Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: August Release Still On Track?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Walknuki
Forgive me; because, I haven't been following the development of SR4 as closely as many of you asuredly have. I don't want to get too excited for it. My group doesn't like Shadowrun like I do frown.gif . It's in my top 3 favorites.

How's the August release date looking? Any rumblings on pushing back, rumors of a release date, anything?
FrostyNSO
No news of a delay as far as I know it. It looks like they plan on getting this thing out for Gencon no matter how screwy the system is or how terrible the cover art looks. wink.gif
Walknuki
From what I've read the new system is basically White Wolf's Exalted with D6 instead of D10. Roll Attribute + Skill + Modifier in dice and see how many reach the target number of 5. Actions require a certain number of dice to come up "successes" inorder for the action to succeed.

My troupe loves Exalted so, hopefully, they'll give Shadowrun another try.

What sort of gripes are playtesters throwin' out there?
Aku
QUOTE (walknuki)

extinguish.gif
Homme-qui-rigole
QUOTE (Walknuki)

silly.gif
apollo124
IMO, the playtesters aren't really throwing in any gripes here. Couldn't spot them anyway with all the other gripes going on from DS'ers like me.

biggrin.gif
Ellery
Playtesters are bound by a non-disclosure agreement, so they can't say terribly much. A couple have said they don't like it, and a couple others have said that they do.
JongWK
Besides, folks who break their NDAs are locked in a dark room with Bubba the Love Troll.
SL James
I don't think I've ever been to a forum with so many references to gay anal rape before. You must be so proud.
fistandantilus4.0
ya do whacha gotta do ta keep them animals in line
bclements
QUOTE (SL James)
I don't think I've ever been to a forum with so many references to gay anal rape before. You must be so proud.

Welcome to teh Interweb biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (SL James)

And just who has limited this punishment to only the male playtesters?

~J
JongWK
I kinda imagined Bubba like a troll version of the Italian guy in Eurotrip, but YMMV...

"Scusi!" biggrin.gif
SL James
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jul 19 2005, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (SL James @ Jul 19 2005, 12:43 PM)

There are women players?
hermit
QUOTE (JongWK)
I kinda imagined Bubba like a troll version of the Italian guy in Eurotrip, but YMMV...

"Scusi!" biggrin.gif

Wong, you're fucking scary!!! ._. wobble.gif spin.gif rotfl.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (SL James)

Don't get around much? Apparently you never had the joy/repulsion of reading the Old Man Murray forums before they went silent (the news site hasn't been updated in over 3 years) with it's many references to red tinged toilet water. dead.gif

There are women players?

Perhaps he was talking about the other part of the limit?

p.s. I'm pretty sure there have been references to the breadth of the playtesters including to including females. Although it would seem to me that, especially when you get outside of War Hammer, just gathering up a group of existing RPG gamers will net you a good catch of estrogen.
JongWK
QUOTE (hermit)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Jul 19 2005, 10:54 PM)

"Scusi!" biggrin.gif

Wong, you're fucking scary!!! ._. wobble.gif spin.gif rotfl.gif

I try to do my best, thank you. wobble.gif
Aku
and actually, he's the one that turned it into a gay thing.... Bubba has yet to come out of the closer AFAIK, atleast, he's just a love troll smile.gif)
fistandantilus4.0
hehe.... 17 odd posts, and only one addressing the actual point of the post.

Dumpshockers, I salute you.
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Critias
QUOTE (SL James)

There are women players?

I'm gonna laugh when Ell kicks in your face !!
SL James
Oh...

Okay...

Actually, my point stands. I said 'women', which requires another one to be present.
Critias
Point.
Ellery
Snow_Fox?
hermit
Torrzzzzz, Plan B, Talia Invierno ...
Kagetenshi
Pistons, Whizbang, others whose names I can't remember for the life of me but I know they're there…

~J
blakkie
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jul 20 2005, 01:41 AM)
hehe.... 17 odd posts, and only one addressing the actual point of the post.

Dumpshockers, I salute you.
notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Not true, there was one response where there was a part dealing with the topic. In the first response FrostyNSO used an ontopic answer (Fanpro has made no indication of a delay) as a pretense for attacking the cover art and the rules. The next post after that finds Walknuki naively handing over the figurative keys of the thread to hijackers. smile.gif

The search for the perfection of an entire thread of non-sequentor responses continues. spin.gif
mintcar
An intire thread of swordfish mustardball...

