Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting: Tequila Blues
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Ecclesiastes
The game will be based off this short story...

Tequila Blues

[ Spoiler ]

Character Creation

Start off with 125 points, standard avail/rating, cultured bio ok, get funky with the edges and flaws, and give me a short background (try to avoid giving me a novel, I don't have time to read it).

After that, add 100 karma, using karma to cash for 5000 is you need more spending money. Street index applies, but surgery costs don't. Avail/Rating at this point becomes 12/10.

Any questions?
Shadow
I am down with it. I have just the character too... I will send her your way.
Slipshade
I have a healer based Physad: Path of the Magician that I have been meaning to play. She is heavy on the healing light on the combat. Of course with 100 Karma that could change. What are your rules for initiating with the extra karma. Sould I write up an Initiatory Group or just do it all on my own.

Slip
Ecclesiastes
Groups are fine, just pay the 3 karma to join it and give me a short write-up on it.
Slipshade
Will do, it may take me a couple of days to get everything ready, when are you planning on starting?

Slip
Ecclesiastes
I'd like to see characters in by Friday and I'll try to get things rolling sometime next week.
Slipshade
Will do.
Frater Inominatus
I have an albino, gnome, physad...

Do you want character sheets and background info posted here or PM'd to you? What about initiation?
Ecclesiastes
A gnome physad? You've got to be kidding? This I gotta see. PMing me the sheet is fine for now, once I have finalized who is in the game, I'll ask you to email them to me.
Frater Inominatus
Limits of edges & flaws?
Ecclesiastes
None. But if you get cheesy, I'll reject them.
Fortune
Hmmmm .... what to submit?
Mister Juan
Here is what I have in storage:
-Decker runaway teen (always fun to play troubled youngsters)
-Pure hitman (who isn't magically active, or has any cyberware... just skills man!)
-The good ol' Sioux Ork Street Sammie.

Personaly, I've never played a decker, and would really like to play one. Of course, most GM hate deckers, so I can make sure he can cover other fields.

Any of these I should work on and send your way?
Kiedo
Yes, I've got the perfect character for this...

Concept: Formoni, shaman sorcerer (possibly raven), face who can hold his own in a fight. Weapon of choice, Vibroblade, and like batman, he refuses to use guns.

background:
[ Spoiler ]
Sphynx
Ecc, I'd love to play. Good story btw, are we extractees/extracters? I've been thinking of making a sword-saint type one day, I'd be interested in playing an Adept if you don't object.
viggo
I'm in, if it's OK with you I'll use a character from a currently running game - believe it or not, it fits with the bio I wrote - had to skip out of Aztlan because he pissed of Aztec smile.gif

If that's not all right I can cook something up in the next 24 hours.
Ray Becker
I've a PhysAd you like for nothing more than to jump of high buildings after taking a quick snipe at somone.

I'll write up a quick background shortly.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Here is what I have in storage:
-Decker runaway teen (always fun to play troubled youngsters)
-Pure hitman (who isn't magically active, or has any cyberware... just skills man!)
-The good ol' Sioux Ork Street Sammie.

Personaly, I've never played a decker, and would really like to play one. Of course, most GM hate deckers, so I can make sure he can cover other fields.

Any of these I should work on and send your way?

Deckers are ok, but it would be better if they could handle other things as well.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Ecc, I'd love to play. Good story btw, are we extractees/extracters? I've been thinking of making a sword-saint type one day, I'd be interested in playing an Adept if you don't object.

You will be the extracters pulling Dr. Kristine Martin out of texas, then finding her daughter.
Overwatch
I'd like to give this a try. I havent yet played an SR game on dumpshock. Are there any character types you are missing? I'd be happy to play whatever you need to round out the group.

Ecclesiastes
Just what you see here. I've only received one complete sheet so far (from Shadow) and that was for a cybered gun-bunny.
Gynkoba
never done this either, as overwatch said. No clue how this will work. But I got a crap load of creativity.

Sounds good... a few questions.. although I will email them.

Hope to fit in to the team roster..

Gynkoba

JongWK
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
QUOTE (Sphynx @ Jun 28 2005, 09:34 PM)
Ecc, I'd love to play.  Good story btw, are we extractees/extracters?  I've been thinking of making a sword-saint type one day, I'd be interested in playing an Adept if you don't object.

