Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Out of interest...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sanctusmortis
What happened to the Arcology?

I have Shutdown, but haven't been able to find much information since except mentions of military actions in SOTA63. So, what has happened? Is it over? What happened to Deus? His Otaku followers? The technology? The Arcology? The people within? And what books is it all in?

This is what happens, see, when you don't get all the books. Especially in the UK, where most RPG books get nigh-on impossible to find after a year if it isn't TSR or WW material...
fistandantilus4.0
try checking out the timeline or the actual book Brainscan if you can find it.
I don't know how to put it in the spoiler box, so I'll let someone that does give oyu a better answer just in case. biggrin.gif Otherwise I'd tell ya'!
KosherPickle
The penultimate Arcology story is dealt with in the campaign Brainscan. Additional fallout information is available in Threats 2. Maybe another book, too; I'm not entirely sure.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (KosherPickle)
The penultimate Arcology story is dealt with in the campaign Brainscan.  Additional fallout information is available in Threats 2.  Maybe another book, too; I'm not entirely sure.

By the way, I'd attempt to re-hash the story, but I just don't have the time. I'm fairly certain that there are other posters with too much time on their hands. biggrin.gif
sanctusmortis
Well, that's enough info to intrigue me to the point I will actually hunt down the info on the timeline or possibly even get Threats 2... is it any use, by the way?

EDIT: Just checked the timeline... wow. Must find Brainscan to get full details on how they "resolved" the situation... I'm planning on using some survivors as an Otaku gang that rivals one of the PC's own, you see, and I wanted to see if anything was known about the Otaku Deus made.
Jrayjoker
Threats 2 will give you the best flavor for those Otaku Deus made, as well as the Network.
fistandantilus4.0
Yes, Threats 2 is cool. I'd get it just for the Imps, but stay for the Master Shedim!
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Yes, Threats 2 is cool. I'd get it just for the Imps, but stay for the Master Shedim!

rotfl.gif

Come for a snack, stay for a meal?
sanctusmortis
No Threats 2 available (bugger), so got Sprawl book...
hermit
Also, I get the distinct feeling that System Failure will be the final part fo the Arcology/Deus matter ... I mean, just look at the cover.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (hermit)
Also, I get the distinct feeling that System Failure will be the final part fo the Arcology/Deus matter ... I mean, just look at the cover.

No thanks.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (KosherPickle)
The penultimate Arcology story is dealt with in the campaign Brainscan. Additional fallout information is available in Threats 2. Maybe another book, too; I'm not entirely sure.

JTF Seattle transferred control of most of the Arc to the Metroplex Guard in SOTA64.

And I'd also say SF will deal with Deus simply because the description of the book refers to it in an oblique way.

Then there's also this from SRRPG.com about the Origins SR tournament
Shadowrun Tournament: Survivor - Renraku Arcology Cleanup (Round 1)
Six veteran teams are sent to stop Deus's scions from regaining the keys to it's bereft kingdom to remake it in their own image. Round 2 Saturday 7pm, by advancement only.
hermit
No thanks.

Awww. All I say is it DOES offer a significant number of clues. Look at it the way a cop looks at an image of a crime scene with lots of blood and body parts. It's not a pretty sight, but it has clues he is looking for anyway.

JTF Seattle transferred control of most of the Arc to the Metroplex Guard in SOTA64.

Yeah, because Renraku cannot foot the bill. I guess it will be the Seattle State arcology before long. Well, put a capitol on top and it looks almost like Mel Brooks' castle from 'Spaceballs'. biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (hermit)
No thanks.

Awww. All I say is it DOES offer a significant number of clues. Look at it the way a cop looks at an image of a crime scene with lots of blood and body parts. It's not a pretty sight, but it has clues he is looking for anyway.

Well when you put it that way, OK. But just for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012