(just imagine how that expression will raise eyebrows in a few years biggrin.gif, then there might be people who think it bares significance)
Edge2054
Does anyone know if Ghost in the Shell's still on Cartoon Network?

Errr... wait... is this the right thread for this?

Is the conversation about female gamers or female characters?

I think we have one of each in our current campaign, though they're one in the same.
mintcar
think? Is it hard to tell? wink.gif
Edge2054
Hey, you can never tell for sure, the character's pretty butch after all.

As far as the player goes, yeah, she's a she she, though some of the guys in the group may be he she's. Never know.
Lady Anaka
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Pistons, Whizbang, others whose names I can't remember for the life of me but I know they're there…

~J

.... me, ....
Kagetenshi
Actually, I distinctly remember typing you into that list. I'm not sure why it vanished—maybe it was a sleep-fogged hallucination…

~J
Lady Anaka
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Actually, I distinctly remember typing you into that list. I'm not sure why it vanished—maybe it was a sleep-fogged hallucination…

~J

*grin* No worries.
Snow_Fox
I'm just pleased I was one of the first women brought up.

I was wondering about the other books they were going to release before Gen Con. SoA, SoLA etc. no sign of those.

Oh and Bubba the love Troll got bitch slapped by Bitten By the Bug
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Lady Anaka)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jul 20 2005, 01:15 PM)

~J

.... me, ....

see, honestly, I don't know how you guys even know the difference ('cept for in Lady Anaka's case). Heck, my wife is PLan B, and that's the only reason I know. I'm probably just dense though.

On a side note, it kinda worries me that Adam hasn't popped onto this here thread and said "everything is fine citizens, go back to your homes", or something to that effect.
Adam
Oh, everything is fine citizens. I'm just rocking busy making sure everything is fine for a couple other gaming companies, too. smile.gif

[And, looking at the SR4 credits list... FanPro is probably one of the top five companies in terms of using female freelancers for writing, editing, art, and design.]
fistandantilus4.0
thanks Adam smile.gif
*goes back home*
Jrayjoker
Winterhawk11 deserves mention as well....

And Adam, were 'runners, not citizens. No SIN....
Ancient History
Speak for yourself. According to my five SINs I'm /several/ upstanding citizens.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Speak for yourself. According to my five SINs I'm /several/ upstanding citizens.

PLeased to meet you, and you , and you , and you, and you....
fistandantilus4.0
Check for your wallet AH. I wouldn't let JJ get that close. wink.gif
Ancient History
My real wallet, or my decoy wallet?
Nikoli
Depends, which one has the Black credstick fashioned from C-12 and epoxy-resin?
Jrayjoker
I don't want his wallet, just the IDs. Those are worth real cred...
ankh-le-fixer
Can someone "who knows" (like Adam) answer the original question : will SR4 be on time for Gencon and in addition will it be available on pdf (or be ordered by any means) on the same time for people who can t be at Gencon and dont want to wait another month after already having wait so long.
blakkie
QUOTE (ankh-le-fixer @ Jul 22 2005, 08:32 AM)
Can someone "who knows" (like Adam) answer the original question : will SR4 be on time for Gencon and in addition will it be available on pdf (or be ordered by any means) on the same time for people who can t be at Gencon and dont want to wait another month after already having wait  so long.

QUOTE (Adam)

Oh, everything is fine citizens....

Please return to your productivity cubicle and demonstrate your partiotism by resuming your double enjoyable job. smile.gif

P.S. I suspect we'll have to wait for the next FAQ, which is suppose to deals with product issues, before we'll know about the PDF and other stuff like that. Personally i'm curious about the limited edition as they haven't given out pricing, availability, or other stuff like that. My FLGS has the BBB listed for arriving Sept. 30th since at least mid-June, so it wouldn't be surprising if you'll have to wait a month for the hardcopy.
Gildashard
Here what's Amazon.com has on it. Looks like September, and they have it marked at $23....for a Hardcover too. Wonder how accurate this is.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...4927889-2260067
the_dunner
Historically, Amazon has been a VERY bad place to buy Shadowrun RPG materials.
Slacker
QUOTE (Gildashard)
Here what's Amazon.com has on it. Looks like September, and they have it marked at $23....for a Hardcover too. Wonder how accurate this is.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...4927889-2260067

That's $23 on sale. List price shows as $34.99.

But like dunner said, Amazon is a traditionally a poor place to get Shadowrun RPG material from.
Nikoli
also, most of their release dates and initial pricing has about six pounds of dick to do with reality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012