Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enka music death
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wounded Ronin
Some people can, like, write things down which turn into fiction which is entertaining to read. I can't do that, but if I could, I'd write the following story which is related to Shadowrun.

There would be a 1980s Japanese guy in an immaculate black or dark blue business suit. He'd be sitting in a bar drinking a manly swing of warm sake. He'd get up, go over to the jukebox, and use a certified credstick to cue the following music: http://www.crotchviolence.org/crotchviolen...no%20Defune.mp3

Then, over precisely the next four minutes and nineteen seconds, while this music was blaring loudly in the background, he'd walk to the back of the bar towards the soundproofed rooms where the shadowrunners meet with the Johnsons.

He'd use some kind of extremely 1980s Japanese wristlock to quietly toss aside a waiter who tried to stop him, and then he'd throw a hand grenade into one of the soundproofed rooms. Next, using a variety of firearms and a katana, he'd kill everyone in the room who survived the grenade blast, pwning the sammies and the physads and the mages because he has lots of karma pool.

Finally, he'd walk off into the night, disappearing from the scene just as Lone Star shows up about 5 minutes later. And the whole time, there would be quotations from hagakure and gorin no sho interspersed in the text to show that this man had the true power of the 80s.

And then the story would end, leaving the reader to guess that this was a super 1980s asiatic yakuza hitman who was out to stop a particular shadowrun before it started.
ShadowDragon8685
Feh. The 1980s were a weak time for Japan.

1980s was the power times of thrash metal. Iron Maiden would bust onto the scene and pwnz0r this guy. smile.gif
Ancient History
Sounds like a Chow Yun Fat movie. Want to give it a try?
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Sounds like a Chow Yun Fat movie. Want to give it a try?

I'd love for the story to be well written up. Thing is, I'm not confident that I could do it justice; that I could squeeze all the 1980s popular culture asianness into it that would be required to really convey the idea.

It's like if I took Eric Van Lustbader, David Lowry, and Mickey Zucker Reichert, extracted their souls, recombined them, and poured the resulting composite soul into a sentinent word processor, only that could produce the necessary 1980s power to write the story correctly.
ShadowJack
<<Actually, hate to say it, but it's been done.... Not exactly as described, but close enough. If you're interested in running the shadows in this type of environment, I have the Johnsons lined up.... Just need the names for the credsticks. nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif >>

Kagetenshi
Oh my. I'd give a shot, but I'd need to grow a mullet first. Or a neon mohawk.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012