the whole world.

Oh yes, Man-Of-Many-Names is cool, a little bit of a "superhero" with his Man-of-the-woods though. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

[EDIT]
Me? Smiling Bandit, KAM, Banshee (I like Banshee, what can I say?), what's-his-name - the Ork from Yamatetsu?
Oh, and Picador
I really liked the Smiling Bandit; quite an interesting character, IMO. smile.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (Moonlight Song)

I'd be mainly interested in his condition - what are the long-term effects of living with cyberware for ~30 years?
Grinder
Depends if you keep with the sota-curve.
Moonlight Song
QUOTE (M¥$T1C)
QUOTE (Moonlight Song)

I'd be mainly interested in his condition - what are the long-term effects of living with cyberware for ~30 years?

Maybe replaced, improved to make the guy meaner, who knows? wink.gif

You know even if stuff like wired reflexes couldn't be replaced (or so we've been told years ago), with the advance in nanotechnology, I guess that even that could have changed.
hermit
Kham, now of age.

Dodger, Sam, Sally, Ghost, FastJack, Argent, and all the other 2050 characters. Just to see how they are 20 years after.

The IEs, and dragons. Shadowland should get an extra chat room for them. Kinda like a "immortal ancient beings" usergroup.

And SPD, Bung, and soem of the other old Shadowtalk names.

Dirk Montgomery, so long as it comes out right, but then again, better not.
Jrayjoker
Who is the troll from "Changeling" ? I would like to see something about him. Or did he die, I forget?
Birdy
If Dunkelzahn returns, it must be done right:

+ His death was only a bad dream of his voice/secretary

+ She realises that when she wakes up and hears a shower, investigates and
finds DZ there saying "Morning Nadja"

+ She realise the last years where only a bad dream, it's still 2055

Hey, it worked once...

Birdy

Jrayjoker
Double posts.
Jrayjoker
You and your wacky Dallas plot hooks!
Req
Hatchetman and Rikki Ratboy.
Cynic project
Well, I would liek to read book about Wolf and how he is teaching the new gaurd. Yes he is old, but he has seen so much shit in his life. Maybe have him cooling down and finally geting some real peace in his life.

Froty would be nice.

Didn't priest die?

Fastjack dealing with the new matrix.

Samoth
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)

id also like to see some vampires full of cyberware throwing magic around and using lasers. eek.gif
hermit
Sharks with frigggin' 'lasers' on their heads! biggrin.gif grinbig.gif

Also, didn't Hatchet die? Rikki Ratboy's dead, too, SSG says so.
Cynic project
QUOTE (Samoth)
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Jun 16 2005, 12:53 AM)

id also like to see some vampires full of cyberware throwing magic around and using lasers. eek.gif

As long as they are hot lesbians with perky nipples that only need a good di......
Eldritch
Hatchetman became a cyberzombie in the Cybertechnology book. I don't recall if he got himself killed or not.
Req
QUOTE (hermit)

...and that's precisely why I want them back.
hermit
QUOTE (Captain America @ Jun 16 2005, 11:59 AM)
"Death should mean something."
nezumi
QUOTE (Req)
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 16 2005, 10:53 AM)

...and that's precisely why I want them back.

Maybe this feeds into either the evil zombie or the cyber vampire ideas brought up earlier? Rikki Ratboy, chromed vampire of fatal death.

I'd like to see Case and Molly
Req
Rikki Ratboy would make an *awesome* Master Shedim, for example. Something about using him as the example for the Quickened Stinkbomb spell (in MiTS?) really made him stick out in my mind.
hermit
I'd like to see Case and Molly

Eh ... I think that'd be called intellectual theft.
Jrayjoker
Especially since Gibson is less than fond of SR's universe :/
Crimsondude 2.0
So?

Eff him.
Adarael
Especially since Gibson is less than fond of SR's universe :/

Apparently that's changed in recent years, with the advances of SR3's technology and ethos away from the 1st and early-to-mid 2nd edition stuff.
hermit
It has? I thought he was mightily pissed that Shadowrun with all it's pixies, fairies and dragons dared to call itself cyberpunk in the first place?
Fresno Bob
I demand proof of his de-crotchety-ization.
Crimsondude 2.0
I demand proof he has a brain, so what?
nick012000
Why don't you guys go and ask him? He's got a message board, you know.
Nerbert
I recall him saying in one of his blog entire about a year ago that he found Shadowrun distasteful. I think he said he found the setting goofy, but I suspect that it was also fueled by some of the things Shadowrun blatantly ripped off out of his own books.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012