You will be the extracters pulling Dr. Kristine Martin out of texas, then finding her daughter.

You guys making a game out of TB make me blush. embarrassed.gif

I'd actually join, but my I-net access is limited at the moment.
Ecclesiastes
Well, thanks for the great story! biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
I'll send you the decker character tonite. Since he's the kind of person that gets along well with pretty much everyone, I'll give him something of a Face type.
Qillin
ok I got a guy for this:
[ Spoiler ]
BGMFH
Need a rigger? Sheet tomorrow, I need to sleep at the moment.

Basically, young guy, no family, all guts, talks loud, loves his machines, rarely leaves the vehicle. When he does, he's usually going to kill something.

More included on sheet.
Whizbang
Hmm...thought I just posted something...must be technical difficulties.

Anyways, for my parrot shaman, plan on being strong in conjuring and illusion. Have the base build done, just need to do karma, and kick my computer's internet connection back into line so I can post it. (on another computer now)
Slipshade
I will have my Physical Mage up soon. Just to give people an idea of what I am doing:

She will be heavy in healing. Her only spells are: Heal, Treat, Antidote, Detox and Armor and maybe Control Emotion. She has no conjuring skill

Physad abilities are: Empathic Healing, Empathic Sense, Pain Resistance 4, Melanin Control, Voice Control, Killing Hands (light), Elemental Strike (not sure which one yet), Increase Str 1, Increase Stealth 1 and Linguistics.

Metamagic: Centering, Quickening, Masking and Shielding

Edges: Quick Healer and Toughness.

Biotech 5

Rating 10 Medkit
10 Stim Patches, 10 Tranq Patches and 5 Trauma Patches

Slip
Talia Invierno
Well, thanks for the great story! biggrin.gif

Me two.
Gynkoba
Just as a question. How do you feel about Otaku?
Shadow
hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha!
Ecclesiastes
I absolutely love them. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit with this game at all. Well, maybe, but it couldn't be a pure Otaku, which kinda defeats the point of them, but you are more than welcome to try.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Shadow)
hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha!

Hush you! Otaku are awesome!
mallet
Is someone going to be playing the people being extracted...?
Ecclesiastes
I hadn't planned on it, but I've done stuff like that in the past, interested?
otaku no sensei
Ecclesiastes,

It's overwatch. There is something wrong with my dumpshock account. I sent you a PM.
otaku no sensei
Character info all zipped up and sent.

Sorry about the wait.

Gomen Nasai! m()m
Overwatch
And my original account is once again fully functional. biggrin.gif
Ecclesiastes
I'm extending the time for people to get character sheet to me through to next Friday. On Tuesday I'll post what I've received from everyone, just to doublecheck stuff, then I'll finalize the list of players on Friday.
Mister Juan
Good... I thought I had missed the deadline and so, didn't send anything.
This will give me plenty of time to finalize the background on my decker. Would you like me to send you the "hitman" sheet's also? Or is one quite enough?
Ecclesiastes
Send in whatever you want. If you want to submit more than one, go for it and I'll put together what I feel would be the best team from what I get.
Mister Juan
Deal
Ray Becker
Ecclesiastes have you recived anything from me at all?
Ecclesiastes
I'll let you know tomorrow when I go through all the stuff I've got so far.
Ray Becker
Ok thanks.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, these are the people I have characters from:

Shadow
Whizbang
Slipshade
Frater Inominatus
Ray Becker
Qillin
Sphynx
Mister Juan
Overwatch

Obviously with this many characters coming in, not everyone will get into the game, but I'll likely be upping the number of players so I have to cut as few people as possible. I'm giving people until Friday to get submissions in to me. On Friday, I'll post the list of players, then we'll finalize your sheets over the weekend and try to get things started on Monday.
Slipshade
Ecclesiastes - I am in plenty of games already, so I will bow out and give other people a chance at playing.

Slip
Ecclesiastes
Thats real nice of you Slip, I'll keep it in mind the next time I run a game and you want in. smile.gif
Slipshade
No problem, have fun guys!

Slip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012